0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: It's a very nice course. Well designed, concrete tee pads, wide variety of shots, and it really makes you think a lot before every throw.
Cons: For some reason, people find it necessary to kick you off the course if you're not a resident of Bridgeland. I was about to start hole 1 when someone asked if I lived in the neighborhood or not. Even after explaining that I drove a long way to get there, just wanted to play a round, and wasn't going to litter, she still threatened to call the authorities. It was very rude
Other Thoughts: Basically, go there and ask everyone you see if they are a resident, before they can ask you ;)
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 7 Not
B = Be too long for me to fully enjoy
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B- (overall pretty open without much punishment for bad decisions or execution)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B (Too many holes that were just out of my reach to be able to make birdie. This added a little boredom for me.)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C+ (Several really good holes, but the majority were ho-hum. No terrain for the designer to work with)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B- (The water adds a very nice touch)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == C (Not much strategy added - just length.)
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
6 of 13 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.