Dayton, OH
Belmont Park Share
Uploaded By: GoobyPls Hole #1 (Taken 1/2017)

Share URL:

Belmont Park

2-4    10/18/2017   10/18/2017
Review By: ad166809
Pros: So this review is probably going to get me my first thumbs down.

The design of this course is awesome. Goes all the way through the park. Typical old school, nothing fancy course design (which I love).

Foliage maintenance is pretty great at this park. I actually really like the man made OB foilage "traps" on some of the holes.

My favorite thing about Belmont has to be all the benches and trash cans around. I have played at a lot of courses and this course does by far the best job of keeping the trash to a minimum and/or at least giving you a short walk if you need to throw something away.

Elevation changes are so great at Belmont. I love the downhill holes here. Makes you feel like you're throwing a country mile when you chuck a good one downhill. #11 and #18 are some of the best downhill holes I have played.

Great variety of hole distances. Short and woody and long and open. Belmont does a great job of this.

You will be surprised at the amount of shots required at Belmont. You will look and say "oh super open hole, Ill just bomb and putt." Then you will realize "ugh oh my putt has to wrap around the tree right in front of me better pull out the drone." Well thats at least what I said about 5 times.

This course is really great for people of all levels. I am not a super far driver. I seem to have a solid mid-range game so anytime a course isnt just open bombs every hole it makes the round more competitive with your long bomber friends.

This course is a pleasant challenge. I think it would be a great park to start learning the game. You won't lose a disc, it won't wear you out hiking, it doesn't offer Ace Handyman level difficulty. It will challenge every aspect of your game though driving, mid-range and putting will be tested at different times throughout the course.

Parking is great. Right next to #1 and #19 will end you an easy walk to your vehicle.

This park has a lot of scenic beauty. At first look you might think its just a plain old park but as you navigate your way through the course you will be pleasantly surprised at how nice it actually is.

This park is in a great location for southern Dayton people and northern Dayton people to travel too. I have seen tons of events listed for Belmont.
Cons: The reason I am making the baskets a con is because there are no baskets for 13 and 14 right now. Put those back in and ill move this course up to a 3 and change this from a con to a pro.

I am also going to give the tee pads a con. Probably not the parks fault but the giant dick graffiti on the tee pads is pretty alarming in a public park. I understand the Jonah Hill Superbad kid comes out young men sometimes, but come on people this is a public park where kids go. Not cool.

Map Markers are getting a con as well. They have to figure out a way to show which location the basket is at. If there is a way they show this then I am sorry for putting this as a con, but either way if I couldnt find it easily then this has to get a con.

No super epic holes that I can think of. Maybe #11.

No camping.

One of my biggest pet peeves for a public park is no porta-pottys or restrooms. It just seems to bother me that there are a bunch of 18-50 year old men out there just wizzing wherever they want when kids could be around. Just throw in 1 porta-potty or an easier way to use the restroom here.

No running water from what I saw.

Super crowded. This is a regular for disc golfers in the Dayton area. It is great to see all the people that come out to this course, but ill be honest and say I like the much more relaxed Tcreek or Gulley Park over the super packed courses.

Attitude of locals was surprisingly a little off putting yesterday. From the homely looking men that sit at the picnic table on #2 and ask everyone that passes (including high school kids) if they had weed to sell him, to the guy that got mad that it took us over 45 seconds to find a disc in the grass, to the group of 5-6 people in front of us that seemed disgruntled when we told them to go ahead and throw so we didnt hit them on #11 (we were teeing off #10). I will say there were some really nice guys that told us where a basket was when we got a little confused. Overall probably my worst experience with locals.

Other Thoughts: Some of the loyal Belmont fans will probably be mad at this review and thumbs down but overall I was looking for a better experience at a park that I have played once before and loved. Get rid of the dicks on the tee pads, add a reasonable place to use the bathroom, treat your disc golf brotherens a little nicer, ask the burnouts to maybe head somewhere else, put back in the baskets for #13 and #14, and clean up the map markers. If you actually fully read this review you should understand why I gave it a 2.5.

A bit of a let down

5+    9/5/2014   9/8/2014
Review By: JDS3105
This review was updated on 4/30/2015
Pros: Wide open so there's very little chance of loosing discs. Fairly easy to play. Good if you want chances to really let some drives loose.
Cons: Always busy, grass isn't cut often enough, some shady people there at times. Not very challenging. If you can thrown straight, you can shoot under par
Other Thoughts: I heard tons of people raving about this course. After playing it, I have to say overall it was a real let down. It's not a bad course by any means. Most my issues are with the neighborhood and some of the people that play here. For the most part everyone is nice. But this is also the course where I have encountered the most rude and shady people compared to other courses. This is a course I'd play early in the morning when it's empty. Some say this is the best course in Dayton. To me, that title goes to either Fairborn or Sycamore

2-4    7/10/2012   8/20/2012
Review By: preludedrew
Pros: 18 Hole course in Dayton, very open has some long shots too for good drives. Easy to understand tees.
Cons: always older guys sitting in chairs in the parking lot, gives the park a bad mood i think, all shots are open, no wood shots, have to keep going up to the mound for a few holes. A long walk for some. Needs new and betters tee signs if you ask me.
Other Thoughts: A popular course in Dayton, this older course is love it or hate it.