1 Helpful / 0 Not
Fun and Challenging
Pros: -Varied course: Lots of terrain, levels and obstacles
-Mostly well kept
-Clear layout: easy to navigate
Cons: -Colorado river flooding makes it difficult to play
-A few signs are missing
-Back nine are right next to private property with barb wire fence. Easy to lose a disc!
Other Thoughts: Beautiful course in the shadow of the Grand Hogback.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
enjoyable, thoughtfully laid-out course
Pros: - Holes average a little under 300'
- Just off the highway, easy to access
- Nice scenery, nestled between the mountains and next to the Colorado River
- Tees, markers, and baskets are in great shape; the concrete tees are nice.
- Yellow flags help pinpoint the baskets
- Most flags are visible from the tee
- Two pin positions per hole; most of the time (not always) it's easy to determine which is which
- Minimal risk of losing a disc, even on the holes close to the river. Hole #6 probably carries the most risk, particularly with a hyzer. My tee shot ended up about 20' from the river, with another 10' to go to the hole (i.e. there's about 10 yards between the basket and river)
- Hole 16, along the fence of the gas tanks (you'll probably get a whiff), also carries a risk; my tee shot sailed a bit close to the fence and ended up next to a truck and a pile of metal junk.
- Hole 5 sports a basket hanging from the trees by a few chains, cool!
- Hole 8 sports a gate about 10 yards in front of the tee that you'll need to thread
- Bathroom available (not sure if it's open year-round or not)
- Hole two is next to a roadway, but unless it goes way left, it's a safe shot.
Cons: - No extra-long holes
- Mostly straight shots, not a lot of doglegs
- The highway noise from I-70 is constant, though you quickly learn to tune it out
Other Thoughts: - For the first hole tee, go to the far left corner of the storage facilities.
- The scenery overall is nice, though many of the holes sneak between some light industrial stuff (gas tanks, storage facility, etc.) and the river.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: New tee pads going in. River has receded. Flags on baskets. Beautiful surroundings
Cons: LOTS of dogs. Watch for poop! Most are not chasers, some are. Bugs and lots of sun. Sometimes high wind.
Other Thoughts: Great way to spend your afternoon. Back 9 is relaxed and quiet.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.