Beautiful parkland course - Course designer reviewing
8 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Beautifully maintained with manicured fairways.
- Gorgeous mix of mature trees in stands around the course, huge variety making it very attractive. It's the grounds of an old stately home and maintains that character.
- Good Baskets
- Good tees - turf in the middle with gravel round the outside
- Great signage.
- Tough to birdie par 3's. Holes 2,3,4 and 6 all require shaped shots to attack the greens for 2. It feels good when you get them.
- dedicated golfing space
- Pay to play. I like pay to play
- Disc hire on site.
Cons: - Only 9 holes - the temporary layout up the hill is where the real magic happens - one day soon...
- Dog walkers appear from nowhere - they shouldn't be there but walk it anyway so just be aware.
- Pay to play. Lots of people don't like pay to play!
- Lacks a signature hole.
- A bit too easy to pick up pars each time.
Other Thoughts: Really fun course to play.
It's pay to play when the kiosk is open, the kiosk isn't often open.
Great course to practice your roller game on.
The course requires power and control to score well.
Well worth a trip when you're in the area and with other superb facilities in the park (it's been nominated for the best park in Britain award) it could make for a full day trip.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.