Learned on this course
Pros: This course is like home to me. Maybe that's not super helpful in a review. But I learned to golf on this course.
#1 is a fantastic length you can just let rip. Although I've seen people end up on the bball courts on the right or on the road on the left.
#2 is a sharp dog-leg to the right. I've seen some people hammer over the trees but it usually ends in hunting through the woods. RH Flick IO is my preference here.
#3 avoid the trees immediately in front of you and you're golden.
#4 you will need a spotter for this hole as it's through a thicket of evergreens.
#5 heavily wooded on the left and waist-high grass on the right, pick your poison
#6 is through some large tree trunks. i can usually manage an S-curve through to the pin but you can also kick out to the right and play on mowed grass
#7 rip a RH backhand and let it fall off to the left around a big bush
#8 i don't remember. sometimes i play from this tee to the 9th hole
#9 is a hole i never do as well on as i want. you tee off up a hill that's slanted off to the left so i usually try a RH backhand. keep it low for max distance.
Cons: the back nine sucks especially for the last 4-5 holes
Other Thoughts: Bring a hard plastic disc for the holes with lots of tree trunks (2,3,6) and a disc you can lose for holes (4&5)
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Nice afternoon of play
Pros: 1) The course had a good combination of open and technical holes.
2) Course site is very helpful with maps and diagrams of holes (go prepared)
3) Elevation changes and trees make for very interesting holes when least expected
4) Signs are posted but only on the back 9, pins on the front 9 have hole numbers (scouting required)
5) #1 front hole was a great opening hole. big 400+ foot drive downhill around 50 - 75 feet at least.
Cons: 1) Dirt tees can be very slick after a rain
2) Tees not marked on the front side
3) #4 tee box on back needs a railing removed. There is a 3 foot rail that is 15 feet in front of the tee box on a already difficult drive. Person I was plaing with went 4 for 5 hitting this rail on his drives
4) Basketball court (#1 front) and tennis court (#4 & #9 back) come into play.
Other Thoughts: This course was really fun to play. Do not get discouraged if you are having trouble finding the first holes for the front and back. First tee on the front is just at the top of the hill on the left by the basketball courts. First tee on the back is all the way across campus right off the road by a parking lot. I highly suggest doing a little pregame scoutting so that you do not get lost.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.