Bandera, TX
Horseshoe Bend DGC Share
Uploaded By: markmcc Hole #7 (Taken 3/2019)

Hidden Jewel

1    7/25/2019   7/25/2019
Review By: bayouace
This review was updated on 7/26/2019
Pros: Gorgeous Hill Country course. Some elevation. Get ready for tight, wooded fairways. Can you say hyzers, anhyzers, and "S" lines. Has it all. I get to play it once a year, visiting here. Pardon the deer moving around. Just a fun course for an old man.
Cons: I think #4 needs a bit more open line, but if I played HB regularly, I could figure it out.
Other Thoughts: Great job City of Bandera!

Sweet upgrade

1    4/23/2019   4/26/2019
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: New map in dedicated disc golf parking
Port a potty
Tees have small signs on them
Once you find the first hole, the flow is pretty easy to follow without a map
Cons: Some of the fairways are not forgiving, there is no "good" landing spot for a 2nd throw.
gravel tee pads, at least better than just dirt
Other Thoughts: I played this course just a few months ago as a 9 hole course. I thought at the time they had room for 18, sure enough, a few months later I find out they redesigned the course as an 18 hole course.

Now a few of the holes are the same, however they did combine a hole to make it a long tough no line hole. I am sure if I played the course a few times, I would find the sweet spot to land, but as it is, hole 9 is crazy.

Most of the holes use natural fairways though what use to be a neighborhood. Several of the fairways to left, then right or right then left. While not long holes, you to want to stay in the fairways to get your 3's. there are also several technical birdie holes. hole 12 is a classic example of this, you have a very narrow gap though a couple of large tree's, you hit that gap, you should be looking at a bird. Miss it and you may be scrambling to get the 3.

Would I play here again? yes, I really like this course, I enjoyed the original 9, now it has only gotten better. Well worth the drive from San Antonio. (and Bandera is a cool little town, Cowboy capital of the world)