Park Course Fail
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - 5 well mounted Mach Vs, all in good repair. Hole number plates mounted on top of each.
- Park is well kept for the most part.
- The Course has a decent number of trees in play adding some challenge.
- Something to do in Alberton, MT.
- Easily accessed from I-90.
- Free to play.
Cons: - Only 5 baskets for 9 holes. 6 through 9 just play right back over 5 through 2 ending back at hole 1's basket.
- No tee boxes. Tee areas are marked by a single small paver stone set level with the ground. Some have a hole number on them.
- No signage, posted map, etc. Only thing to help are the number plates on the baskets which can still be confusing since 4 of them have a different hole number on each side of the plate.
- Very few well designed holes. It's almost hard to describe how poorly the course was laid out. It plays through multiple mixed use areas and seemingly disregards any thought of user conflict or safety. Swing sets, BBQs, heavy equipment tires, a baseball field, a sheltered pavilion, and Tennis courts are all in play. Even if none of that is in use, some of the holes don't even have a clear line through the trees which aren't that plentiful. I'm not going to go through and tear apart each hole but this is probably the worst aspect.
- Course is bordered by quite a bit of private property making lost discs a real possibility for holes 4, 5, 6, and 7.
Other Thoughts: I sure love bagging me some weird, quirky, and even kinda crappy courses. This however, is one of my least favorite courses I've played to date. Hole 1 is a nice golf hole. Hole 2 is decent. After that, between the lack of infrastructure, silly amount of mixed use area, and poor hole layout, the course lost its novelty for me very quickly. Couple of ace run-ish holes add a touch of value. Overall, and unfortunately, this is a bad place to cram a disc golf course into. I'd recommend this course only to the most avid of course baggers and people that may be just that desperate to throw at baskets. Easy access from the interstate but Alberton is a sad, run-down little town so shoot for time when the park isn't busy, get in, bag, and get out.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.