Three Rivers, MI
Meyer Broadway Park - Original Share
Uploaded By: TimSyl Hole #1 (Taken 12/2015)
Hole #1 Short Tee

Share URL:

< Prev 1 2 3
Hills for thrills

1    10/7/2017   10/7/2017
Review By: Christopherj
Pros: Nice course, well maintained
Clean fairways
Played the short tees. I thought it was moderate hard with a few easy holes
Very picturesque course
Cons: Very hilly, could be hard to navigate after rain
Some baskets bent
Other Thoughts: I recommend this course

Whatever Sisyphus Said!

1    8/19/2017   8/20/2017
This review was updated on 9/10/2017
Pros: Pros: I really would like to copy the Sisyphus review word for word. His review really says it all and in a very eloquent style. I'd present him a second "thumbs up" if Tim would allow me. And after playing a round with him, I know him to be a slightly better player than myself but still a nice guy. And do you think I've poured on the ....manure deep enough for him to bestow a thumber on my review?

But I'll add just a bit. The North course is the one that starts near the park entrance. There is a $4 charge to enter the park. The course starts right next to the parking lot. There is a great colored course map here. The tees are concrete, grippy and nicely long. The tee signs are nice, technicolor models complete with distances for both Longs and Shorts. The longs and short really play as two different holes, sometimes a 150 foot difference, often one needs a hyser while the other require might require an annie. They're never just lined up behind each other courses are sometime designed.

As I started to play # 1, I thought this to be a nice easy rec course with # 1 measuring at 235' from the longs and 204' from the shorts. I also thought the entire course had these same slightly, faded Discatchers. I was mistaken in both counts. This is no rec course (from the longs) and the rest of the baskets looked to be newer and less faded Discatchers. I was pleased with the nicer baskets and not sure about the following 17 holes being somewhat more challenging. I'm good with easy recreational courses. I did appreciate the next tee signs pointing to both the long tee and the short tee pad. I played this course from the longs and only the longs have the tee signs.

North had some very pretty holes, classic in a golf course sense. I mean beautiful, natural fairways with just the right amount of elevation. # 2 was one of these classically, beautiful fairways as was 6,12, 13, 17 and 18. The course has a wonderful variety of holes, mixing longer holes with cool little Ace Runs and a couple of great up and over the gully holes. # 5 is one of the great little Ace Runs, it's 181 with just one tee pad and needed a closely threaded throw to get through the many small trees. 6 is another excellent hole. It plays 345' from the longs and 287' from the shorts. It plays over a fairly steep little gully. Steep enough that stairs have been cut into the slope and a rope is hung on the uphill side to help you reach the top. Kinda reminds me of my time spent on Everest (not!). The basket then sits up higher on the slope. Then 7 and 8 both throw over gullies. Neither are quite as dramatic as # 6 though. I felt # 10 was probably the most unique hole on either of the courses. It's just 171' from both tees but the basket isn't visible. As you walk up the fairway, you finally see the flag but as you walk further, you realize you're seeing the flag extension on top of another extension. The hole is set partways down a steep bank requiring a nice little soft touch shot.

I played # 15 from the short position. I might have been fatigued by this point. Anyway, 15 from the short is 276' and just the top of a flag is showing. Cool!
Cons: The # 11 sign is currently AWOL.

The course is tight at times. The rough is somewhat thick but I always felt the holes were playable and with fair Iines. I played today by myself and was just dandy with both courses.

Losing a disc is a possibility.
Other Thoughts: Other Thoughts: This is just a lovely course. It has a great variety of challenges, from tight fairways to big hysers, up hills and downhills, Ace Runs, some decently longer holes and roughs that can lead to added strokes. It probably plays from intermediate to a slightly challenging advanced level from the Longs while the Shorts are a fun, recreational course.

It's a very nicely designed course on a wonderful piece of real estate. Put the two together and we disc golfers are as happy as a pig in .....manure! Not exactly the term my dear old Dad would use but this a G rated family review.

Now I have to make a confession, father. I'm totally confused on which course is which? Is the South course and the Original course one and the same? And then the North course is the one that starts out across the field beyond the picnic shelter? Or is that Flip City? If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone might point it out to me.

Have something to add or change? Update your review!

Beastie

1    7/24/2015   7/28/2015
Review By: sisyphus
Pros: A recent redesign and upgrade in time for the 2015 Amateur World Championships has made what was once a fairly tricky course into a real beastie from the long tees. There is a course map at the start, which is worth a pic, even if we benefited from excellent Worlds signage. The new holes 5, 6 & 7 play down or across a steep, wooded ravine, adding (more) shade and challenge to the pair of championship courses on-site. With two sets of concrete tees per hole, DisCatcher baskets (older single chains were upgraded with heavy, looping inner chains), and occasionally grueling elevation, there's lots of variety in distances and angles of attack.

There are a number of memorable holes here on the south course. I'll try to forget screwing up on the roadside hole 4, with its gap (alt sky hyzer) and mounded green, and certainly won't forget the puzzling lines needed on the brutal hole 6. They added ropes there to traverse the pits and to make safer your climb up into Mordor. One guy on our card actually 3'd it, and my jaw dropped. I managed to drop a lucky, blind, putter 'drive' to within 18 inches of the pin on the terraced hole 10. And we'll never forget the length of the holes, and their summer rough challenges up on holes 12 through 17. Finally, yea, though I walked through the Valley of Death on 16, I shall fear no evil shot, just get back to the fairway (new to the course? Do NOT go to the right on that tee shot!!!)

In all, they've created a really tournament worthy course out of the 'Original', and it looked like the short tees might be fun for Rec and protected divisions. The course looks like it might be a bit much for casual players. The maintenance guys were fantastic, and clearly take pride in these two courses.
Cons: The park does charge $5 to get in, and even were the only park to be double checking credentials for Worlds. So if you don't like to pay for the great maintenance on courses like this, you might want to play elsewhere.

Now, there are obviously tall grasses here bordering the longer, more open holes, and you WILL need a spotter. We were lucky to have a Liam (thanks, young man!) to help us out, but I would not recommend a solo round out here. And you will need seasonal bug spray: tall grasses hide ticks in early summer, and there are damp places on the new woods holes that will harbor mosquitoes and such late in the summer. Speaking of which, the muddy slopes on holes 5, 6 (!) and 7 will be treacherous during and after rain. I'd hate not to play those holes, but can't visualize dragging my big ol' butt up and down those hillsides if they were really wet. The bottom of the ravine on hole 6 is clearly a muddy pond area.

Otherwise, there weren't a whole lot of rally bad marks for the course. Might've just been me, but I was wishing for more benches by the end of the day out here (we played North, then South).
Other Thoughts: The Meyer Broadway Complex did itself proud in 2015. Thanks!

Great course but...oh the navigation.

1    8/9/2014   8/9/2014
Review By: davetherocketguy
Pros: - An excellent mix of long and short holes but overall a very long course.
- Elevation. Very rarely - even in Michigan - do you see elevation put to such fantastic use.
- Tightly wooded to wide open holes. All sorts of options for line shaping either right or left.
- Rediculously challenging with a very high risk/reward factor. Errant shots are sometimes brutally punished with the rough.
- Some truly unique holes. 10 comes to mind as a insane downhill short hole that will punish throws that go too far.
- Pin placements are well done and difficult. The roll aways and slopes surrounding the baskets means you better bring your "A" putting game.
- Fantastic concrete tee pads. FInished nicely, level and in good shape.
- Nicely mowed fairways.
- Bring your freaking A game.
Cons: - Navigation is a disaster and will hopefully be fixed soon. This is the single biggest issue for me. It is extremely easy to become totally lost between holes. Occationally, there are rocks with arrows pointing to the next hole. But even then, there just isn't enough of them. I cannot stress enough how important it is to bring either a map or play with someone who is familiar with the course.
- Not a beginner friendly course - AT ALL. Not sure if this is a con or not but there it is.
- The rough is ROUGH. The vegitation is almost too thick to be reasonable. Some places like #2 is praire grass disc golf HELL. Come prepared for this by not playing alone. I can't even imagine playing the majority of these holes without at least one spotter. In fact, I would even recommend playing in a foursome so getting 2 or 3 spotters down the fairway is practicle.
- #17's fairway is just plain unfair. Yeah I managed to get to the fairway but come on. Someone needs to get themselves jazzed up on some Red Bull and go nuts with a chainsaw on this hole.
- Tee signs. Where are they? There are cool little indentations in the concrete tees indicating distance but a regular tee sign would be a big improvement especially with navigation to the long tees and shorts.
- Flow is not terrible but not great either. Some of the walks between holes are fairly long. Not the longest I've ever seen (that designation belongs to Andrews University) but it was a little surprising.
Other Thoughts: I am torn with this course. I really really want to give this a 4.5 but the navigation issues are really holding my score back. This to me could easily be a 4.5 with some signs and tee signs installed. Throw in alternate basket locations, make some of the fairways more reasonable, put in concrete tee pads we have a five-er on our hands...seriously - it's that good.

As stated previously, the rough is really rough so that means your typical assortment of Michigan irritants not the least of which being the poison ivy. There's a binch of it. The bugs are really bad during the warmer months including ticks, mosquitoes, bees, etc. So just be prepared.

I am not going to list this as a con but a lot of people don't seem to like the single layer of chains. Like the rating I am not sure how I feel about those baskets. I think they catch fine so long as your putting is good.

This course is a long and hilly course so be prepared for that too. Good footware is more important here that your average hucker-friendly course. Huckers with their single warp speed driver and cooler filled with beer are not going to make it past hole 10 with their flip flops.

1    6/17/2014   6/17/2014
Review By: Indiana574
Pros: Very beautifull park. Clean very clean. Nice mowed fairways with what almost looks like crop circles don't throw to far In the ruff u will be all In the sticker bushes mwahhahaha. Hole 1 is kool you can go for the safe straight shot or throw a huge hyzer bomb. Hole 13 was probaly my favorite hole u can real bomb it use a nice understable disc to float it to the right an watch it comes back left. Hole 10 I will warn you walk down an look at the basket first it's literally straight down the middle of the hill a bad throw an most likely you won't find you disc. Luckily I was warned about it first. Just pull out a putter an barely I mean barely toss it. Hole 11 is a very nicely wooded hole.
Cons: Not to many cons sept maybe ticks. Some ppl hate on the ruff but I like it it punishes bad shots. Single chained baskets no biggie to me. Print a map before you come out.
Other Thoughts: Begginers will become very frustrate not beginner friendly. It's a great course but I liked the north course just a tad more. All around great course.

Hole 10 is cool

1    5/11/2013   5/12/2013
Review By: nickrockey
This review was updated on 6/28/2013
Pros: +Some really awesome holes!
+ The vegetation is great! Some really tight mail-slot type shots that are just plain killer!!!
+The front is great for placement shots and the end is for the big arms, but don't be shy you can really throw some rockets out there!
+nicely mowed paths
+tee pads were pretty good
+Nice course layout, not easy by any means
+Pretty easy to find your way from one hole to the next
+Some pretty long holes and uphill holes are humbling for sure!
+Great wooded holes for sure!
Cons: -BUGS!
-Almost need to play doubles so you can have a spotter,
I forget which hole, but you throw blind downhill, but not to far, if you overshoot by just alittle you are going to be in trouble! They should clear all of that area and put the basket a couple hundred feet farther down the hill, or even up the other hill, that would be AWESOME!
Other Thoughts: ^BUG SPRAY!
^Good hiking shoes
^The greens and fairways were mowed pretty nice, but outside of that the grass was pretty tall so really watch your disc!
^Pretty nice course, I will play it again

Much like Mashy, I'm not sure on this one...

1    1/9/2013   1/9/2013
Review By: apdrvya
Pros:
Aesthetic- this course plays through the rolling hills of this course. Around several tubing hills and across the road several times. this area dedicated to half disc golf and half hiking trails. I like this park. we played in January and the trails seemed well traveled.

Baskets--Although I rue Innova's baskets, these seemed to be in good repair and are WAY easier to see than the mach V's on the north course.

Teepads- Although they were covered with snow when we were there, they were all concrete on the longs (not sure on the shorts)

Originality- There are som VERY tough looks here. There are some very long very challenging holes here
Cons:
Teesigns- The teesigns, where there are teesigns, are HIT. most of them are either missing or TRASHED which makes it VERY hard to navigate this course. a map is a necessity for sure! It would be far easier if all of the teepads at least had a post where the sign used to be, but that's not even there.

Navigation- as I said above, it's rough. without a map this course would be impossible. Next tee signs would be EXTREMELY helpful (like on the north)

Uncontrollables- the rough, even in the winter, in the snow is ROUGH!! Punishing errant shots with either gnarly thorns or rolling into a huge sink hole!
Other Thoughts: I had a decent time playing this course but a three hour round on an 18 hole course is insane. this course needs some serious polishing before I'll be back.

Mixed feelings

1    7/9/2011   7/20/2011
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course plays through a mix of open rolling hills and some forested areas. Both areas of the course feature some nice elevation changes with some tough uphills and a couple fun downhills and valley shots. The open half of the course has a few scattered trees on most holes, and tall grass rough lining the mowed fairways. The wooded holes have tight technical lines with dense trees and brush to punish errant shots.

You'll need some different shots to be successful, the wooded holes call for a variety of lines with a balance of left and right turns. There is a good mix of lengths, with a few bombers and some ace runs. One hole plays steeply downhill and short, offering a definite chance for chains, but there are dense briers waiting to eat shots that go long, left or right. There are nice concrete tees and good baskets in decent shape.
Cons: I'm not a fan of long grass. I don't think it provides an obstacle that changes your next shot, it just makes for lost discs and lost time. I really liked the thick rough on the wooded holes where you had to be really creative if you missed the fairway, but the open grassy holes just aren't any fun.

A lot of the signs are damaged, making it unclear how long the holes are or where to throw. This also makes it really difficult to find some of the natural short tees that don't have their own signs. With rutted out pads and no signage, I can't imagine the shorts get any play.
Other Thoughts: Beginners will hate this course, even if they take the time to find and play the shorts. The rough is punishing, and errant shots are easy to lose and difficult to recover from. There are several long holes that would add to the frustration. More experienced players will find some really nice challenges, but also some pretty straightforward open holes with only long grass to contend with. I wouldn't play here in the late summer when the rough is at its thickest.

Not for the Faint of Heart

1    7/2/2011   7/8/2011
Review By: BogeyNoMore
This review was updated on 7/10/2011
Pros: Plays in a section of the park that's pretty much dedicated to disc golf, featuring moderate to major elevation changes on virtually every hole. This makes many holes feel and play longer or shorter than the posted distances. Fairways have good mix of long and short, left, right, and straight shots.

The first several holes play relatively open, with fairways lined with tall grass and/or thick (often treacherous) rough, allowing you to choose a number of different lines to get to the basket. But beware, these first few holes can punish you severely for straying from the fairway. Bring your "Get Out of Jail Free" disc, you're gonna need it.

Things get tricky starting with hole 8, as you head into the woods with a well treed fairway that takes a sharp turn to the left after having you drive over a scenic valley. Another wooded hole follows before you hit the deceptive 171' hole 10. How hard can it be? Overdrive it and you'll find out. The shule behind that basket is thick and nasty, and oh yeah, it's a downhill shot, so you might wanna take it easy from the tee box. Rest of the course pretty much plays somewhat open around the fringe of the woods, occasionally bringing you back into them. Course is demanding, requiring discipline and control.

Risk vs. Reward shots all over the place, and unless you're shooting pretty well that day, you might do well to scale back your ambitions and do your best to stay on the fairway if finishing with a low score (or keeping all your discs) is a priority.
Concrete pads for longs, and imbedded toe boards for shorts usually offer significantly different lines and challenges. Even so, I wouldn't say the shorts are all that beginner friendly.
Course flows fairly well from basket to next tee, but first timers would be well served to print the course map off this site, I found it to be a time saver.
Cons: The rough here is downright treacherous in many spots. Not the place for a friendly round. Shanking one into the grass seems more innocent, but you could certainly lose discs in this stuff. Not the best place for fly-dyed drivers.

Tee signs are present, but many are starting to look pretty shabby, and a few are broken.

Chance of disc loss is significant.
Other Thoughts: Rolling terrain adds a scenic quality to much of the course. Standout holes for me were:
Hole 14 - has you driving up a steep hill to a nicely mowed landing area, before taking a left turn and continuing uphill to the basket for a two tiered effect that can be humbling as you cover 620' from the long, going uphill pretty much the whole way. Felt the weight of each and every disc in my bag climbing the hill for my 2nd shot.
Hole 10 - a short blind downhill that's an Ace run for the lion hearted. Take it easy if you're not a brave soul, as briar patch behind the basket is downright brutal. Go long and kiss your putter goodbye.
3, 4, 5, 13 are also noteworthy IMO.

Drop a buck or two in the donation box if you play here. Course is well maintained, although it feels intentionally cruel. Seems like they could thin out some of the nasty stuff, but I get the impression they simply don't want to. I think they're simply trying to reward staying in the fairway, and punish (perhaps harshly) failing to do so.

Pairs nicely with the North course for a nice day's outing. Located quite close to civilization and a variety of restaurants.

Bring your walking shoes !!

2-4    5/28/1901   6/7/2011
Review By: Zigzaggler
Pros: Elevation is the name of the game...this park has some really great layouts with blind tees and tight fairways. With the tall grass for rough and mowed flyways keeping your drive on the short grass gets to be TOUGH!!..Hills are everywhere you walk so bring plenty of water and be prepared to hike it out..lol..The park is well maintained with plenty of shade on those hot days..This park is definitely player friendly !!!!
Cons: There is a water waste center or something right next to the park that keeps the smell of poop in the air for some of the holes.....played it on a very warm day and the smell was so rancid we almost decided to leave.
Other Thoughts: A very fun course despite the smell of poo....a return trip is a strong possibility.....in the fall.

< Prev 1 2 3