2 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice Course for Beginners
Pros: - "Red" and "Blue" approaches are present for each basket.
- The tees boxes are all flat and most are made of cement (a couple of the alternate tees are still dirt)
- Plenty of parking
- There is a playground present (with picnic tables and bathrooms) for the kids.
- This is a quick course and a good place to go if you only have an hour or so to play. Going with a group of 3 or 4people will take about 30 - 45 minutes for one round.
- The park was recently cleaned up. All the blackberries, weeds, bushes and errant trees have been removed.
- Good beginner course. Most, if not all the distances range from around 150 - 200 feet.
- Decent chance of getting a birdie or two each round you play.
Cons: - Course is a little short, only 9 holes.
- Residential houses are close by with a couple of opportunities to accidentally throw a disk into someone's fenced back yard.
- Some interesting, swirling winds go rolling through the park most of the time.
- A couple of holes exist near a busy street. The opportunity exists to throw into traffic.
- The course tends to get busy on evenings and some weekends.
Other Thoughts: Despite the small size, this is one of my favorite courses (it doesn't hurt that it is local for me). I would consider Van Zee a course well suited for beginners but there are still one or two challenging holes if you decide to play from the long tees.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: -Great use of a small area.
- Can bring the kids. They can play at the playground.
- Both easy/hard tees.
- Great course for quick games.
- Hole 5 was missing for a long time, but has been replaced, making this course so much better.
- Most of the course is wooded providing cool shade for hot days.
- The shots are tricky making up for the shorter distances to the baskets.
Cons: - A few of the baskets are close to fenced property: hole 6 is next to a yard which sometimes has a couple loud dogs roaming within. Have to try not to throw into the yard; basket 8 has a yard behind it. I often throw over the fence. Luckily the house there is currently abandoned; hole 7 and 8 are close to the road. If you pull it badly, you may toss it into the road. But 'tis fairly difficult to do.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.