South Lake Tahoe, CA
Bijou Community Park Share
Uploaded By: sansho Hole #22 (Taken 7/2013)

Tahoes Staple Gem!

5+    6/29/2010   1/7/2011
Review By: GVDiscr
This review was updated on 1/29/2011
Pros: Bijou Community Park is a very nice tranquil setting to play Disc Golf in...
With 27 amazing holes to throw... the layout and variety of shots make Bijou an amazingly insane place to play golf! The course comes back to the parking lot after Hole 9 and Hole 15 giving players plenty of refill stops at their car.
There is a perfect mix of technical and more "open" holes; but overall.. the course is going to give you a run for your money regardless! It's never packed either to my knowledge!
I wouldn't say there are really any signature holes here... just 27 great holes of golf to be played! If your heading to the Tahoe area, you better make this a stop during your trip! You will NOT be disappointed!
Cons: Snows a LOT in the winter, leaving it almost impossible to get a full 27 holes in. But we can't control mother nature. So there really are no cons at all! :^D
Other Thoughts: This course will make you fall in love with the sport all over again. Once you hit Hole 12-14 with the big open field and mountains surrounding you.. all you have to do is put down your bag and take a look around at where your golfing! It's absolutely beautiful!

5+    7/14/2010   11/8/2010
Review By: Rocknminerals
Pros: Love any course with 27 holes!!! This is a great local course in the middle of town. One of my favorite things about this course is that the pins are always being changed up. Some elevation change, along with a good amount of long shots. Great layout with plenty of trees.
Cons: I really don't have any complaints about the course. Maybe that there's no water shots, only in the spring.
Other Thoughts: I hope they can build more courses like this one close by. I can't wait to play here again;-)

Bijou

5+    8/21/2010   10/1/2010
Review By: Swiftacle
Pros: 27 holes. The front nine offers a good warm-up for the back 18.
Other Thoughts: Recently cleared out a ton of trees. The course now plays 5-6 shots easier, and it wasn't that challenging of a course to begin with. There are still some precise shots, but the front nine has opened up to where 7 of the holes are ace-able.

Loved It

1    8/13/2010   8/16/2010
Review By: waywu2001
Pros: 27 HOLES! That's fantastic and the course is laid out so well that we were done relatively quickly. The course really rewards having the ability to throw different lines. The ground cover makes it easy to find ones disc which is good for players of all ability. Terrain is kid/stroller friendly.
Cons: Can be rather dusty so bring a towel to clean one's discs. Not terribly challenging bogey-wise. Never bogeyed and the course was forgiving with poor drives.
Other Thoughts: Gazebos were nice along with the other course attractions (skate park & playground.)

Play It

2-4    5/30/2010   5/30/2010
Review By: Joe_Maumy
Pros: Another killer Tahoe course. Wide variety of holes laid out in a city park. 27 holes, very cool!
Well laid out without much traffic once you clear the first few holes. Good markers and easy to find your way. There are brooms at every tee to clean the mat if you need to. Nice park with a skatepark, small grass area, playground, dog park and restrooms. Bring your A game to get around all the different hols on this course, long, short, clear shots, trees etc. Very very creative. They locals we met (except 2 who were way to pushy) were all super cool. They take pride in this course and it shows.
Cons: Parking on a busy day can suck, but hey its FREE
Other Thoughts: Great course, if you are near here, play it. I am already trying to talk my wife into going back in a couple weeks and we are lucky and only live a little over an hour away.

Excellente!

1    4/24/2010   5/9/2010
Review By: StringPeachIncident
Pros: *Awesome variety of shots
*Good distance and very creative
*Some nice water holes
*Very spread out
Cons: *Puddles on some tees
*Can get mildly crowded
Other Thoughts: Upon arriving in tahoe before i had even been to the course before i was excited to check it out and it deffinately met my expectations. you start out by the parking area and work your way around huge trees soon snakeing you back into the woods where theres a cool water shot over a pond. its a great course and having 27holes never hurts, will look forward to returning.

Stunning and plenty of holes.

1    10/27/2009   10/27/2009
Review By: drgnslyr221
Pros: Beautiful park with 27 holes.Great use of land.Very few weak holes.

Incredible tees.These might be the best tees I've played.I don't know what the material is but I never lost my footing (something that happens occasionally even on concrete).

You will need every shot to do well.Back hand,sidearm,hyzer,anhyzer and the occasional overhand.Though I found myself throwing a lot of high hyzers as that is my best shot there were plenty of options on just about every hole.
Cons: There were more than a few times I had trouble finding the next tee.I think this has a lot to do with being in a forest.However I feel more could've been done to address this.

An abundance of blind baskets.I spent a lot of time trying to find the basket from the tee.I would've liked to see more done to let the player know the current basket location.With that being said the times I couldn't find the basket I threw down the middle and was in good shape.
Other Thoughts: Great course you should play if you get the chance.The scenery was amazing.

Still a favorite.

5+    10/15/2009   10/15/2009
Review By: trashmonster1985
Pros: very easy navigation. they usually do a good job about keeping up on the signs where the baskets are. great fairways. tons of different shot choices. lefts, rights, open fairways, tight fairways. this is one of those courses that has everything you want. since they change the pin locations regularly the course is always exciting to play. beautiful tahoe scenery, very friendly atmosphere, i love this place. great place for practicing in the beginning with two practice baskets. occasional tourneys. wide skill range of golfers. i've seen everything from pro's to beginners. 27 fun and unique holes. with the skatepark rebuilt there is also snack bar. and a fun little park to skate around in after a round of disc.
Cons: not many, the dust and occasional crowds are about the only things i've ever disliked about the course.
Other Thoughts: Bijou was the first course i played back in '07. at that point it set the standard for courses for me, and sadly no other courses compared for a long while. it is a great course for any level. or seriousness of player. in the spring you can usually do a round then still head over to sierra or another close resort and get a few runs in. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. so much stuff to do around the course as well. still one of my favorites and always will be. plus playing at 6200 ft elevation is a rarety for most people i think. this used to be my regular course, and whenever i go back down to visit friends i always set some time aside to throw a little at the bijou. if you are near tahoe, do not miss this course!!

A Tahoe adventure

1    8/4/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: JD Heel
Pros: - What can I say about 27 holes? I'm not used to playing a course with a legit 27, so that is a major feather in Bijou's cap.

- On a related note, you would almost expect that with 27 holes, they would start running together at some point, but I didn't find that to be the case. There was a good amount of variety with the difficulty and obstacles from hole to hole. I really felt a distinct identity with each 9-hole section of the course.

- There are multiple basket placements on each hole. The first 9 had an A and B layout, and the next 18 each had an A, B, and C layout. Sheer math would suggest that the possibilities are endless with the different overall layouts the course could have. With 27 holes and multiple basket locations, I can't imagine that Bijou gets too stale for the regulars who play it often.

- It is a challenging, yet fair, course. The trees and shrubs provide plenty of obstacles, but on most holes you have a shot at getting to the basket if you play smart.

- The signage was excellent, for the most part. With so many basket locations, signage is critical. I actually had the same problems with the basket markers that someone else mentioned before - a lot of them were missing - but I love the overall concept and system they have in place.

- This was my first experience throwing off rubber pads, and although it took some getting used to, I enjoyed it.

- The scenery was gorgeous, especially throwing on hole 12 looking out at the mountainside behind. The park overall is stunning with the pines and mountains in the distance.
Cons: - It can't really be helped, but the dirt really makes gripping your discs an adventure. That's just something you have to accept with this course.

- I definitely agree with the person who said that the holes are hard to find on the back part of the course. One basket - I believe it was on #22 - was not even in one of the three locations listed on the tee marker. I was told from a local that it was placed in an alternate location because of a tournament coming up. Luckily, I had someone there to tell me where it was. I can only imagine how hard it would be for someone like me to find it playing the course the first time alone.
Other Thoughts: Being from the East Coast, this was a new experience for me. The shrubs killed any rolls I hoped to get, and the trees were brutal - especially on hole 26. But, I still had the time of my life. This is definitely a course worth playing if you're in the Tahoe area.

A Tahoe treat

2-4    7/21/2009   7/29/2009
Review By: springy101
Pros: 27 holes! nice rubber teepads, great signage and brooms at most holes, not very busy, great friendly locals, up and down hill holes, and you can't forget Tahoe's beauty.
Cons: Once you finish hole 15 and you start on the "back side," the holes get really hard and also hard to find.
Other Thoughts: I went camping for 5 days and ended up playing this course 3 times.