Marinette, WI
Marinette City Park Share
Uploaded By: Marinette Hole #3 (Taken 8/2009)

Share URL:

Good Course for Both Beginners and Pros

1    9/21/2017   9/25/2017
Review By: 18amille
Pros: -This course challenges all skill levels, from experts to beginners like me
-It is a fairly safe course, with really no risk of injuries or harm to yourself
-The course is right in town and easy to access
-there is no fee to play
Cons: -I found the par ratings to be odd on some holes. One hole that went through a curved path in the woods was a par 3 while a straight shot had a par 4
Other Thoughts: -I myself did not play #8 but I heard from many of my classmates that it is a very frustrating hole. I am unaware of the reasoning so I can not give my insight.

-all in all, it is an excellent course and it is very fun to play.

Solid Course, Confusing Posted Par

5+    7/5/2016   12/6/2016
Review By: XC_Eddy
This review was updated on 7/5/2017
Pros: Marinette City Park offers a variety of shots from thinly wooded such as #1, #14, #15, and #17, Tunnel shots on #3, #4, #11, #12, and #16, fairly open holes on #7, #8, and #9, and significant elevation change on uphill #2 and downhill #8 and #12. Some of the holes such as #7 and #8 finish left, while some such as #10 and #15 finish right, requiring golfers to be able to throw a variety of shots in order to score well on this course.

Some specific hole notes:
#8 is always fun because it's a 400 ft wide open downhill shot. Watching your disc travel towards the basket on this hole is quite a thrill!

#11 has a very steep drop off on the left side, eventually into a creek. This tends to be the hole where people lose their discs.

Hole #16 in my opinion is by far the most difficult on the course, being 380ft with a thin fairway between VERY thick forest. The tunnel through the woods holes reward accuracy over power, but this hole takes it to the extreme. If you get outside the fairway, your disc is almost guaranteed to stop traveling forward because of all the pine trees, and you'll most likely have to use a stroke just to throw back into the fairway. Hole 16 is posted as a par 3, but the best I've ever shot on this hole is a 4. In fact, I've never seen anyone par this hole (though I'm sure it's been done.)

The course is safe, easy to find, easy to get to, and is in town. The designers did a great job utilizing a limited amount of space to make a solid 18 hole course. The tee pads are nice, and the signs are consistent and helpful. There is a helpful "next tee" sign after #10 and I believe one between #7 and #8 as well.

UPDATE: The Tee sign on #14 has been moved to the other side of the tee pad, which is much better, less frustrating, and safer. It was very easy to hit one's hand on the post when it was placed on the right front edge of the teepad. Furthermore, it indicates that someone is listening to player feedback and making adjustments.

Also, a mailbox with scorecards has been added near hole one. This is a very welcome addition. The combination of these to updates has convinced me to bump up my rating of this course from 3.5 to 4.0. It is a great course!
Cons: The tee pads are a little short. I end up starting behind the tee pad on most of drives here, and still occasionally will run out of room and not follow through completely. The tee pad on #5 has some permanent bike treads from someone riding through it as it was drying. This is irritating in that the tee pad is uneven and puddles of water always form in the shallow spots.

Some of the posted pars here make no sense. #1 is 286 feet with a clear line and is listed as a par 4. Hole #4 is a generous par 5 at 350+ through the woods (though I could see maybe calling this a par 4.) Hole #6 is just over 300ft fairly open and is a par 4. Then #16, an insanely difficult hole, is a par 3. My guess is that the confusing par choices is a remnant from when this was 9-hole course Some of the generous pars on the front make up for the difficulty on the back. I usually end up ignoring the posted pars for my own edification and end up playing everything as a par 3 except #16.

Bugs are thick in the summer, and the area leading up to the pin on #8 (long downhill shot) often has standing water everywhere.
Other Thoughts: This is a city park that people use. Be sure to watch out for pedestrians and cars, as a street and sidewalk run through the course. People occasionally will park here to eat lunch and take a smoke break or things of that nature. I once threw an errant shot #1 when I should have waited for someone to walk past. If you hooked an errant shot on #6, you could potentially throw into a playground area with young children. If you are afforded the opportunity to play this pleasant course, please be mindful of nonplayers.

Lastly, this is the nicest course I have ever seen that doesn't have an organized league of some sort. I also believe that there has been no tournaments at the course this year and have heard of none scheduled. Locals, get on that! My weird work schedule leaves me in the area only a couple days a week, but I could potentially do something on Thursdays if others are willing.

Love this course

5+    7/28/2011   7/28/2011
Review By: simm
Pros: This course offers some great variety in obstacles, distance and shot types. I live about 25 miles south of here and it is by far the best course in the area.
Cons: Some wet-ish spots, especially on #7. bugs can be bad in some of the wooded holes.
Other Thoughts: Really enjoy playing this course. If it was closer to home I would be playing it all the time.

a nice find.

1    6/26/2009   6/26/2009
Review By: gethi.letitfli
Pros: -a good mix of long and short holes
-the trees and hilly landscape add fun and challenging variation to the course.
-not very crouded at all(i was the only person playing when i went)
-the baskets were new,and the park seemed to be very well kept up in general.
Cons: -the sickest hole of the course(hole 4's tunnel shot)is right by a swampy area making it a perfect breeding ground for masquitos.so make sure you bring some bug sparay!!!
-the par numbers seemed more for beginers.(i was easily under par every hole and im not even that great of a player)
-maybe needs a diferent set of pars for more advanced players.
Other Thoughts: concrete tee pads and basket signs are now up!!!
this course was a great course, it has a nice mix of short technical holes,short easy holes,and longer harder shots.this makes it the perfect course for people of all skill levels to play at.i gaurentee everyone who plays here, whether its an experienced discer or a first time player, will have a good time.