Nashville, TN
Cedar Hill Park Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #5 (Taken 12/2016)

5+    3/19/2008   10/29/2008
Review By: discflinger
Pros: Beautiful course design, displaying rolling fairways and neatly tucked multiple pin placements. Big elevation on a couple holes, but mostly varying doglegs and mature trees. One of my favorite courses and right off the interstate, so it's easy to find.
Cons: The locals seem a little friendly, some guy asked if he could change my oil.
Other Thoughts: Nashville has a true gem of a course here. I only wish I lived closer.

Beautifully Manicured. A+

5+    5/11/2006   9/11/2008
Review By: dangitboy
Pros: Man this course has everything! Well thought out course design using every part of the land available for the best possible holes. Some true par 4s. Some shorter tighter holes. Must place many tee shots to setup for upshot. Very nice use of elevation uphill and downhill. Nice Innova Discatcher baskets with multiple pins and long/short tees. Beautifully manicured course! Challenging but no ridiculous. I believe a 1000 rated round is 53 or 54 for 18 holes. This is a must play for anyone who loves this game!
Cons: Could be a little daunting for beginners. Some of the evergreen trees seem to swallow discs forever.

Long, Tough, Challenging & A Must Throw!

1    8/14/2008   8/21/2008
Pros: What a wonderful setting for a course. Each hole has from 3-6 basket placements. Their placements are represented by screws w/red washers on the metal tee signs. The screw in the B slot means the basket is in the B position. That's the one simple thing about this otherwise complex course. These A,B,C layouts can sometimes range from 200' to almost 700''. This makes playing this course a totally different experience each time you play. The basket placements can be in some extremely difficult positions, tucked away deep in the wooded rough. There are some long, blind holes requiring accurate drives to par. (More about par later). I was lucky and had my wife and daughter both ahead of me spotting. Playing by myself for the first time, this saved me a lot of time hunting for errant drives and finding baskets. There is some elevation change. I was able to muscle up and throw my longest on a couple of holes but I'm pretty much of a wimpy, 275' driver. There are some tight dogleg shots and I thought the course was fair to both righties and lefties. There were some scattered benches to rest on. It does take about 2 hours to play. Bring water.
Cons: I guess it's not a beginner/family friendly course. It's certainly a hike. I didn't like the blind throws and did notice a certain similiarity to many holes. A long narrow fairway, with the basket tucked 50-75' into the woods at the end.
Other Thoughts: I guess with 3-6 basket placements per hole, ranging from 200' to 700', you just kind of throw par out the window here. I don't know how you could determine a par for this course when many holes could be played anywhere from par 3's to legimate par 5's. I've heard many players say they don't care about the par. I think I do care. I'm not complaining. It just seemed kind of odd for me to play a hole and not be thinking, "Well, another par" or "Cool, a birdie" or for me on this course, "Not another bogie." Overall, it's a wonderful challenging throw.

1    7/25/2008   7/28/2008
Review By: noahat
This review was updated on 11/28/2008
Pros: Very tough course. Toughest course I've ever played that wasn't just ridiculous. The layout of the course was near flawless. Most holes were long and technical. Lots of elevation changes. Very well maintained. Multiple pins and tees. All holes have from 3 - 6 pins.
Cons: On a couple of holes the baskets ran kind of close together... that's about it for the cons.
Other Thoughts: Best course I've ever played. After every hole I played I was just amazed at how awesome the course was. Challenged every part of my game like no other course has before. The day I played the course most of the pins were set at the hardest pin location which was good. I don't know what else to say except, play this course as soon as possible!

Best in Middle TN

5+    7/12/2012   7/12/2008
Review By: bjreagh
This review was updated on 4/25/2013
Pros: Very challenging. This is probably the toughest course in the Nashville area. Although it can be tough, it is not impossible, making it fun to play. Nice fairways, good layout, and terrific scenery. Good variety from hole to hole- no 2 holes are the same. Makes good use of elevation- a couple of fun longer downhill holes, and one short, and sometimes frustrating, uphill hole!

Each hole has multiple basket locations (they seem to be moved decently often) which make many of the holes very different depending on hole location.
Cons: Can get a little confusing moving from hole to hole if it is your first time playing it. Multiple baskets visible from certain spots make it hard to tell which one is the correct one as some holes run close to others.
Other Thoughts: This is an upper level course (not suited for beginners). Many people list this as their favorite in Middle TN. It is a must play if you are an experienced player in the Nashville area!!!

One sweet track

1    6/11/1999   6/11/2008
Review By: denny ritner
This review was updated on 4/6/2010
Pros: This course is one of my favorites. Great challenge, beauty and fun. The course has many great old trees, particularly the cedars, aka "bunkers in the sky".

There's a good deal of elevation change and variety of holes. The variety of basket locations make for a unique experience on multiple visits.

The course has a great balance between offering opportunities for power players the chance to crush, but not without taking risks. The fairways are appropriately wide for the lengths of shots required.

This course is a complete challenge and will be mastered by very few players.
Cons: I do concur with another reviewer that some of the tee pads are slick.

The absolute worst thing about this course is that it's located 800+ miles from my house.
Other Thoughts: Remember: Don't be a dirty disc golfer. If you pack it in, pack it out!

Nice wooded course

5/7/2008   5/9/2008
Review By: jgentry
Pros: Very challenging course that requires a wide range of shots. You have to be able to control your distance and shot shape or you will find some very think rough. There are well defined fairways but if your not in them your in trouble. Multiple pin locations that are changed periodically. It has dog legs left and right. The fairways are fair.
Cons: A little bit of to much of the same thing for me. Pretty much every hole is in the woods with a nice fairway gaurded by thick cedar trees and heavy brush. They also don't mow very often in the summer. I wish this course had one hole were you could rip it full power. All of the hole require to much controll to try to bomb one, although I have had a few huge drives on 15, but you have to be reall accurate to risk it.
Other Thoughts: This is a really nice hard course that is a must play if you are in the Nashville area. You have to be able to shape your shots in every way possible on this course. Anything in the 50's for the average disc golfer is going to be a pretty good score.

Fun Hilly course

1    3/17/2007   3/12/2008
Review By: ZMan44
This review was updated on 1/14/2009
Pros: Clean, multiple pin locations, variety of shots, tight woods and a few open holes.
Cons: Cedar Hill is obviously one big hill. It takes a full 2 hours to play by yourself. There is a good deal of uphill hiking.
Other Thoughts: Easily the best metro Nashville course. I apologize as this was my first attempt at reiviewing on this site...and it was a long time ago. This course is a gem. I still consider it to be the best overall design in metro Nashville. The park itself is well cared for, and fairly safe. It is not in the greatest neighborhood, but I have never felt any amount of fear here. There are some amazing holes here. On the front nine there is a long downhill tunnell shot, branches to the right at the bottom of the hill. I think the hole length is around 700 feet for this hole, but that is going only by memory. Hole 18 is one of my favorite holes anywhere. You tee off from just inside the woods, out into an open field. The pin is tucked slightly in the woods and on top of a mound. The hole is nearly 500 feet. (again, if my memory is correct)

Beautiful Disc Golf

7/21/2007   3/10/2008
Review By: hiswill
Pros: lots of variety, with a lot of walking also.
Had some of my longest drives ever, due to changes in elevation.

Cons: it gets a bit confusing about where tees around hole 8-11

bathrooms are scarce.
Other Thoughts: I will be back. It is on the North side of Nashville, so Kentucky people can get there quick.

1/17/2008   1/21/2008
Review By: Officermick
Pros: Lots of variety. Several locations for the baskets... Holes change positions often. Gorgeous course! Hills, trees, water... Challenging!
Cons: The signs could be improved! And it seems that BMX/Mountain Bikers ride this park, as there are LOTS of trails, ruts, etc... Even on the grassy areas. Other than that, good stuff.
Other Thoughts: This is a gem that is always less crowded than Seven Oaks and the rest. It is also VERY close to Hendersonville to play their course as well (Sanders Ferry).