Beauty and the Beast
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Set in a very clean park with plenty of parking space.
- Maps are usually available on the display board.
- Practice basket
- Two sets of really nice, and relatively large, concrete teepads (pro and am) on all front side holes.
- Tee signs for each set of teepads on every hole.
- The front and back sides almost play like two unique courses which is great for all skill levels
- The front half is relatively open with a few small elevation changes. The terrain is mostly prairie land with an old orchard and plenty of long grass lining most of the fairways.
- The back half of the course is much longer, playing up and down a large hill through narrow wooded fairways. You will also need to use a variety of shot types and shaped lines to score well.
Cons: - No concrete teepads on the back side of the course.
- Very few garbage cans.
- Tennis courts and soccer fields can occasionally get in the way but it is rarely a problem and only effects a few holes.
Other Thoughts: - Hole #1 begins behind the back right corner of the tennis courts (looking from the street). You will see the practice basket first as you walk back, and the teepads for hole #1 are about 50 feet to the left.
- The back side of the course starts after you play short hole #11 (soccer field will be on your right), afterward, turn left through the line of trees and cross the street. Hole #12 starts by the big bushes and plays slightly left and behind the large treeline at the bottom of the hill.
- I enjoy the back half of the course much more, and it's almost worth a trip just to play the back side a few times by itself, which is a beast compared to the front.
- Hole #17 and #20 are by far my two favorite holes. #17 is a long downhill tunnel shot and #20 is an open downhill bomb with a great view from the teepad.
- I want to rate this course higher based solely on the back half of the course, which is excellent. I would definitely increase my rating if the front side was made more unique and challenging, or the back side got concrete teepads installed.
- It is definitely a great stop between Madison and Milwaukee and worth a trip if you are in the area.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Pros: The tee pads are in on about half of the front nine and will be completed soon! There are a wide variety of shots, easy, hard, technical, long, etc... Members of the local club are very knowledgeable and willing to assist players unfamilier with the course or sport.
Cons: Poor markings for pads on the back nine. This should be resolved when the concrete pads are completed.
Other Thoughts: A great course to check out if you are in the area. Once the tee pads are completed this will be a course worth driving a distance to shoot.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: The "Beauty" course is great. It is nice and open, holes are clearly visible. The "Beast" course is also a great course. It is challenging, yet tasteful. The holes are longer and many of them favor a righty like me.
Cons: As of now, the "Beast" is basically unmarked. If you go now, i suggest taking a picture of the course from the sign with your phone so that you can see the basic direction of everything.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: ~ 18 holes on a course that's nicely set up
~ Front 9 and Back 9 are two far different courses
~ Good mix of hole sizes and types
~ Gravel tees on front 9 (pro tees included on most holes)
~ Easy to find and access
~ The club and leagues are great here!
Cons: ~ Needs concrete or pads for all holes
~ Back 9 is a bit of a challenge on a hole or two to navigate if you are new to the course and solo
~ A bit of a walk between 7 and where the back 9 starts, easier to play that first then hit 8 & 9
Other Thoughts: Overall this course is very nice. Once they have more cash i'm sure more will be done but since this is club run they need people to show up for leagues to help the funds grow. More members = better things!
~ Thursdays 5:30pm & Sunday Noon
~ Random doubles, ace pool - Great for novice players since you have a chance to cash
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.