Fort Worth, TX
Z-Boaz Park Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #4 (Taken 8/2009)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Z best in Ft Worth!

1    3/19/2018   3/19/2018
Review By: Chained Evil
Pros: This course has a solid mix of everything from wooded holes, to open holes, a creek comes into play on holes 14, 17, and 18. Sweet elevation is present on this course and that gets started on hole 2. Loved the 40+ ft incline with the basket sitting out in the open up on top of the gypsum rocks. Threat of roll away putts on some holes if you aren't careful add to the pucker factor here as well.
There are multiple pin placements on most holes and some holes have more than one tee. I like the fact that at each tee the look is a bit different to give all skill levels a solid test. There are also a few bomber holes, hole 4 comes to mind, allowing you to air out a drive.
Tee pads were nice and ample and the signage was useful.
There are some low ceiling shots here and many of the holes have awesome lines that need to be shaped in order to give yourself a look.
Holes 11, 14, 16, and 18 come to mind here.
Hole 9 was a sweet elevated tee shot that you basically throw a spike hyzer(RHBH) over the tree row. Loved this shot. As other reviewers have said it might be wise to use a spotter here.
The locals that I encountered were super friendly and let me play through and guide me in the correct directions up asking.
This course gets a ton of play and I can see why. Its so much fun and has a great variety to keep you wanting to come back.
The flow of the course is logical and navigation shouldn't be an issue.
There are stone pavers on hole 14 and 18 to assist you in crossing of the creek.
Cons: This course does tend to get crowded so if you like to play quick rounds then you will need to allow for some extra time.
Not a huge con but for those golfers that like to use a cart some holes are a bit steep and the walkways are narrow. I wouldn't say that it is impossible to navigate with a cart but it is a bit of extra work. It can be done just be advised.
Some of the hard pack in the fairways and around tee boxes could be an issue if there has been a lot of rain.
A couple of holes the transition from basket to tee is a tad long, but this is a minor con.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed what this course had to offer. It provided me with a good challenge and I didn't feel as though it was the same thing over and over again. Hole 1 was a wooded hole which went into hole 2 which was an uphill hole which led to holes 3 and 4 which were more open park style holes, etc. There really is something for everyone here.
I especially like the elevated basket on 2 and the elevated tee on 9. Also holes 14 and 18 were very nice tests of accuracy and had a nice sprinkle of water threat in there as well to keep things interesting.
I would play this course again in a heartbeat and IMO is a must play if you are in the DFW area. Its definitely ones of my favorites. If you like a course that overs a solid variety and makes you use a variety of shots then you will love this course.

From the Feint of Heart

2-4    3/10/2018   3/12/2018
Review By: Can't get right
Pros: Good technical course. This one will have you using all your shots. Load up on flippy discs.

I really like the use of the wooded areas. They really force you to dial in your accuracy. Most holes have heavy foliage.

The elevation changes are pretty significant for a DFW course, and the deep set creek makes you think before you tee off.

The park is well kept. There is trash here and there, but for the most part, you guys are doing a great job keeping the place up.

I really like that the front nine and the back nine both start and finish at the parking lot.
Cons: Some hole really REQUIRE spotters. Hole 9 specifically seems terrible if you can't clear the tree tops off the tee. Bring a friend that doesn't mind being down range.

People that have not played -Boaz before need a guide. I've played a couple of times and still struggle to find some of the tees.

Parking is a bit crowded on nice days.
Other Thoughts: I like this course. It was very imposing the first couple of times I played it, but I don't have a big arm so this is a good course that caters to my technical style of play. Disc selection is key.

As a slightly below average player, this is not one I'd recommend to amateurs. This will be a disc eater if you can't dial it in. But if you got something more than just a big arm, this is one of the better technical courses I've played.

Keep up the good work guys. You've designed yourself a really nice course.

Great Course

1    7/29/2017   7/30/2017
Review By: 34blast
Pros: 1). Variety of long, short, right, left, downhill, uphill
2). Nice course with lots of challenge and hazzard
3). Easy Parking
4). Nice People
5). Putting warm up hole next to parking lot
Cons: 1). Got lost for a bit between hole 6 and 7, so not well marked
Other Thoughts: I believe this to be one of the best courses in DFW. There are several places you don't know where the baskets are without an app like U-DIsc or walking down to have a look. I saw little or no trash, no shady people, and it wasn't crowded. I guess I was lucky.

The Mighty Z

5+    6/16/2016   10/11/2016
Review By: JeremyKShort
This review was updated on 10/25/2016
Pros: What a beast this course is. It's mean it's brutal. I'm like a girl in a bad relationship, Z beats me every time I'm there, but I keep coming back.
Technical holes in the trees that rival other DFW courses like Coyote. Long open holes. Crazy uphill, crazy downhill. Ace run holes. They are all here. So much here at this park.
This is a park that has nothing else going on except disc golf, so you tend to not have random roaming people. It's made in two nine hole loops, so it's easy to leave at nine or start at ten. There's a practice basket with a huge area around it.
Cons: Crazy busy! Like I said, no non-disc golfers, but a ton of disc golfers. Go really early in the morning or get bogged down.
The baskets look like they've been through nuclear warfare, but they seem to still catch.
The train tracks are right by the park, not far off the fairways on a few holes. It's mainly just loud and annoying.
The fancy wooded Z basket thing is gone. This makes me sad.
Other Thoughts: If you're in the D F Dub, go to the Z!

Fun!

2-4    10/1/2016   10/4/2016
Review By: 02sportytex
Pros: - Challenging holes while still playable for newbies.
- It's got everything from wide open no obstacles, to climbing shots, top of cliff-down shots, and over the creek and through the woods to grandmother's house we go-shots.
Cons: -Some holes are hard to navigate, specially hole 2 and 9 but most of them are easy to see the basket.
-Parking SUCKS! This is a very popular course and the parking lot is far too small for it's popularity.
- No where to warm up with long shots before beginning the round unless you drive to the nearby baseball field and then go start the round.
Other Thoughts: I enjoy this course each time I play. Last time, I lost my favorite driver on hole 2 thanks to a wicked left hook shot. Spent a good half hour going through the trees between hole 1 and 2 and had no luck. If you find a blue Discraft XS driver with the name Curtis on the back, please let me know.

BEST COURSE IN DFW

5+    8/22/2016   8/23/2016
Review By: ChainSocietyDiscs
Pros: This course is in amazing shape! It offers every shot you can imagine throwing. Huge hyzers, huge anhyzers, huge forehands, long straight tunnel shots, blind shots, elevated shots, and everything inbetween! One of the coolest dynamics of this course is its history. The course was dedicated to always be a public park in Fort Worth after a local business owner purchased the property and dedicated is as such to the city. The locals are awesome and always willing to help you find the tee pads but once you get to hole one it flows in the most natural way a disc golf course can. The tee pads are all very large and in great shape! This is by far the best course in DFW.
Cons: I cant think of one negative aspect about this course.
Other Thoughts: If you are ever in Fort Worth contact the local club The Texas Chain Society for information on minis and a league that is run weekly! We hope to see you on the tee pad!

Must play course in Fort Worth.

1    7/7/2015   7/7/2015
Review By: TheHipstick
Pros: Plenty of parking, multiple tee pads, multiple pin locations, signage was good. This course has everything, open shots, tight tunnel shots, elevation changes up and down, trees, trees, and more trees. The trees provide good and bad tree love. The course makes you bring every shot you have in your bag! Alot of high risk, high reward on this course. A must play!
Cons: Not very many cons. The course had some trash out and around even though the trash cans weren't full. The course and holes were in good shape except some of the walk ways could be trimmed up.
Other Thoughts: The course is well known and heavily played, I played on a Tuesday and saw about a dozen people out there playing, but the course is so well laid out that I never ran into another group of players. I definite must play if your in the area.

Challenging and Enjoyable

5+    5/19/2015   5/20/2015
Review By: Johnyfo8
Pros: This course is one of the oldest in the Fort worth area yet it is still evolving. There is some shaping of the holes that has happened in the last 6 months or so that makes the course better. There is almost every type of shot in this course except an island shot. My favorite holes are 10 and 15. The creeks and trees make this course a tough but enjoyable place to play.
Cons: The course is very popular and can have too much traffic at times. Having the trash emptied more regularly would really help keep the course clean and there is a bunch of graffiti. The rough off of the fairway is really thick in many spots and loosing a disc is pretty easy.
Other Thoughts: I like all of the recent work on the course and some more thinning of the off fairway areas would make it less frustrating if you have a bad shot without making it too easy.

Amazing Course

1    4/9/2015   4/9/2015
Review By: Scouser17
Pros: You use all of the discs in your bag on the course.
Elevation Changes which is nice compared to most courses I play.
Lots of technical holes and 2-3 wide open.
Beautiful landscape.
Multiple Tees
Beautiful scenary.
Cons: Nothing major.
Other Thoughts: Took 2.5 hour drive to come play. Was worth every penny spent on gas and time.

Come Early

1    6/29/2013   6/29/2013
Review By: Notorious21
Pros: This is one of the best and most interesting courses in DFW. It has a wide variety of distances, elevation, and tree coverage. Most teepads are in the shade, which is always appreciated in Texas. The teepads were concrete and the signage was adequate. Hole 9 was definitely my favorite, throwing blindly from the top of a hill over the treeline and into the field below. Similar to #5 at Veterans, but longer and easier to locate your disc. There are a few wide open holes early and some tighter holes later, but there was a lot of variety along the way and every hole felt challenging while still very parable. I didn't get many 2's, but there weren't any holes where I felt like 3 was just not realistic.
Cons: As everyone else has mentioned, it's very crowded. We played at 8:30am on a Saturday, so it wasn't as big of an issue, but the parking lot was already almost full, and by the time we finished, there were a lot of people loitering in the parking lot acting shady. The graffiti and litter was disappointing, but it's kind of expected on a course this busy. I'll never understand why canibus proponents think they are helping their cause by defacing public property to spread their message. We get it, you like to smoke, but writing about it on a park bench only gives smokers a bad name by associating it with another crime.
Other Thoughts: Wish I could play here more, but it's a full hour away, so not likely, but I did enjoy my round and really appreciated the challenge and balance of the course. The creek was nearly bone dry, so it wasn't a true water hazard.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6