Walkersville, MD
Heritage Farm Park Share
Uploaded By: KAK3990 Hole #5 (Taken 11/2012)
Hole #5 Red Tee

Look both ways before you throw!

1    6/27/2020   6/27/2020
Review By: FunkyDung
Pros: This is just the type of course I was looking for. I'm very new to DG, been playing for about 3 months, and I'm so tired of searching for my disc in the poison ivy. No problem with that here, this course is wide open. There are a couple holes near some woods, but you're never actually in the woods. I'll definitely be working on my game here.
Cons: The red and blue tee pads aren't identified as which is which. Why not some red and blue spray paint on the wood post? Most of the time, it's obvious. But not always. I could see how this course would be dreadful on an afternoon summer day. I went at 630am and it was great. You also throw over or near a walking path very often, so look out for pedestrians and bikers.
Other Thoughts: Hole 20 is confusing. I asked another player, he said the 20 basket is the practice basket. The blue tee pad is #9's, and red is #8's. I think the blue pad on 12 is missing, looks like they're doing some construction where it should be.

Fun Course

1    10/24/2012   10/24/2012
Review By: Steever
Pros: Effective use of space and terrain
Nice tees - good flow to holes
Beautiful signature hole
Cons: Back nine needs time to grow in
Other Thoughts: Just played this course for the first time on a beautiful fall day and was very impressed. The course designers did a good job of using what they had in the way of vegetation and terrain to make a fun course. The signature hole with the old barn as the backdrop is one of the most scenic disc golf holes I have seen. Once the back nine grows in a bit this will be a fine course.

Prettiest course in NOVA area!

1    3/12/2011   3/15/2011
Review By: Get-N-Busy
Pros: Beautiful mountain valley view. Nice new black top tees. Had printed maps with hole info near hole#1. Great course to really practice your drive without any trees in the way like most northern virginia area courses.
Cons: I agree with other comments about challenging the layout. Course hard to follow. The numbers are at the bottom of the tee box to help with drive direction.
Other Thoughts: Perm. Maps at the tee would make this course top notch.