Augusta, GA
The Players Course @ Lake Olmstead Share

Lake Olmsted Awesomeness

1    4/14/2017   4/16/2017
Review By: lohrtom
Pros: Stunning scenery along a nice lake. I agree it is not in the best part of town but still not too seedy. I had no problems. The holes are challenging but still open enough to score a par if you have some talent.
There are to restroom opportunities. A porta potty near basket 2 tee off and in on old building after a few more tee offs. Use the porta potty. And bring your own toilet paper. It is also near the Augusta GreenJackets minor league baseball stadium so it's a great place to toss a game before a baseball game. NOTE: 2017 is the GreenJackets last season in that ballpark although a college team will continue to play in it. Lots of parking and some shaded spots to park in.
Cons: If your discs, like mine, are lake magnets, it will be best to skip a few baskets or you will lose them in the lake. If you are super skilled, toss away. The bathroom building looks like something out of a Stephen King movies. The last two baskets can cause some rollers.
Other Thoughts: According to the signage, this course was home to the 2006 Disc Golf World Championship, so don't pass up the chance to play here. It is one of the nicest and well marked coursed I have ever played.

A for Awesome!

2-4    5/16/2007   4/18/2009
This review was updated on 4/26/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A
Other Thoughts: I ranked this course subjectively based on my own personal enjoyment factor...more accurately my "personal addiction factor". Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they chose courses to play and explore.

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I say adds anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

5+    10/7/2008   10/22/2008
Review By: Redneck Machismo
Pros: Excellent layout overall. One of the best courses in Georgia if not the best. The course will test every aspect of your game. For an advanced level player just breaking par is an accomplishment. Length, accuracy and course management are all highly rewarded.
Cons: Other park users are often become an issue.
Other Thoughts: Many course designers could learn a great lesson from playing this course about the proper utilization of available land.