Old 04-26-2017, 01:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Default Putt Putt Golf

Hah, check out this little 9 hole course. Shortest course I've played yet! Less than 1000'!

How cool would it be to see something like this at 18 hole courses instead of just a practice basket? 9 hole putt putt courses to get you warmed up. If basket cost wasn't such an issue its something I'd love to see happen.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2017, 02:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 16

The Flying Armadillo Disc Golf Club has a full size 18 hole course and another 18 hole putt-putt type mini course. The holes on the mini course average a little over 100' and are played as par 2. Its full of hazards that most disc golfers would loathe on a full size course, but when played on a putt-putt type course are really fun. Things like a hanging basket, a roller ramp, a sunken basket, a lighthouse, a basket inside a building, etc. For those that don't like gimmick holes, there's even a hole called the Ultimate Gimmick Hole that includes a slide, a screen, and 4 car hoods suspended in air for ricochet shots. Some of the hazards can be seen in the ace videos found in the video section of the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/flyingarmadillodiscgolf/

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7821
Old 04-26-2017, 07:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 86

Blockhouse Tiki course!! They have 18 holes plus mini baskets so you can play with minis/markers as well. It's even got lights. Great way to work on long putts and up shots.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55

Another fun short course: Little Black Bear at the Farragut State Park DG complex in Athol, ID. Discatcher baskets, concrete tee pads, no gimmicks, plays through the woods as a "real course" in miniature. Great for approach/putting warm-ups prior to the other three courses - AWOL, Wreckreator and North Star - and for families/kids.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21
Courses Played: 132

My home course (NAD Park) has 6 baskets in the front of the park, we call it the "Junior Course". I think the longest hole is about 100' or so. It has natural tees right now that are framed in, and as soon as they get concrete I'll list it here as a practice course. It's a great place to warm up, practice putt, and just throw safari in general for short game practice.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 6

I can deal with traffic and crowds...but the lack of land for DG in Los Angeles is abhorrent.

Nice jump putt on hole 3.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gblambert View Post
The Flying Armadillo Disc Golf Club has a full size 18 hole course and another 18 hole putt-putt type mini course. The holes on the mini course average a little over 100' and are played as par 2. Its full of hazards that most disc golfers would loathe on a full size course, but when played on a putt-putt type course are really fun. Things like a hanging basket, a roller ramp, a sunken basket, a lighthouse, a basket inside a building, etc. For those that don't like gimmick holes, there's even a hole called the Ultimate Gimmick Hole that includes a slide, a screen, and 4 car hoods suspended in air for ricochet shots. Some of the hazards can be seen in the ace videos found in the video section of the Facebook page.

Came here to say this. It already exists and it is awesome.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agricolae View Post
Another fun short course: Little Black Bear at the Farragut State Park DG complex in Athol, ID. Discatcher baskets, concrete tee pads, no gimmicks, plays through the woods as a "real course" in miniature. Great for approach/putting warm-ups prior to the other three courses - AWOL, Wreckreator and North Star - and for families/kids.
I spent two summers camp hosting at Farragut, and loved the Little Black Bear course. Lots of trees and interesting lines to hit. Just take a putter or two and practice approaches and putts. I would often play a round "driving" BH and and another driving FH. I know that they've got nine additional baskets and plans to bump it out to an 18 hole course, but don't know if that has been done yet.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcc View Post
I spent two summers camp hosting at Farragut, and loved the Little Black Bear course. Lots of trees and interesting lines to hit. Just take a putter or two and practice approaches and putts. I would often play a round "driving" BH and and another driving FH. I know that they've got nine additional baskets and plans to bump it out to an 18 hole course, but don't know if that has been done yet.
I heard the same about bringing Little Black Bear to 18 holes when I played Farragut Open last October. Also, plans to put in another course - longer and more open than any other in the complex. Farragut State Park is doing it right for disc golfers!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gblambert View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
Came here to say this. It already exists and it is awesome.
This place is already great, and they are working hard to make it even better. I think we will be hearing a lot more praise for the Flying Armadillo in the coming years.