Middleville, MI
Spring Park Share
Uploaded By: FoleyT Hole #1
First tee with the first and seventh baskets visible

Middleview Spring Park-Established 1959!

1    8/29/2017   8/29/2017
Pros: That's what the park's sign says at the front of the park. I'm not sure if the course has ever been established. It might have been an OK little rec course or maybe they built it like this. Spring Park is a small city park which appears to not get a lot of attention from anyone around here. It's position set back about two blocks must make it an easy target for those pesky basket thieves. There is a nice sized picnic shelter, a old sad looking ballfield and some ancient looking swings and an old slide.

As far as could ascertain, there are 4 baskets in the back part and one more out front. There are no tee pads. There are no signs. There are no players. There are no coaches. There are no pedestrians. There is no passing go. There is no collecting $200.

I played # 1 from to the basket sitting under a tree in the middle. It is numberless and shall remain nameless. Next I threw to the basket behind the shelter. It has a # 2 on it. We'll call him Two. For # 3, I threw out of the shelter in the direction of the ballfield. That basket has a 5 on it. We'll call him Harold. I think I might have gotten the 4th hole correct. I threw from over by the fence back to Two. For my hole 5, I threw to the nameless basket under the trees. # 6, I threw back to Harold. For 7, I played to the basket close to the parking lot and the rough. This basket has a 7 on it. For obvious reasons, we'll call him Mickey Mantle. Then # 8 and # 9 both play to the basket out by the big white Middleville Spring Park sign. We'll hold off naming this basket.

Cons: There are a few.

Only five baskets. Only three have names.

No tee pads.

No tee signs.

No practice baskets.

No navigational aids.

No bag holders.

No benches.

No garbage cans.

No fun.

Other Thoughts: I'm not sure if this was ever a fully accredited disc golf course. Reviewers from way back mention the missing baskets. Maybe they were heisted on the day the course opened. I don't think I care and it doesn't look like anyone around here cares? This course is only for hard up locals and serious course baggers, such as myself.

Still Missing Baskets

1    7/1/2013   7/2/2013
Review By: xrockfistx
Pros: It's easy to find. Right night to a Speedway right off M-37. Easy to push a stroller through
Cons: Still missing baskets (4,5,6,8). Alot of obstacles! Luckily, it wasn't a busy day so we didn't have any issues with patrons in the park but, had there even been people eating in the pavillion, we wouldn't be able to play.

Also, there is no number marking the tee (terrible crappy tees by the way. didn't even use them). But, there is a number on every basket. Had a hard time navigating. Luckily, there where a couple of guys there that where able to help us along. They also showed how they played with the missing baskets by reusing the baskets that where there.
Other Thoughts: The only reason I will return is because, I live in the area and it's just down the road from the laundromat I use. This way I could kill some time.

Don't Waste Your Time

1    7/15/2012   7/15/2012
Review By: jonesydesign
Pros: -Easy to find
-The baskets (that are still there) are in good condition
Cons: Just about everything!
-missing baskets (about 6 or so left)
-hard to navigate
-the map I found online wasn't very accurate/helpful
-easy for park patrons to be in your way
-tees are almost non-existent (a worn down dirt area and a piece of wood at the end if you're lucky)
Other Thoughts: I stopped here on a multi-course road trip. We didn't even finish. We couldn't even if we wanted because so many baskets were no present. Luckily I could pull up a map with my phone but even that wasn't helpful in navigating this unmarked course. It's really a shame, it seems like they could (or did) have a nice, short 9 hole course here but it's become near useless.

Spring Park

1    3/19/2012   3/19/2012
Review By: rshrevo
Pros: Not much to say here other than it is a course to play. Baskets were in good shape at least the ones i could see.
Cons: With the map at the first hole gone it is very hard to navigate where the basket you are shooting to is and the next tee. No numbers on the posts of the baskets indicating which basket it really is. I think i found the first four baskets. after that i found what appeared to be a tee pad but didn't see a basket to shoot for.
Other Thoughts: not sure if the park was missing baskets or if they were pulled for winter. but could only find 6 baskets. the tee boards could use some painted numbers on them or house numbers screwed into them. so you have a better indication as to what tee you are actually shooting from. The baskets could use a number decal on them to indicate which basket it is. at this point i would rather skip this course and go the extra few miles and play Hammond Hill in Hastings. didn't shoot bad for the holes i played just got frustrated trying to find what appeared to be non existent baskets.

eh, it was ok.

1    8/28/2010   9/7/2010
Review By: apdrvya
Pros: Location-- easy to find in a small town park.

Baskets-- good condition, grabbed discs nicely.

Variety-- minimal but what was there was nice. short, long, doglegs, blind shots, decent.
Cons: TeeBoxes-- Sand with kick strips. Needless to say, didn't use them at all.

Navigation-- Would be non-existant without the maps posted here and at the first tee in the info box.

Rough-- plays around the perimeter of the park, and errant shots left could go deep into marshy thick shule.
Other Thoughts: I thought it was a quick easy play with the map. close to GR and probably somewhere we will go back to in the future.

Really Short and Really Bad

1    7/5/2010   7/5/2010
Review By: chad groen
This review was updated on 4/25/2012
Pros: This is a good place to go if you just want to practice. It's mostly open with some trees scattered throughout the park. A baseball diamond comes into play on one hole, and a field of tall weeds come into play on a couple other holes. I kind of like the way the last hole is set up. Unfortunately, there's not much else to say about this course that's not negative.
Cons: They've made some radical changes to this course; not only is it a lot less fun to play but it's also a lot more difficult to find all the holes. They've removed some of the baskets so there are now only 7 holes (or so I was told. I only saw 5 or 6), and they've also removed the short 2X4s that served as the tee pad locations. They still don't have signs or cement tee pads. All they have now to mark the tee pads are these tiny orange flags that are difficult to find and could easily be moved or stolen. They've also relocated most of the tee pads and basket locations, and most of them are difficult to find even for those who were familiar with the course's old design. To top it off, when you do find them, the holes are still short and easy to play.
Other Thoughts: I used to think this was a decent course for beginners and also a nice laid-back course for veterans who weren't in the mood for playing a long and difficult course. Now what's there is pretty pathetic looking, and it's a course no can enjoy playing. In fact, it barely even looks like a disc golf course.

Nice little park

1    10/4/2009   10/4/2009
Review By: MDeezy
This review was updated on 2/5/2012
Pros: Short little course, easy to find, good work for your short game.
Cons: Very short holes with dirt tee pads. I found it hard to navigate without a map. Park is a multi-use facility so be aware of people in the park.
Other Thoughts: Nice little warm up course if you are going to play Hammond Hill. You really only need a putter and maybe a midrange to play Spring Park. This would be a good place for beginners or someone learning to play disc golf, but not challenge for the experienced player.

Nice small hidden park

5+    9/7/2009   9/8/2009
Review By: Terry C
This review was updated on 7/4/2010
Pros: -a good small park
-no water, not easy to lose a disc, i havent lost one yet and i tend to play risky.
-great new baskets
-usually not busy
-great for working on the short game
Cons: -mosquitoes are insane,bring bug spray a must
-only 9 holes
-can be confusing if youve never been here, maps are available at hole 1 sometimes or download a map from the links/file tab above.
Other Thoughts: We get lots of looks here cause were usually throwin deuces like crazy. Me and my middleville buddies usualy finish this course -1 to -6. Id be real pissed if I ended up over par here. A good beginner course but still fun for us who dont like throwing through tunneling trees, I like open fairways more. Its a mini course. Every hole is an ace or definite deuce possibility. Great hole layout for right handed throwers. Every hole here seems to have its little trick to it. The more I play this course the more i like it for some reason, its layed back here and ive improved my short game here for sure this year. Hole 9 is actually a pretty sweet hole, a tough hole to deuce. I like to go around 4-5 times usually while Im playing here.

Better than Nothing I suppose

1    9/22/2008   9/22/2008
Review By: FoleyT
Pros: New baskets. Clean little park, easy to find off of M-37 in Middleville. Maps available in a dispenser near the first hole, and you will need it because the 'next tee' isn't always easy to find otherwise. Kudos for fitting 9 holes into this tight little multi-use park, but I wouldn't want to play it on a busy day.
Cons: All the doglegs seem to favor the right hander. The distances are overwhelmingly in the 250 ft range, with two of them nearer to 300 ft and one short one at 150. Not particularly challenging, but would be a good course to work on your short game. The tees are sometimes a bit cramped, some of them backed up into a corner without enough room for a proper approach. Tees are grass, with a painted two by four flush with the ground to trip over on your wind up.
Other Thoughts: Nice to see a new course put in this remote corner of Western Michigan, but I wouldn't go out of my way to play it again.