Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 45.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 89 Times in 63 Posts

no.

That looks like a cheesy 1960s airplane carry-on bag with 90s poly mesh tacked on (in my humble opinion)

Does have a drink holder. So that's pretty hip and modern. Fishing bag and tool bag manufactures still haven't figured that out.

Also, no mention of what the "leather" is sourced from. Cow likely. I would not be shocked if it's some sort of poly labeled as "leather". Real words don't mean much anymore. This is likely someone pretty much ordering nearly off-the-shelf from some transnational middleman thats calls another to get stuff done at the mystery factory somewhere in the Far East. The photos of this disc golf product may literally be as much as the person selling this knows about this bag other than the cost shipped.

If I asked the seller one question, it would be " can this bag take hot iron branding?"

A version of this bag is rotting in every 12th persons grandparents basement and may have a cool Pan Am logo on it

Last edited by MarkDSM; 05-03-2017 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:25 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 14 Times in 6 Posts

It almost looks like a leather version of a Crunch Bag.

Something tells me that it won't hold up as long tho.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 1
Niced 215 Times in 138 Posts

I've always preached that you should never knock a product, especially without ever having used it. But just on the surface, we see that it's a starter bag, not quite as big as a Fade Crunch Box. And it's $109. Just taking those two things into consideration, I think this will be a very tough sell, in a fairly saturated market, no matter how nice or durable it is.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.2
Courses Played: 210
Niced 135 Times in 71 Posts

I would question the lining, looks pretty flimsy for the rigors of my use on a course in all kinds of weather. The bottle holder is too small and that strap.......
Old 05-04-2017, 12:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 52
Niced 321 Times in 212 Posts

It almost looks like they cut the outer covering of an innova standard bag and recovered it with cheap leather. It has the same mesh pocket on the lid. Same zipper pocket on the back. Basically the same strap. They just changed the hardware and zippers....

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 05-04-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:51 PM

Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

Wow..tough crowd here. It is indeed meant to be a basic bag made from cowhide leather. Not some cheap "faux" leather or "bonded" leather. The basic bag from most companies are pretty similar in design....you need a main compartment for the discs, a putter pocket, a bottle holder, and a storage compartment or 2.....I don't know how to make it much different. As for the price.....it is currently priced toward the lower end of the scale for leather handbags,purses, bowling ball bags, etc of a similar size.....though I could come down a bit and still make a small profit.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 1
Niced 215 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hole7 View Post
Wow..tough crowd here. It is indeed meant to be a basic bag made from cowhide leather. Not some cheap "faux" leather or "bonded" leather. The basic bag from most companies are pretty similar in design....you need a main compartment for the discs, a putter pocket, a bottle holder, and a storage compartment or 2.....I don't know how to make it much different. As for the price.....it is currently priced toward the lower end of the scale for leather handbags,purses, bowling ball bags, etc of a similar size.....though I could come down a bit and still make a small profit.
I agree that the price is right for a quality leather product. But I have to ask about durability.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 52
Niced 321 Times in 212 Posts

Yea. At 3 or 4x+ the normal price of a starter bag, it had better be very durable.

I think you should have gone a little more fashionable with the design to attract the female disc'r. I wouldn't think the younger male crowd would be interested in leather, with all the hi tech fabrics and the colors available with them. And we all know how women love a nice looking hand bag...

Old 05-04-2017, 01:25 PM

Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

There are leather ball golf bags, bowling ball bags, etc available and on the market, and they are generally more expensive than bags of other fabric types. Genuine leather is expensive. I can tell you it is not cheap, "bonded" leather or imitation leather. It is designed to be rugged and water resistant. More designs are possible in the future...but a basic bag seemed the most logical place to start. I have decided to offer an introductory sale price of $89. Free Shipping.

Niced: (2)