Grand Forks, ND

Loopin' at Lincoln

1    9/2/2017   11/6/2017
Review By: Upshawt1979
This review was updated on 11/19/2017
Pros: The Loop course at Lincoln Drive Park in Grand Forks is pretty sweet. Similar Feel to The Regular circuit, but with just a little extra. Three more holes, and three par 4's (at least according to the DGCR scorecard). A little more contour, with added minor elevation changes. A couple of holes that come close to the river.

The equipment is pretty sweet too. It was my first time playing a course featuring Frolfware targets. Not that it is a big departure from other standard disc golf baskets, but they were pretty cool. The tees were adequate, and each was marked with a numbered sign. Layout wasn't too tough to follow. It is basically, as the name suggests, a loop around the park.
Cons: It is still fairly wide open, maybe even more so than the other course on site. Also lacking any great, standout holes.

Natural tees were dry and level, I don't remember any of them being a problem, but mud was mentioned in other reviews.

No benches, and the signage could be better. A map of both courses would be a nice touch also.
Other Thoughts: As is the case on many days if I had to guess, wind is maybe the biggest obstacle here. My approaches were not as tight as I would like, and this resulted in several missed putts.

I scored a 72 (+6) with four bogeys, two double bogeys, and two birdies. The birdies came late, one at hole 17, and one on the final, 21st hole. I really enjoyed the last hole, and nailing a high arcing hyzer putt from about 40' out for the deuce. It is a longish hole, that has lots of open space, teeing low then rising a bit over kind of a grassy plateau, then dropping down to the pin. My drive was a good one, but still well outside of 30', so I gave a good fist pump and a shout when the floater of a putt hit chains and dropped.

A Loop to Remember

1    7/5/2013   7/5/2013
Review By: joelwpg
Pros: This was a very fun round for me. I was lucky enough to find a couple locals to show me the way. The course is fairly long, as in long holes, and a long time to play relative to other courses. It definitely had some challenging elements. I particularly liked the basket on a pole on a hill. Can't wait to play this again now that i know where to go.
Cons: some of the tees and baskets were in rough shape. there was no map online or onsite, this would have helped tremendously. it would have been difficult to find my way through this course on my own.

1    10/9/2008   10/13/2008
Review By: caiman
Pros: The course features enough trees to make it interesting, but not too many to make it unfair. The course's level of difficulty should appeal to all skill levels. Most everything is well marked, and there are signs at all tees (except #17). Each tee is next to the previous target, so it's very easy to find your way around. The course does not interfere with other areas of the park (but you might have to watch out for joggers and people walking their dogs).
Cons: The tee pads are dirt, and sometimes muddy. On some holes, multiple targets are in view, and it's difficult to tell at first which one to throw to. The maps help, but you still might throw to the wrong target if you're not careful.
Other Thoughts: I had a lot of fun playing this course, so I recommend it to anyone in the Grand Forks area.

Not being from the area, I don't know this for sure, I think the photos posted for this course are actually for the "outer" course (the one with DISCatcher targets). Maybe someone from the area can elaborate on that...