1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Located in a great neighborhood park. There are a few other uses at the park including a playground and one baseball field but the disc golf course is the principle use. They have made full use of all the land available in the park and the layout is superb.
- Speaking of the layout, the course has a great variation of holes. 2-4 are tight wooded holes, with hole 4 incorporating a triple Mando window off the tee. Other portions of the course make great use of the creek that runs through the course. I also found the placement of the baskets to be nearly perfect.
- The tee signs are excellent, which is always helpful unless you are a local and know the course well.
- There are benches on almost every tee box, which is nice.
- Solid challenge, so a good course to keep coming back to improve overall score or make adjustments on each hole.
- Everything seemed to be well maintained including the open holes that require periodic mowing.
Cons: - Very few. I am a player who gets really peeved when I see litter on a course. Only saw a few pieces of trash but the course had trash cans every third hole so I still found myself slightly disappointed. Not nearly as bad as Sunset Park, which seemed to have trash all over, but still some room for improvement and I would hate to see it get worse.
Other Thoughts: -Rocky Mount seems to have a half way decent disc golf scene and this seemed to be the most legit of the three I stopped and played.
- Definitely try to take an extra 90 minutes to play Englewood Park which was only two minutes down the road. Another cool course in a neighborhood park.
- Would definitely stop by again if I am anywhere near the area and would recommend others to do the same.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 6 Not
Pros: Very difficult course. Makes you bring out all the shots. Good mix of wooded and open holes.
Cons: Nothing too bad. Maybe clear hole 3 and 4 out a little more.
Other Thoughts: One of the tougher courses in Rocky Mount. Very fun to play!
0 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.