11/22/17: New pin placements on a few holes and a new permanent hole North of hole 7. New long tee pad for hole 5 as well." />
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: This course has everything except good tee pads. Some of the holes have short tee pads. Baskets are mach 5s. Elevation is awesome on this course and distances are challenging. I played the first 7 holes and thought could be a simple course then i got to 8 and played road ob WHOA tough hole.
Cons: Teepads, the distance i would have to travel to play this course.
Other Thoughts: Make sure to play the 9 on the other side of the park and have a great 27 hole adventure.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 7 Not
Varitey is the spice of life
Pros: Great varitey of difficulty levels throughout course. Great scenery throughout. If you want some excersize, play this course.
Cons: By no fault of it's own, it's just too far away to play very often.
Other Thoughts: If you get a chance to play here, do it!
1 of 8 people found this review helpful.
9 Helpful / 0 Not
There’s Baskets in Them Thar Hills
Pros: This is a quiet wooded park. This course has great elevation, moderate woods, some open holes, simple pin placements & greens, some OB, and really nice hole layouts. The first part of the course is short and somewhat technical and after about a third of the course is behind you, it develops into something really great. This course has some holes going from hilltop to hilltop. Hole #8 follows a road that S's twice and flows through a small valley. The signs were very helpful. Navigation isn't too bad, but a map would still be helpful. There is great parking and a bathroom here.
Cons: You can lose a disc on the first hole if your disc goes over the fence on the right. This is government property and you are not going to be able to go over there. Dirt and grass tees were somewhat worn, but they are not as bad as some I've played on. I do think cement tee pads would be helpful and not detract from the area. The tees currently have wood planks in the ground marking the front of the tees. This place isn't that dirty, but they do need some trashcans out on the course.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor here was pretty good. There were a few holes I really enjoyed. If I was in the area I would certainly play this course again. Atchison has a good set up here. They have done well.
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
7 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: This is an absolutely beautiful park that is moderately wooded throughout.
- Tee signage was fantastic. See photos for typical signage thru-out course. Some directional signage is also placed for the few hole transitions where needed. Course navigation was very easy even without a map.
- Incredible mix of elevation changes with 11 Down/6 Up/and 2 Flat.
- Course has a good variety of fairway types ranging from fairly open to scattered trees to wide corridors. Great mix throughout course and from hole to hole. See photos.
- Overall scenic beauty of course is really picturesque even without trees and flowers in bloom.
- Natural tees with treated wood lines that are engraved with hole # and length. I feel that concrete tees on this particular course would actually degrade from the park setting.
Cons: - Tees would seriously benefit from being leveled out. There were many holes where footing was difficult due to tee layout.
- Course would benefit greatly with more trash cans thru-out. There was quite a bit of plastic bottle/beer bottle trash scattered thru-out the course.
- There were a couple of holes that bordered a paved trail that were only a distraction to the course beauty.
- Course would also benefit from a second set of basket locations. It would get boring to play regularly since it is the only course in the area.
Other Thoughts: -Seasonal restrooms at main parking area.
- Has a nice playground/hiking trail and Pavilion for families.
- Wear hiking boots if you have them! This course has one of the best terrains I have played so far - it's a great work-out.
I really wish this course was a little closer to Kansas City. There is no doubt it would be heavily played on a regular basis! It is approximately an hour and a half from KC, but if you are traveling through KC and have the time, I would recommend this course over many in the KC area with few exceptions. It was a great play!!! There is also a nine hole course that overlooks the river located a short drive further up into the park. If you have the time, I would recommend playing this course first as a warm-up. Both courses can be played in 2 hours.
See detailed course review in links for more.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
7 Helpful / 2 Not
Worth the drive
Pros: Nice park. Course starts off short with enough of a technical challenge to be interesting. Once you head into the woods on 7 the course goes from typical to a course worth the hour plus drive from Kansas City. Good for the straight throwers with enough trees to keep you honest. There is a second 9 hole course further into the park on top of a beautiful ridge overlooking the Missouri river. I watch a bald eagle head up river very cool. Great signage and found my way easily around the course.
Cons: Grass tees and the course seemed a little short but at least it gave me some two-fer opportunitites. I played in the winter, but in the summer some of the OB's would be pretty wild. (poison ivy) Fixed pins would make this a little tedious if played reguarly.
Other Thoughts: My favorite hole was #8 a long 500+ hole at the end of a S drive with a nice little landing area. Narrow enough to keep yah honest.
7 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.