#1  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:09 PM
alfonseski alfonseski is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 289
Niced 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default Tenacity vs. Vanish vs. Catalyst

So I like to throw understable stuff, hyzerflip to flat that sort of thing. Come from an ultimate background. I can throw around 400. I have been throwing the Catalyst for a while, it bombs and is basically the same thing as a star Shryke. Mine is a bit more US than that but only because its more beat in. I also have a tenacity, the tenacity is interesting as it is less high speed stable than the catalyst but seems to have more fade. I use it for big long turnovers usually but I can hyzerflip it to straight though I do not seem to get the distance the catalyst will get on the same throw. I had bought a proton Vanish(usually get neutron) when I was excited to buy the mayhem and they did not have it bought the Vanish. I did not give it that much of a look at first. But I was out throwing it early and it flies beautifully, seems somewhere inbetween the tenacity and the catalyst. Thoughts on these discs anyone? I have not tried the relativity, which would add to the confusion.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 132
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,859
Niced 292 Times in 132 Posts
Default

I miss when golf discs were named after animals and "Moray" was about as weird as it got.

Sorry, drifting....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2017, 09:03 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 573
Niced 71 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Never thrown the Tenacity or Catalyst, but I love the Vanish. For me its like a Tern, but slightly faster. Great glide and penetration. I'm a 400'ish thrower myself, and the Vanish was going over 400' on every throw. One good bomb went 450'.

I would love to try some of the other faster discs from MVP/Axiom. SERIOUS distance potential. The Vanish might be longer than any disc I own.... and I own a hell of a lot of them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:42 PM
TAFL's Avatar
TAFL TAFL is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Kansastan
Years Playing: 32.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 535
Niced 46 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I miss when golf discs were named after animals and "Moray" was about as weird as it got.

Sorry, drifting....
And the Moray was one of my favorite discs!

Drifting along....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-30-2017, 11:53 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 16,261
Niced 490 Times in 369 Posts
Default

11 vs 13 speed US... They all work but comes down to angles and power.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:40 AM
alfonseski alfonseski is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 289
Niced 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Never thrown the Tenacity or Catalyst, but I love the Vanish. For me its like a Tern, but slightly faster. Great glide and penetration. I'm a 400'ish thrower myself, and the Vanish was going over 400' on every throw. One good bomb went 450'.

I would love to try some of the other faster discs from MVP/Axiom. SERIOUS distance potential. The Vanish might be longer than any disc I own.... and I own a hell of a lot of them.
Catalyst is longer and faster
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-31-2017, 08:10 PM
thePiRaTE's Avatar
thePiRaTE thePiRaTE is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 666
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I miss when golf discs were named after animals and "Moray" was about as weird as it got.

Sorry, drifting....
There are still good animals left too. Lion and Tiger are still available. So is Giraffe. Donkey, Horse, Bull, Racoon - basically all the non-glide animals. Platipus glide though - so do Killer Whales. Flying Fish both glide and Fly - should have been a disc a long time ago. Albatross, Wahoo (oh, nevermind, Wahoo is taken...) I can think a few discs that could be renamed 'the Skunk'. That said, my favorite unused animal name is Sloth. Still think that would suit a lid.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-31-2017, 08:16 PM
thePiRaTE's Avatar
thePiRaTE thePiRaTE is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 666
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonseski View Post
So I like to throw understable stuff, hyzerflip to flat that sort of thing. Come from an ultimate background. I can throw around 400. I have been throwing the Catalyst for a while, it bombs and is basically the same thing as a star Shryke. Mine is a bit more US than that but only because its more beat in. I also have a tenacity, the tenacity is interesting as it is less high speed stable than the catalyst but seems to have more fade. I use it for big long turnovers usually but I can hyzerflip it to straight though I do not seem to get the distance the catalyst will get on the same throw. I had bought a proton Vanish(usually get neutron) when I was excited to buy the mayhem and they did not have it bought the Vanish. I did not give it that much of a look at first. But I was out throwing it early and it flies beautifully, seems somewhere inbetween the tenacity and the catalyst. Thoughts on these discs anyone? I have not tried the relativity, which would add to the confusion.
I'm at 1045 meters in Calgary, about 375 on drives and the Catalyst is my go to driver. On a full power rip from me it holds a turn for a long ways, but is easy to dial in the late, light fade. I don't worry about it flipping. It's been a while since I took the Vanish out, but I recall it not seeming very dissimilar to the Wave I'd been bagging before it. At similar power as my Catalyst, I find the Wave would hold the turn all the way over sometimes, a bit less stable for me and the Vanish is to be slightly less than that. So I'd agree Catalyst is above the Vanish in stability, but neither Vanish nor Wave stood out for notable fade in my recollections, which leaves the Tenacity in all this perhaps still a bit more stable. I'll field test again, I'm curious now.

Last edited by thePiRaTE; 08-31-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

  #9  
Old 09-26-2017, 04:44 PM
MSQRD MSQRD is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 24
Posts: 2
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I'm a huge, huge fan of the Mayhem. It's significantly outdrives any of the other MVP/Axiom discs i own (and i have a lot). My arm speeds puts me in the 165-169 range, but it fights wind like other brands 175g discs. FYI Proton seems to be a bit more stable than the Neutron.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.