Great Tahoe course
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - 27 holes with DISCatchers (personally my favorite targets)
- Each hole has at least three pin positions
- Positions clearly marked by a washer
- Great rubber tees with brooms to brush off dirt
- You can easily choose to play 9, 18, or all 27 because the front 9 and back 18 are separated by about 50 feet and a sign directs you to both
- Great scenery
- For the amount of traffic it generates it's fairly quiet
- Couple of fun mandos and a clearly marked OB on each hole's sign
- There's a water
Cons: - Al Tahoe Blvd. runs next to 5
- The tee for 3 is on one side of a road out of the park
- Very, very dusty
- Can be hard to find some baskets because of the trees; I actually could not find 18 and ended up shooting at 19
Other Thoughts: I found this course on one of my 3-4 times yearly family trips to Tahoe last summer, when I was about as novice as you could get at disc golf. It's situated in a busy but large community park off Al Tahoe Blvd.
It is by far the best course I have ever played on. Challenging, shaded, and fun, this course with all its options makes it interesting for everyone. I am making it a point to play this course at least once on all my future Tahoe getaway trips during the summer and fall.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Baskets are move frequently
Lots of different obstacles - water, trees, narrow, hills
Good for beginners and experts
Cons: Very busy - big groups
Parking fills up quickly - you'll just need to park farther away and walk
Other Thoughts: A must if you are in South Lake Tahoe
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Multiple pin placements with a par up to 88 on 27 holes . Best teepads I have ever played on and are the perfect size if allotted imo . Brand new 28 chain discatchers . Trash bins and recycling throughout the course , benches to suit. Clear signage . Incredibly clean!! Practice baskets with putting stations at each.
Cons: Lots of traffic due to being a community park wit lots of other activities , Bicycle park , skate park , playgrounds, basketball courts .etc .etc
Other Thoughts: Great park lots of efforts seen and shown deserves better review considering the how playable it is.. Snow rounds are also played here with a very awesome and active community and club support.
3 of 8 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Fun easy golf in Tahoe
Pros: Easy to navigate (for all but a couple of holes)
Good tee pads
Cons: Many holes on the front 9 bring the road/parking area for the park into play...
Only a couple of holes that weren't a simple drive and putt
Considering the setting there is little to no elevation
Other Thoughts: If you are staying in the Tahoe area I highly recommend this course. It is simple enough to play quickly, and will be fun with some nice ace runs for advanced players, and will still be accessible for beginners.
Like most of the golf I saw in California the rough is very forgiving compared to the upper mid-west, and even the tight fairways don't feel that difficult to hit.
All in all I still had a lot of fun, and my wife played most of the holes as well! That is a treat for her to feel comfortable playing a course with me so a huge plus there.
Worth the stop if you're in the area!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Nice long course
2 Helpful / 4 Not
-Tee signs are very helpful, especially with the varied basket positions
-Most, if not all, Baskets are totally or partially visible from the Tee, or the walk to the tee.
-Baskets themselves are in good condition
-This course has very little elevation, but if there is a slight hill or bump, it is used.
-I wouldn't call this a wooded course, at least for the first 10 or so holes, but what teees there are come into play and make you take a more interesting line than a lazy Hyzer.
-This is a fairly popular course, lots of people playing, and it has a good vibe about it, which many popular courses lack.
-The few holes that have benches have good benches
-This course is located in a typical California wood, which is quite pretty
-Massive variety of shots, some holes have lots of open air to try stuff out
-Fairways are really really dusty (in the summer when I played) expect to clean you discs
-Navigation is tricky without a map, not impossible, but harder than it needs to be.
-After hole 12ish, the rough becomes really bad, tall grass Devours discs.
-One hole crosses a road, which is obviously not good
-This course gets a 2.5/4 on the New Shoe Index, my shoes were covered in dust
Other Thoughts: Park in which the course is located has a wide variety of available activities.
2 of 6 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
bijou, adj., small and elegant
Pros: * SO much better than I thought it would be after driving past it for a couple of years, largely because...
* 9 holes have been inserted in the middle which border on some beautiful alpine meadow, with 180-degree views of surrounding mountains--well worth the price of admission right there! Holy crap, it's pretty.
* Excellent maintenance: good baskets, nice rubber tees with brooms, etc.
* Trash/recycling bins all over the place... and basically no grody litter. A coincidence? A conspiracy? You be the judge.
Cons: * First 9 holes are fairly ho-hum, close to road/lot, and almost on top of each other.
* Pretty durned flat overall.
* In fact, the setting remains the main draw throughout... (but did I mention how pretty it is?)
* Beside a newly constructed BMX park but no one was killing sick tricks and stuff while I was near it, so that's clearly this course's fault. Or Obama's. I can't keep it straight anymore.
Other Thoughts: Confession: Though we played here a couple of times, my friends and I kept having to leave after playing the first 18 (super-important business to attend!), so I actually haven't played the last 9 holes yet. My impression is that they are in between the front and middle 9 in character. I just hope that there are a few holes where guys do BMX tricks over the tee pads.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Definitely worth a visit
Pros: Gorgeous park with course winding through tall pines. A good challenge for all skill levels. Easy to navigate with zero chance of losing discs. Not a "mountain" course, but does have decent changes in elevation. Good variety of shot shapes.
The tee signs are easy to read and determine basket location with the washer system.
Cons: The course overly rewards the power thrower. There is a high luck factor due to the nature of the forest. Slight misses can hit trees and re-direct while a major shank gets lucky and parked.
Many holes crowd each other and several baskets crowd the road. Hole 2 throws directly towards a dog park.
Other Thoughts: While flawed, the fun factor is very high here.
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: The course is very well maintained
There are lots of pin locations for each hole, giving a good variety.
Good views of the mountain faces as you play along the edge of the back 18
Cons: This place gets super crowded on weekends.
The course is very flat
Other Thoughts: If you are in South Lake this is definitely worth playing through. There are lots of trees to make the course difficult, but I think its just an average course. I guess I get spoiled living up here with all of the other fantastic courses nearby.
Don't play on Sundays if you are solo, there is the weekly dubs Sunday morning and it will take hours to play through
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - for 27 holes it play fast and easy
- very accessible, right in south lake Tahoe
- great teepads
- great variety of shot shaping and distance, shorter technical shots and some longer shots that force you to shape lines as well
- the layout of the course is very easy to follow, and most tee pads are within view of the previous basket
- benches at most tee pads and lots of tall trees to offer shade
- not much elevation change, but what they have they use well
Cons: - while the course is easy to figure out, a few navigation signs would help out
- the tight course layout could lead to some injuries from an errant throw
- no real "wow" shot
Other Thoughts: I was amazed how fast and easily I was able to fly through the 27 holes. Great course I would recommend to any disc golfer.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
27 holes never seemed so easy and effortlessly to play
1) Nice, large teepads.
2) Signs at every hole.
3) Brooms on sign post, to clean teepads when dirty.
4) Two courses in one, the first 9 and the back 18, so you can play 9, 18 or all 27.
5) Great mix of long, medium and short holes.
6) Up to 5 pin positions for every hole.
7) Trash cans around the course, so do your part and keep the park clean.
8) Trees galore around the course provide challenges to all levels of golfer: beginning to advanced.
9) Tree stumps around provide places where you can sit your bag, instead of the ground.
10) Bathroom and water fountains on site.
11) Practice basket (homemade) near hole 1.
12) 3 loops on the course: 1-9, 10-15, 16-27.
1) Holes 5, 6, 7 are near AI Tahoe Blvd, so watch your hyzers.
2) Cris crossing of holes occurs a few times on the course, so print out a map, if it's your first time playing there.
3) Very popular course as my friend and I allowed a few groups to play through, so get there early if you want to avoid those crowds.
4) Hole 27 is close to hole 16, so again, use the map.
Other Thoughts: I drove 2.5 hours from Sacramento to play this course and I was not disappointed. It was easy to find and was, literally, a breath of fresh air from the city. Heck, I would drive any amount of time to play this course. This course was built for all levels of player.
Besides disc golf, there is a skate park, basketball court and a few pavilions for public use. Be sure to mind the 6.5 mph speed limit posted when you enter the park. Plenty of parking, even for the amount of people that play here.
Holes 12, 13, 14 provide a distinct and beautiful view of the mountains. There is a BBQ grill near teepad of hole 10. Not sure if it works, but it's there. Definitely will be making my way back to Bijou to play some more rounds. I highly recommend this course to any and all players. you, too, will NOT be disappointed.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.