Corning, NY

Share URL:

Good Course for Weekdays

1    8/16/2017   8/17/2017
Review By: RobP
Pros: Course layout with good signage on the tee of every hole.
Flat layout with good placement of baskets to make it a challenge to get close or go for the birdie.
Well maintained concrete tee boxes (for the white tees)
Variety of shots required, most have to keep low to avoid low hanging limbs of trees.
As a novice (I've been playing for 1 1/2 years), this course makes me try a variety of shots as a LHBH player.
Cons: I played this course on a Wednesday late morning and it was fine to play but with all the kids activities and sports fields that the course winds through, it would be unplayable and not safe to play on say a Saturday morning.
There is a lot of walking that needs to be done between holes but nice job of fitting 18 holes in this park.

Other Thoughts: There is a map at hole 1 tee and I took a picture of it so I could find my way around. I had to check it once during my first round and if I played there again (I'm vacationing in the area and this is the only decent 18 hole course I could find) I could find my way around without the map.

A Fall Classic

2-4    11/11/2009   12/25/2009
Review By: Gator
Pros: If you really enjoy a challange I think this is a great course. Its a great course to utilize a roller and there aren't many where rollers are so rewarded. There's a ton of o.b. that add to the challenge here.
Cons: The crossing fairways are really the only negative I see when I play.
Other Thoughts: I play this course in november for the haunted waters tourney so I can't speak to any issues the rest of the year.