Bishop, GA
Herman C. Michael Park Share
Uploaded By: whalaw Hole #2 (Taken 4/2010)

1 2 3 Next >

1    3/7/2009   3/10/2009
Review By: Sea Bass
Pros: -Well marked.You will have no problem finding your way around here.

-Great course for families and new players.The day I played there were 2 dad with kids groups, a group of ladies, and a whole bunch of rec players.

-Trees help to make up for shortness of course.Most of the fairways out here would be pretty much invalid on a standard length course,But with this course being so short, It does not seem so bad.Without the extremely narrow fairways, it would be so easy that it would be no fun to play.

-Speed play.Do you need to squeeze in a round as fast as possible? Well, this is the place. 45 min or so for 18 here does not seem unreasonable.

-Little to no undergrowth in woods.If you get off the fairway its no problem to recover.I played bad and hit a bunch of trees and still shot in the 40's.

-Fun to play.I expected to hate this course, but I was pleasantly suprised.Yeah its uber short and easy, but I had a good time.For me, thats the most important factor.
Cons: -Teepads. Many are slanted and have roots and rocks in the way.The pad on #3 was right where a drainage ditch ends and was unbelievably muddy.

-Short pads are a joke.Even the ladies and kids I saw out there were playing the long pads.

-Not much shot selection.I'm RHBH and it seemed to me almost every shot was straight with a touch of hyzer.

-After school care.I was told that during the week the first 3 holes can be unplayable due to kids.I did not see this myself though.

-Way too short.Not much to keep a experienced player interested here.

-The last few holes play over or very close to parking areas a b-ball court and a beach volleyball pit.
Other Thoughts: Like I said earlier, I thought I would hate this course but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.I dont suggest traveling here to play it but if you live in the athens area this could be a fun course to play once in a while.

1    1/11/2009   1/11/2009
Review By: krazybronco
Pros: the mutiple tees helps with the challange does make accuracy/luck a premium.
short so can get a quick round in
Cons: you have to be lucky becuase some of the fairways are very narrow.
short for advance players the longest hole i think was 312 ft long
Other Thoughts: i think it could have been opened up just a little more but not alot

but still a fun course for the family and speed

A nice course in general

5+    12/20/2008   12/20/2008
Review By: GaDawg
This review was updated on 12/30/2008
Pros: Very good signs, free, if you like throwing the thumber/Tomahawk then it's much easier, and #1/2 are good warm-up holes, trees provide a nice chance for more difficulty, fairly easy if you throw it in the right spots
Cons: This being the course where i learned disc golf it was a rude awakening when I played harder courses
Holes designed for right handers (im left handed) thus forcing me to change to sidearm.
Other Thoughts: Nice beginner course
Confidence builder

Extremely Short

1    10/19/2008   10/19/2008
Review By: darktoaster
Pros: I appreciated that all of the holes had nice tee signs showing the distance of the hole as well as a suggested flight path from the tee.

The little signs after each hole pointing to the next tee were very helpful for finding my way around the course the first time.

I suppose that the extremely short red tees could be good for young children to play from.
Cons: My major gripe with this course is that it is one very short hole(many under 200ft) after another. It isn't just the woods holes that are short even a few of the open ones are extremely short from the long( used very loosely) tees. Hole number 17 is the shortest wide open hole I have ever played as it is only 154ft( it even felt shorter than that). At least they decided to call it a par 2.

My other complaint is that I was able to throw basically the same shot( tomahawk) on about 75% of the holes.I didn't really feel as if a variety of shots were needed in order to score well on this course.

My last complaint was that several of the course's holes crossed walking paths,roads,and even the parking lot which although it didn't hinder my round could have slowed down play if the park was busier at the time.
Other Thoughts: The teepads were all dirt/grass/mud. I also couldn't find a restroom while I was there but assume that there was one in the main park building that was closed during my visit.

Short and Fun

5+    9/16/2008   9/16/2008
Review By: hooboy
This review was updated on 11/21/2013
Pros: Short and tight, premium on accuracy. Still need to turn the disc both ways here. Two sets of tees, red tees VERY short, good for kids / beginners. Course is well marked. Nice variety of wooded vs. open holes. "Ego builder" for an intermediate, because its short, you can score here. Can play "speed golf" fairly easily here. Most of this course is "self contained", away from rest of park. They have added some distance on holes wherever possible. Very close to Rt. 53, easy in and out. This course is fairly remote, so its never been crowded when I played.
Cons: Its short, most holes around 200 ft. Advanced players won't be challenged, only a couple holes at 275-300 ft. Some holes VERY tight, seemingly no discernible flight path - throw it and hope. Lake to left of #5, RHBH throw, watch out! I retrieved my disk from the muck with a long stick. Grass / sand tees, some uneven. Holes 15-18 seem a sort of "afterthought", winding through paths, fields, etc.
Other Thoughts: This course is a fun, quick diversion. Good for intermediate / beginners, advanced players will be bored. Take your kids, and let them play the red tees. Weave it through the trees, and make some birdies! I have been back to this course several times on my way east from Atlanta. They continue to improve this course, most notably by moving tee markers back, and trying to add more distance where possible. You can easily pull off Rt. 53 and be back in your car in an hour here.

Good short practice course

11/23/2007   12/25/2007
Review By: mactavius
Pros: Short, well-marked course. #2 is my favorite short practice hole ever (250 ft downhill hole obstructed by a tree).
Cons: Holes #16-#18 were added on as an afterthought; the park ran out of viable room. Though the wood holes are fun, they were not designed with disc flight characteristics in mind.
Other Thoughts: Fun and unpredictable. There's treachery in them woods sometimes.

1 2 3 Next >