Weilheim i.OB, Germany
Golfcourse at the Gögerl Share
Uploaded By: sandford

Amazing piece of land and good layout

1    7/18/2017   7/18/2017
Review By: jeffp
Pros: Views are amazing
Great mix of open and wooded holes
Good variety of elevation
Most holes are challenging but fair
Good variety of hole lengths
Cons: No teepads. Some of the tees are on gravel which is much worse than grass. The grass and dirt tees were fine because it seems like the course doesn't get much traffic at all.
Has signposts for tee signs but only a few have actual signs.
No top of the world hole. The course finishes at the top of the hill and it would be really cool if 18 could play all the way down to the parking lot.
Other Thoughts: The map and individual hole maps on the bavarian airhawks site are correct. The map in the files section on DGCR is wrong for a bunch of the holes on the back 9. Be sure to print the map and hole maps before you go.

Weilheim i. OB

2-4    7/21/2009   7/21/2009
Review By: ElementZ
This review was updated on 1/25/2012
Pros: -Breath-taking views of the Alps and the city.
-It covers a lot of terrain.
-From downhill shots to STEEP uphill shots and from open prairie to forest, this course has quite a variety of terrain.
-It's free, which is always a plus.
-There are free score cards behind the big sign of the park.
-Very, very empty. I played the course twice in a row and I didn't see anyone else.
Cons: -I got lost quite a bit...I didn't even notice that I missed holes until I played the second time through.
-I played in the summer so the grass was very tall and annoying.
-With the grass come a lot of pesky bugs that buzz around all over the place.
-With the bugs come ticks and ticks suck. Be sure to wear a lot of tick repellant and high socks and long pants! It can get very hot in the summer, but you'll need it.
-Not the most creative holes I've ever played...
-After you finish the course, you have to walk quite a while back from hole 18 to the parking lot.
-I lost my first disc here, which is very easy to do in the high grass and bushes....
Other Thoughts: I only went here because the first reviewer makes this out to be an incredible course. I was a little disappointed that I drove 2 hours to get there because I was in Germany for vacation. It's a very typical course (by American standards) and I would definitely not call it the "most beautiful" or "best course in Germany".