Kingsport, TN
Borden Park Share
Uploaded By: 2002P51 Hole #12 (Taken 12/2017)

1 2 3 Next >
 C = As average as the come

5+    5/11/2005   6/7/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C-
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.

Bogs and Birds

1    4/10/2009   4/11/2009
Review By: swatso
Pros: Any beginner-suitable course with minimal chance to lose a disc is a good thing.

Tees marked by large numbered posts with distances on them. Short concrete teepads (mostly) help orient you towards next basket,

Map at http://www.dgcoursereview.com.../ed1c8410.pdf was very useful for following the course.

Ace/birdie/work on your ~200' approach shots for experienced players.

Near amenities.
Cons: Since the course is in a neighbourhood park, some holes play near pavilions and a walking path.

Since the bulk of the course is below street level, it is very flat, and the ground becomes, and stays, very saturated - wear waterproof boots, and certainly have a towel to clean your discs!

Can't see the basket numbers from the tees, so at times it becomes confusing which basket to throw towards (hence the need for the aforementioned map).
Other Thoughts: Holes range in distance from 140' to 253', with 2/3rds of them falling in the 175'-225' range. A couple large trees near the basket are the typical obstacles.

For players familiar with Calvert near DC, this course is similar but with 1/3rd the trees, 1/3rd the tees, and 3x the water saturation.

Good starter course for local beginners and practice course for those more experienced, but probably not worth the diversion for someone travelling in the area.

1    2/14/2009   2/14/2009
Review By: Mando
Pros: If you live in Kingsport, the course is a nice, centrally-located place to practice.
Visually appealing, park-like stand of big hardwoods. The course is a short drive from Warriors Path, so it makes for a nice combo in Kingsport.
Cons: Short and lacking variety.
Other Thoughts: The Tri-Cities now has 4 courses with the other two being Winged Deer and Steele's Creek.

Great Beginner Course

5+    7/10/2008   2/3/2009
Review By: ThrowTennesseeDCM
Pros: Great Place for beginners to start and practice or for experienced players to work on their short game.
Cons: Horrible when its wet. like a big mud bowl. entire course can be played with putter.
Other Thoughts: This course is very well designed for the space allowed

Nice Little Course

1    11/24/2008   11/25/2008
Review By: readmedottext
Pros: Well kept, tees marked, central location. Rotary club did a great job setting up another course in the Kingsport area.
Cons: Course is just slightly confusing. The tees are well laid out and marked, along with distance, but they don't always follow each other, logically.
Other Thoughts: I don't live in Kingsport, havent in over 10 years, but it's nice to see this course. It's bordered by factories, including an abandoned textile mill, and housing that was originally provided by the factories for workers. This is a nice little course, and I will definately be back to play it again next time I am in town.

1 2 3 Next >