Chattanooga, TN
The Sinks Share
Uploaded By: JohnnyWang Hole #15 (Taken 10/2011)
Hole #15 Baskets

Beautiful Fall Course

1    11/15/2011   11/18/2011
Review By: insaneforchains
Pros: Beautiful course to play in the Fall, the colors of the leaves were amazing. Two tees for each hole and multiple pin placements. A very technical course that challenges every shot you have.
Cons: Didn't like the amount of back tracking on the holes to get to the next tee. Didn't see many trash cans and it could probably use them. There wasn't much trash on the ground but if there were more trash cans there probably wouldn't be any.
Other Thoughts: Unfortunately we were played this course while on a road trip and we got rained out after 9 holes. I would have liked to play all 18 but the 9 we played were good!

Not my cup O tea

5+    11/6/2011   11/13/2011
Review By: Chigger Hamby
Pros: Multiple pin placements
Multiple tees
Double chains
Practice putting basket
Practice driving range
The spot to go in Chatt. for disc golf
Cons: Always a crowd there
Fairways need a little more clearing for me to enjoy this course(leaving all the little 2-3 inch trees is very bothersome)
Muddy after a rain

Other Thoughts: This is one course I usually skip to play. I just do not like SUPER tight wooded holes. I'll go to Sheperd down the road before I go to the sinks. Still a great course, if you're into that sort of thing.

Cut some of the smaller vines and trees out and open the fairways up some.

Wooded For Sure

2-4    10/7/2011   10/7/2011
Review By: wabrown23
Pros: The goods about the sinks far out way the bad, it is a great course. Most holes are relativity tough with the exception of 2 or three short ace race holes. Large Parking lot, putting practice area and a driving range! wow. Trash cans and benches at each tee! A guy there while we were playing mowing and maintaining the course! This course is well taken care of and a great place for any skill level with multiple tee pads and various pen locations on each hole.
Cons: Mosquitoes... they were awful. There was no way of telling which pen position the hole was in from the tee on many of the holes with out walking most of the fairway until you could see the pen. Holes 4,5,6 were dog legs that you had to back track back down the fairway to get to the next hole, I could see this causing major back up on a busier day than a Thursday morning. The driving range is only 350ft... warmed my putters and rocs up but then again most of the holes you are not going to bust out a hyper speed disc anyway, unless you enjoy bashing trees.
Other Thoughts: Overall the course was sweet, played multiple rounds and I am sure I will go back. Most of the locals we encountered seem nice and friendly.

Wooded Wonderland

2-4    9/10/2011   10/3/2011
Review By: Coryan
Pros: Wooded course requiring a variety of shots. Extra teepads and baskets (3 on a couple holes!) all for players of all levels to find something challenging. Great volunteer support to maintain and continually improve this course. Lots of benches on each hole. Good signage. Putting basket and 350+ driving range with pads. Great turnout for Sunday doubles (morning & afternoon).
Cons: Everything is in the woods. Porta-potty is only restroom near course.
Other Thoughts: Fun course and a must-play if you are in the Chattanooga area.

Great Course

5+    8/31/2011   9/2/2011
Review By: rltballer
Pros: Very well maintained. Many different types of shots, all are wooded. Pretty technical. 2 concrete tee boxes for each hole. Most holes offer multiple pin placements. Course is good about letting you know which pin placement is currently in use. There are several, 5-6 trash cans on the course, PLEASE USE, and feel free to criticize those that dont use and feel the need to litter.
Cons: Mosquitos during skeeter season ( be smart, bring spray) Course can get a bit crowded at times. Other than that, no real cons. This is a great course for all skill sets.
Other Thoughts: Great course. We like to keep it clean, so if you are visiting, please pitch in. Please no cig butts on the gound as it is very dry sometimes and can cause fires.

best course in chattanooga

5+    5/22/2011   7/22/2011
Review By: chrishank
Pros: This is the only 18 hole course in the chattanooga area. The best part is 2 teepads and 2 pin locations for every hole. So basically you can play 18, 36, 54, or 72 holes. All you have to do is switch it up after each round. This course also is more evenily matched with needing a backhand or a flick shot. A lot of holes have option for either on it due to the trees. I love this course for its challenges and its diversity.
Cons: My only complaint is the croud. Not that I have problem with people but more so the waiting at each hole just to play a qauick game. Its almost impossible to do. That being said it is the only 18 hole course in chat so what else do you expect.
Other Thoughts: I would highly recommend this course to anyone who likes a little challenge. Not every hole is challenging but 75 percent are. Also this course is played a lot as I stated earlier so anytime I go I take a trash bag and help pick up some of the garabage that people have left behind. Its not a trashed course but does have litter due to people not caring.

Fun wooded challenge

1    4/23/2011   4/29/2011
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course plays through dense woods on a mostly flat piece of land. Several sinkholes come into play, including a deep one that has ladders going down so you can retrieve your disc, and a couple that seemed like they were small permanent water hazards. They made for a different type of obstacle than you usually see, which is fun.

There are dual tees on every hole, and every hole has 2-3 pin positions. This makes for a great deal of variety, especially since several of the long tees offer a slightly different line or an extra pinch point to navigate. The pin positions often change things up quite a bit, if they're rotated reasonably often it would offer a nice change of pace. The set up I played had a great mix of left and right turning holes, and a decent mix of short and long holes with some ace runs and some that required longer controlled shots through the woods.
Cons: The course obviously sees a ton of traffic. It's pretty beat down, which leads to erosion and mud on a rainy day. The sinkholes that have water in them are very murky, and seem like they would swallow discs, it's always nice to be able to retrieve them from water hazards. I loved seeing the tee signs show which pin position was in use, but the washer and screw were missing on several holes.
Other Thoughts: I had a great time playing here, and would definitely recommend it if you're passing through. It offers great options, with dual tees and even a few holes with permanent dual pins, so different levels of players can find an appropriate challenge. True beginners might find it a little tight and punishing of errant shots. More experienced players will find some great accuracy challenges, though there aren't any holes that require all that long of shots to score well.

Fun and Challenging

5+    4/4/2007   11/4/2010
Review By: KevinDMoses
Pros: Well-maintained, great amenities, challenging course (which makes it fun when you hit a good shot!
Cons: Tons of trees and hazards, but it's not too discouraging. Can be crowded
Other Thoughts: You need to play it! It's one-of-a-kind!

Excellent course!

1    10/16/2010   10/16/2010
Review By: johnnyfoodstamp
Pros: Big parking lot with excellent signage and putting area. Lost disc drop box should be standard at all courses. Very pretty course (cool scenic walk to 13) Nice locals. I liked the baskets. They had thinner chains and really crashed when I hit them.
Cons: Could be more trash cans. Lot of sharp dogleg holes (left or right) I felt like I was shooting around corners a lot.
Other Thoughts: I felt like there was a bit of overlap. When we would walk from the the hole to the next tee, we had to walk through the fairway. I feel like people getting hit by discs is probably a common problem out here. The driving range was basically hole 19. Road on the left and fairway to the right. Thought it would be more open.... Very enjoyable course and I hope to be back soon.

Technical but Fun

1    7/7/2010   7/8/2010
Review By: pastorfrf
Pros: Very well laid out.
Love the driving range.
The People are very nice!
Challenging...multiple pin placements and Tees.
Cons: Very tight quarters.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed this course. Coming from Florida, i am used to more open holes. Sure, we have our tight shots around trees and water but this was a bit different. I did not see an open hole. This made it challenging. I highly recommend this course!