Vacaville, CA
Lagoon Valley Share
Uploaded By: DesignerJoe55 Hole #27 (Taken 8/2013)

$3/car parking fee" />
< Prev 1 2 3 4
Lots to like

5+    5/17/2017   5/18/2017
Review By: mdegs
Pros: Overall this is a fun course with many different types of shots: wide open fairways, tunnel shots, downhill, lefty holes. Great use of water without being too intimidating or dangerous -- shots parallel to water, shots over water, a peninsula green (the front 9's signature hole). Some fun bombers.

Most holes have multiple pin locations. You will (or could) use a lot of different discs in your bag. Not too crowded. Pedestrians are present but not usually problematic.
Cons: Teepads and signage are inconsistent. Some baskets are pretty old. Navigation is tricky in spots, though I did find Udisc's map to be reliable. Some of the walks between holes are long.
Other Thoughts: This is a solid course. The locals are steadily improving the tees and signage so this course is definitely worth a visit. I live about 40 min away and only make it here occasionally, but I wish I got here more often.

I recommend using a spotter on select holes.

The parking lot by 26's tee would be a sweet tourney central!

Good course with potential

5+    4/22/2017   4/28/2017
Review By: bneezy323
Pros: - 27 holes with a variety of shots (water holes, hallway shots, open areas, etc)
- Multiple pin locations for most the holes
- Baskets are moved about every month
- Practice basket at hole 1
- New Tee signs on the front of the course
- Bathrooms onsite (bit of walk to them though)
- Beautiful water scenery
Cons: - Tee pads are not consistent in material or size. Pretty maddening in the back part of the course with tee pads that are 2ft x 4ft stones.
- The city controls the maintenance of the course for the most part. The city only mows the course twice a year and limits the local club to weedeaters.
- Tall grass for a few months makes the course unplayable for a few months (see above).
-Goose shit everywhere near water holes (1-9)
- Multiuse park so people walk everywhere even through the course itself without a care that you're playing.
- Navigation from hole 14 to 15 is confusing and a big of walk. It's like the course is split 14 holes on one side and 13 on the other.
- Pay for parking
Other Thoughts: This course really has potential. If the course got consistent tee pads, signs, and maintenance then I can see this being a destination course. I recommend checking the local club's facebook page before visiting to check the condition of the course before going.

Not the finest but decent

1    5/28/2016   5/28/2016
Review By: kevinsady
Pros: Easy freeway access
Cons: Hot! Lots of stickers in your shoes.
Other Thoughts: Not a bad course, but it ate a few of my discs... Water was magnetic. Bring a few old discs for the front 9 if your accuracy isn't great...
I generally play the Lake Tahoe courses so the heat and weeds were a bit foreign to me.

Lagoon

2-4    1/9/2016   2/3/2016
Review By: deft
Pros: lots of pin locations and a good variety of shots. this course is long and uses the land to mix up the shots required. both big arms and finesse players will like this course. the grass was short and maintained, which has been a problem in the past.
Cons: it seems more like 3 separate nine hole courses than 27. Navigation can be tricky here, the first time i played i only found 24 holes. tee pads range from decent to terrible. the wind can make this course a challenge.
Other Thoughts: the course has a lot of potential and with a little work could be one of the best courses in the area. If this course had better signage and tee pads it could easily be a 4 star course.

Ok course, pieces missing

1    12/22/2015   1/18/2016
Review By: Mr. Butlertron
Pros:
- 18+9 holes
- Alternate pin positions
- Tee Signs with distances
- Pin indicators on some of the tee signs
- Concrete/Brick tees
- Conveniently off the highway
- Brightly colored baskets
Cons:
- Pay parking
- Mostly flat boring layout
- Eclectic mismatching tees
- Pedestrians, multi use park
- Bad navigation signage hole 12 and beyond
- Goose dump all over fairways 1-9

The course is located along a dried up lagoon that was surprisingly bustling with joggers and dog walkers at 8 am on a Tuesday morning. The first 9 holes were fairly simple, on flat ground, and easy to navigate. The back 9 plus the bonus 9 holes were on the other side of the road and worked their way up the hillside. I really liked how some of the signs indicated the current pin position. I barely ever see that done on most courses I've thrown. This was especially helpful for figuring out which basket to throw to on holes 4, 5, and 8 as they all overlap with each other. I was also glad to have a stool to place my bag on for the front 9 as each one of those fairways were completely covered in goose crap.

There were a few things that brought my course rating down. Besides the course being kind of bland the most notable were the often slick disproportionate dimensions of the concrete teepads and the horrendous navigation past hole 12. I had to tee off from behind or to the side of most of the concrete pads. Others were either very too narrow, short, or both. The signs on the back side were confusing. I couldn't tell if they were outdated or just neglected. It was the kind of nonsensical fairway jumbling that only a local would know. I saved a map on my tablet and I still had problems. I would have liked to see a couple more holes that involved the hillside instead of the ones over/around the pond. I would have liked to give it a 2.75, but that's not an option, so I gave it a 3 because it's got potential.

Remember to bring exact change or oddly enough your checkbook, there might not be an attendant working the fee hut at the entrance to the park.

Random Doubles at Lagoon Valley

1    9/6/2015   9/13/2015
Review By: thest3v3mc
Pros: I was down visiting from Portland and brought my discs with me with plans of driving up the coast and playing all the way. This was my first stop as I was staying in Davis a couple of days before I headed north. I happened upon a group of locals who were just starting a round of random doubles and joined up. It was nice to have a group to play with since I didnt know the course. We split into 2 groups of 3 twosomes and headed out. Our group started on 10 so I played the course 10-27 then 1-9

Overall there was a great mix of short technical shots, big bombs and birdie opportunities. Tee pads were good, signage was ok but at the same time I wasnt paying close attention because I was mostly relying on the group to give me an update on the hole we were playing. The guys I met were great. Welcoming and informative. Saw an ace on hole 2
Cons: It was hot and dry that day and because of the openess of some of the holes the wind can really play a factor. Not a lot to complain about overall though.
Other Thoughts: I lost a disc on one of the holes and one of the guys went back later and found it. I hooked up with him before I left town so I could start my tour with a full bag. Thanks!

Great view!

1    7/18/2015   7/27/2015
Review By: AngelK
Pros: Nice view. Only had time to play 1-9, but looking at the map, the course had a lot of variety including water, hills, trees/wooded area, and open fields. Good distances at each basket, not too short or ridiculously long.
Cons: Some baskets are pretty close to the road, watch out for cars. Wind was blowing pretty strong the day I played, unsure if it's always like that.
Other Thoughts: Bring $3 for park entry.

My go-to course

5+    7/1/2014   7/10/2014
Review By: danickel0902
Pros: - Tee pads now on all the holes.
- All the tees are marked with signs.
- Rotating holes adds a bit of a change from the usual courses.
- Front 9 offers a good challenge with different terrain types. Water, trees and some hilly.
- Back 9 is mostly hills with lots of trees.
Cons: - The wind is a major drawback. The course is right in between hills, so the wind rushes through the front 9.
Other Thoughts: Bring a floating disc for the front 9, you might need it.

Rocking course!

2-4    3/8/2014   3/16/2014
Review By: TimZ
Pros: Don't hesitate, just come here. This place is a full blown course and it has everything. Uphill, downhill, left turning, right turning, tunnel shot, wide open shot, water hazard, hyzer, everything. Beautiful fairways and the club now has the parks dept mowing the fairways for them!
Cons: Not many cons, the only thing is it can get a little muddy or some overgrown grass and weeds on holes. There are water shots, I know some people consider those a con. These are reasonable water shots.
Other Thoughts: Most of the poor reviews are from long ago and this place is now in tip top shape. Complete signage at all holes and tee pads on many. Great locals and comfortable course, just a great round where you'll need every shot in your bag.

Enjoyed this course

1    3/8/2014   3/10/2014
Review By: Fntsygamr
Pros: Course layout was really nice. Starts off with nice warmup shots, then gets challenging when you are working around the water holes. Parking was nice, people were nice and the weather was great for playing. Paying $3 to get into the park was nice too. Restrooms, carbage cans, and the back 9 with the hills and downhill Top of the World shots were awesome.
Cons: Oblivious people walking the park. I know this is a public area, but people who don't care you are throwing a plastic disc and are oblivious of you, when you are curtious of them being in your space, drives me crazy. Parents that don't monitor their children and let them run through the fairway while your disc is in mid-flight or just plain walk into the fairway as you are driving. Loose dogs that run around the park and people that just don't pay attention.
Other Thoughts: Lost a disc in the pond? Just make sure your name is on it and let Discman Dan know where you threw it and what the disc is and you will most likely get a call back. I threw my Wraith in the water on #7, told him and got a call back the next day. He will hold the disc for a few weeks and then if you don't come get it, he will sell it. I am ok with that, thank you for the chance to get my plastic back. If you do get that call and pick it up, make sure you tip the man for retrieving your disc.

< Prev 1 2 3 4