Newly Re-Done Osborne Park DG
Pros: Fun great small course on the Shores of Lake Erie in Willoughby, Ohio. Course has been re-done and now starts at front of park. Several tough holes through the woods and a extra long hole 9 570". Better flow than the original layout!
Cons: Multi use park, still need concrete. potable restrooms needed in Winter.
Other Thoughts: I really like the new and improved layout! Great views of Lake Erie! Epic Winter course!
Pros: A nice little 9 hole course on the shore of Erie.
Wide variety of holes for a short course.
Tee signs mark the holes.
Cons: Few of the holes are pretty wide open
SUPER long walk to the 1st tee and back to the parking lot after 9.
Other Thoughts: Starts off with your normal looking hole with trouble on the right of the basket.
Then you have a few holes along the hill that the wind off the lake causes havoc with your discs.
Then a few more wide open holes getting you back to the little tree area with a few good holes taking you back towards the parking lot. (still a long walk)
Pros: This course is fun to play and is nice by the lake - a great place for a casual round.
Cons: Tends to be a lot of people at the park, sometimes in the disc golf course area which made me nervous to throw a few times.
Pros: - Very attractive-looking course with almost-perfect green grass spans.
- Easy to run, nothing to trip you up
- Great views of Lake Erie
- Hole #8 is challenging
- Holes #3 & #4 provide the challenge of avoiding losing your disc in the lake
- Hole #2 is about the only hole with any real elevation differential (you have to land your disc midway up a hill)
- Hole #9 provides a little bit of tree challenge
Cons: - Otherwise you're dealing with a number of straightaway shots
- Hole #9 ends far too close to the edge of a makeshift soccer field, used for little kids games and practice. Almost hit a woman when my disc bounced off a tree and went left
- I was about to move onto hole #3 when a handful of youth football coaches brought their team down the hill; they circled up and down the hill and ran through practice drills right across the fairway for #3. (I'm sure they would get upset were we to traipse around their football field during practice.) They didn't get it; I asked 'em to take it somewhere else next time, because it was inconsiderate and not safe for the kids. Some people are just stupid
- Too many groups with golf carts and such taking 15 minutes per hole or more
Other Thoughts: Had the potential to be a nice course. Too many dumb people walking across the fairways into the path of discs, though.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Nice Park.
Great Lake Erie views.
A few really nice holes.
I have a distinct advantage on holes 2,3, and 4 being a lefty.
Nice tee signage.
Cons: Most holes are almost nothing but strait shots to the baskets.
It's a bit of a hike from the lot to the first hole.
Other Thoughts: I feel like this course could have much more to offer. Little improvements like laying pavers for tee pads and planting/transplanting a few trees near the baskets would be inexpensive and easy ways to add to the fun factor of the course. However I don't think it is a bad course, just one that has potential be a better course.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Great Views
Not real busy
Course is easy to follow
Park is kept clean
Cons: Long walk to the course
Can be windy at times
Very little shade
Most holes are strait in view
Other Thoughts: The course is very close to me so I play often,If you live far I wouldn't say you Have to play here but it is a nice course with a pool near by, It can get very windy at times being right on the lake. It is a pretty long walk to the course,so for those who like to keep cold drinks in a cooler in the car it will be a pain. But I think it's a great place to play and good average course.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 1 Not
a little breeze for you
Pros: - Plenty of parking
- Very nice water park with slides, pavilions, playground, swings, basketball, soccer, tennis, baseball and football fields
- Entrance is marked by the park sign
- Natural Tees are in decent shape but Tee #2 can collect water when the waves breaking inland
- Very nice Tee Signs
- Baskets are in good condition and well labeled
- The upkeep seems decent. The grass was well cut and the weeds were cut in the wooded area.
- Even though there is a beautiful view of Lake Erie, the landscape and scenery is otherwise boring and flat
- Lake Erie provides a fun obstacle for Holes #2, 3 & 4, especially on a windy day!
- Low traffic by both disc golfers and locals
- Trash cans located at parking area. The course is very clean.
- There's a bench to take a break overlooking the lake
Cons: - There is a kiosk back by the disc golf course which is a long walk from the parking area toward the water but there is nothing at the parking area telling you where to go from there to find the course
- No map provided. It would be handy not only in navigating the course for the first time but simply finding the course.
- A little too open and bland. You get to throw some long bombs and test your distance discs in the wind but this course has to many plain wide open shots with nothing in between you and the basket but a breeze.
Other Thoughts: - The flow is neither a Pro nor a Con. The actual course does flow pretty good but Hole # is so far from the parking area and Hole #9 ends hundreds of feet from Hole #1 making you have to walk back toward #9's Tee to play another round.
- The course has 5 holes that are over 300', one of which is currently listed as 410', so the overall distance for this course at 2767' is decent, but I wouldn't put it as a Pro.
- Excellent place to practice your windy putts and drives. The wind off the Lake is very strong and knowing how to throw in it is no small thing.
- Holes #3 & 4 are difficult because they are along the lake and on a windy day there is the risk of a shanked drive taking a dip. But the most challenging hole is Hole #8. Very short, only 196' but there is a sharp turn to the right in the small wooded area.
- Good place to bring a beginner as long as it's not windy.
- I guess Hole #4 is my favorite. /meh
- This is not a destination course to travel too but I'm glad that I got to see it. It is a fun course to hit but if I'm in the area again I will just hit Sims. I would consider hitting this course again if I bring my family for the lake view, a round of golf, and maybe lunch and water slides.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: if you need a quick 9 holes to play in a short amount of time then this is the course for you. perfect setup for a quick round during a lunch break. nice view of the lake.
Cons: only 9 holes. long walk from the parking lot to the actual course itself
Other Thoughts: was fun to play
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: great views, are some diff variety of holes.
Cons: no concrete tee pads the last hole is close to a soccer field so if kids are playing you need to be careful
Other Thoughts: not a bad course to get out and play, friendly people but if its real windy DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Playing Disc on the coast of Lake Erie
Pros: Holes 3 & 4 are really scenic and very unique. Decent distance on most of the holes, allows you to open up with your driver. Occasionally, the holes have elevation changes. Park is really nice, with lots of parking, playground, and city pool.
Cons: Very open. Most holes have unabated shots from the tee box. I'm not the biggest fan of courses that consist of mainly baskets in an open field. It's not the most difficult course ever; I played poorly the day I played it.
Other Thoughts: The course wasn't bad. I'd rather play 18 than 9, but I actually liked it better than Sims Park. I probably wouldn't make a special trip up to it again, but if I was in the area, I would play it. Holes 3 & 4 on Lake Erie are cool and are the signature holes of the course. Having those memorable holes help boost its rating.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.