Lancaster, PA
Hobson Park Mini DGC Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #7 (Taken 7/2010)

Share URL:

Good for a short round

5+    8/10/2017   8/10/2017
Review By: globetrotter
Other Thoughts: I guess I have to rate this course on its merits as a mini course. Hobson Park is an 18-hole mini disc golf course set in a very nice little park. This was the course that got me into disc golf. My wife and I used to play it with discs from an Innova Starter pack because we didn't know any better.

This is a great course. I wish it could be blown up to full size, and in fact, I'd like to take a putter and go play the course as is anyway. It has great variety. Every hole has its own uniquestion feel and challenges. There are a variety of hole lengths and shots. Basically everything you want in a course. Of course, it's a mini course, not a full size course, so if you enjoy mini courses, you should play this one.

Mini mini mini

2-4    7/10/2011   2/10/2012
Review By: harmonicajoe
Pros: Very nice layout with rolling hills and Amish farmland.It's in a public park that is meticulously maintained. A nice course for the beginner to pro. There is something for everybody. Long holes, challenging holes, turning fairways and evlevation changes. The baskets are fantastic and made of stainless steel so there is no rust. Loaner discs at hole 1. when you are finished playing drop them in the box at hole 18 so someone else can use them.
Cons: No map but the course flows nicely and you really don't need one.
Other Thoughts: New course stamped minis available at the township office down the street.

Top notch mini

1    7/18/2010   7/22/2010
Review By: gottafixit
Pros: - Rules sign explaining how to play MINI DG
- Nice tee post with par and distance, and a little arrow to point you in the right direction
- Highly visible Tee stones
- Easy to navigate, with signs when not obvious
- Excellent baskets
- Loaner discs available at the start of the course(make sure to return them)
- Well mantained and landscaped park
- Family friendly park
Cons: - Mostly open or bending shots could use a few tight shots
- Second player level
Other Thoughts: This is rated against other Mini DG courses. This was my second Mini course(codorus was my first) and it was so much more enjoyable this time. I spent the day in Lancaster so I played all the mini and full sized courses in the area and this one was better marked and maintained then two of the full sized I played that day. The course was layed out through a good bit of the park and played through it's fantastic landscaping. The tee signs and tee stones were easy to find and navigation between them when not obvious was aided by signs. I really enjoyed the course as the park is great and the holes made for an interesting mix of shots. I could have used a few more technical shots as most are fairly open, but becuase it is this means this is a great course for beginners and kids as well.

It would be nice to see a map and scorecard available and maybe a second set of tees or more challenging pin placements. Over all this is one great course.