San Angelo, TX
Middle Concho DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #17 (Taken 7/2009)

nice but a little repetitive

1    4/26/2017   4/28/2017
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: 2 sets of tees, red and blue
baskets were in decent shape, but I noticed a mixture of types of baskets.
I had a map, but the course is easy to follow without one.
best finishing hole I have played in a while with a HUGE risk reward. it would be cool to watch the pros throw the final hole of the tournament from the red tee on this hole
Cons: dirt and dusty tee pads
no elevation and no rough, only the road and lake for OB's
Other Thoughts: 5th round of the day after playing the other 4 courses in town.

I chose to only throw the reds

Hole 1 tees off across the edge of the lake with the road on the right. Too long for me to reach, but not long enough to be a challenging 4, this is true for most of the holes for me from the Red tee's. Even though some of the holes were long from the reds, they were not any true par 4's.

After hole 1, you have 12 holes that all basically look the same throwing back and forth among the mesquite trees. (biggest mesquite trees I have ever seen)

not until hole 15 do you have anything different. This is a blind shot across a marshy area to the green located too close to the lake to try birdie throw. Well for me, I don't like to loose discs.

Then you have two holes with the lake on the right. 16 being a nice bird shot and 17 being a longer shot around the edge of the lake.

Then you get to the courses signature hole and the best hole on the course. Hole 18 from either Red or Blue is fun for anyone who can throw the distance it takes to throw over the lake. Don't bring a newbe out here expecting them to throw across the lake, there is no shot around the lake.

If you got the arm, you have a GREAT risk reward shot over the lake to the green. If you are like me, you throw over to the blue tee area and then throw an upshot across the lake. Yea, I am a weakling and took an easy 3 here and proud of it.

Would I play this course again? yes and no, I would probably not play a casual round here, but I would consider playing a tournament here as I do enjoy throwing rollers and this course from the reds has a lot of rolling opportunity.

5+    5/28/2013   5/28/2013
Review By: TheHipstick
Pros: Nice long holes to work on your distance as well as accuracy due to a large number of mesquite trees. Only a couple of holes have real "rough," mostly wide open.
Cons: Tee boxes need work, mostly just dirt. Not much of a variety of holes. Water comes into play on a few holes. If you do lose a disc in the water it's not really worth going in to retrieve it.
Other Thoughts: Perfect course if you want to work on distance. Kinda hard to figure out the layout of the course if you have never played before.

1    3/12/2011   3/15/2011
Review By: dchirish123
Pros: Interm. Player: I played this for the first time during the "Crush on the Concho" and had a blast. The course is not that difficult and really helped my accuracy on the technical shots.
Cons: Some of the holes played really close to one another. Watch other playes coming at you if you get to far to one side of the farway.
Other Thoughts: Would play again and will come back to next years "Crush on the Concho". Thanks.

Go for it!

1    11/12/2009   11/12/2009
Review By: mc lazer
Pros: Just large trees in play, no underbrush to contend with so you can go for the gusto alot. The water hazards aren't tough, but gives you a bit of hair raising feeling when you watch your disc fly over. I did loose two discs in the lake though. A girl I took along flung one of them 90 degrees from the box right into the lake about 40 feet away. Oh well, but she felt bad so at the next tee box I decided it would be cool to overshoot a couple holes and go for 18's basket across the lake. I figured if I make it what a triumph and if not the girl wouldn't feel as bad for loosing one of mine. Came up about 50 feet short of land though. HaHaHa Lots of fun and ready to do it again, no water losses next round.

5+    9/22/2008   2/22/2009
Review By: biggio1
This review was updated on 5/30/2009
Pros: Long with up to 3 pin placements. Grass is always cut. Water comes into play on 4 holes. Lots of mesquite trees, CAMPING! On a very nice size lake. Awesome club that maintains course.
Cons: Flat and very windy at times. Tee pads can be worn at times. CAN LOSE A DISC HERE!
Other Thoughts: Also, you can find many discs here and enjoy a refreshing swim.

Flat with some Trees and a little Water

2-4    12/29/2008   1/1/2009
Review By: WD09
Pros: Good baskets. 18 holes. The 4 or 5 holes near and over water are interesting. Park is well-maintained. The blue tees are shorter, but some of the placements are more challenging and interesting than the reds.
Cons: No elevation changes at all and no rough. Even if your drive goes 20-30 degrees off line, you almost always have a clear upshot, which could be a "pro" for beginners. The tees and directions are not well-marked, but the baskets are numbered, so several times I had to walk from the tee toward a couple of baskets to see which basket went with which tee. I played the course twice, once from each set of tees. I never found tees for holes 12 or 13 and 17 and 18 were unmarked.