Oregon House, CA
Oregon House DGC Share

A Series Of Fortunate Events

2-4    7/4/2019   7/11/2019
Review By: Robsolow
Pros: Lots of benches, garbage cans and shade. Multiple pins on most holes. Water/OB/trees and altitude changes are present on every hole, sometimes in concert with each other. I enjoyed my second round a lot more once I got to play with the owner, as the guide they print out was semi difficult to follow. I enjoyed the huge majority of the holes a lot, even without a guide, and once Dave showed me the ropes I wanted to play two more rounds.There's also a water source and a portable potty. $5 didn't seem too bad for all day.
Cons: Confusing guide. Out of bounds = Poison oak, which is not a huge problem. When there's water, folks will sink some discs, as the four ponds are smack dab in the middle of the course. The road in was a bit much for my city car, and the directions weren't sufficient for my city Google. I felt awkward during my first round playing near the house, though one of the toughest holes was right there.
Other Thoughts: This course is pretty technical and OB/water/tree full for the first five holes, then increasingly longer and yet still technical on the others. It's not a bomber course, but it does ask one to throw hard up steep hills and with touch down tight fairways. I got the sense the course was made for the love of disc golf and the love of their property. I'll definitely play it again.