8 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: The course plays through a small park. A few holes are grassy with scattered trees, the rest are in the woods. The open holes have some length, including a really long bomb to finish the course. The wooded holes offer some different shot shapes and some tight lines to hit. The course map makes all but two of the holes pretty easy to figure out, I recommend printing it or pulling it up on your phone. The baskets are pretty much brand new and catch well.
Cons: A few of the wooded holes are quite overgrown, and don't offer much of a fairway at all. They need significant clearing and cleaning to really be viable disc golf holes, at the moment they are just pinball through the woods in the general direction until you get to the basket. The last hole is quite long, and plays along an access road the entire way with the parking lot in play around the green, a little bit of a possible safety issue.
There are no tees, we tried to throw from where the map showed the holes starting but it wasn't always easy to figure that out. In a couple spots the map is a little off and makes the course a little hard to follow. The park has a neglected feel, it's a little surprising that the money was spent for brand new baskets without cleaning up the fairways and marking tees to make it playable.
Other Thoughts: The course is not very beginner friendly, with lots of length on some of the open holes, and tight woods that will frustrate newer throwers. More experienced players will find some challenges here, if the wooded holes were fixed up it could be a great course to challenge intermediate level players. With a little work put in and some marked tees, this could be a decent 9er, right now it's not really worth going out of your way to play.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
17 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: 1) A model for an inexpensive setup. Homemade PVC baskets with plastic chainlink material.UPDATE: INNOVA DISCATCHERS NOW IN PLACE.
2) There is a little variety with 2 completely open holes, 3 running entirely through the woods, 1 straight hole along woods and 90 degree dogleg into the woods from the drive, 1 tucked basket against a clump of woods, and 2 more holes running along the woods the whole way.
3) Some holes have obstacles forcing different shots. Some go right, some go left, and a couple dead straight.
4) #4 is the best hole, it is tight through the woods. #6 is a little tougher tight wooded hole. It is almost too tough, if it weren't for the rest of the course being somewhat blah.
Cons: 1) #2 basket is missing completely. #5 basket is busted by a fallen tree, but still there.UPDATE: ALL BASKETS HAVE BEEN REPLACED WITH INNOVA DISCATCHERS.
2) No visible tee areas, there are no posts, signs or even dirt areas from use, because not many people play here.
3) Homemade baskets, just can;t stand up to what little abuse they take, although I do have to say the ones that are in good shape do catch the disc very well. Very surprising because they are made with PVC and some plastic chainlink system. Check out my picture of the basket!
4) It looks like this gets no use and therefore no maintenance. The 6th hole looks like it is gettin increasingly tight as stuff grows up around the fairway. UPDATE: COURSE STILL HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY MAINTENANCE ON THE WOODED HOLES . . . THEY ARE COMPLETELY GROWN OVER WITH WEEDS, NETTLES, POISON IVY, AND RASPBERRIES . . .THE WOODED HOLES ALSO NEED SOME THINNING ALONG THE FAIRWAYS TO OPEN THEM UP SLIGHTLY TO BE REALISTIC HOLES.
5) Fairly boring holes. They did what they could, but it is not enough to get me to go back there. UPDATE: APPARENTLY I LIED AS I RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS . . . BUT MOSTLY BECAUSE I WAS HOPING MORE HAD BEEN DONE TO MAINTAIN THOSE WOODED HOLES AND ALSO BECAUSE I HEARD THERE WAS A BACK 9 . . . ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO IMPROVE THE WOODED HOLES AND TO FIND NO ADDITIONAL 9 BASKETS ON THE PROPERTY EITHER.
6) Not what I would call a beginner course even and I like to see courses make them playable for everyone. I feel like if a beginner came here they would be disappointed and tested too much even.
Other Thoughts: Not worth a special trip, but if you are out for a bunch of courses, give it a try . . . maybe??? It isn't really even a beginners course because of the tight wooded holes #4 and #6 (serious PLINKO), the length of #9 IS 620' so that isn't easy either.
UPDATE: STILL BAD . . . LIKELY WON'T RETURN AGAIN UNLESS I GET AN INVITE FROM HE DESIGNER (TO PLAY HIS "BACK 9") AND AM GUARANTEED AND BETTER MAINTENANCE.
17 of 19 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.