21 Helpful / 0 Not
Top Notch Course
Pros: - EPIC! This course is nothing short of epic.
- All Baskets 27 holes. (possibly changing to 36 or more)
- Huge Elevation change on some holes, more than I've ever seen on a course.
-Every hole feels really different from the one before it, no holes are throw away holes.
- Great Scenery, on top of a mountain in So-Hum with excellent views. Everywhere you look looks like it could be a painting. It's magic this place is so beautiful that even if you are shooting like garbage, you just have to look out off the ridge and see an inspiring view and all of a sudden you have forgotten about all your bad shots.
- Big holes to really test out how far you can rip it, as well as shorter more technical holes.
- A good variety of holes that will force you to throw left, right, up big hills and down even bigger ones.
- Deer antlers that the owner found around his property top many of the baskets, making them not only easier to see, but also look cool.
- Multiple tees on every hole are different enough to make it feel like a new hole.
- New holes, tees, pin positions etc. being created all the time, when I was out there I helped Caleb design 2 new holes one with two different pin positions that would make it an entirely different hole.
- Every hole has at least a little elevation change on it.
- Multiple huge par 4 holes, as well as a huge par 5. All of which will challenge your game, and not give up easy birdies.
- Water hazards on multiple holes
- Well mowed for how huge of a property it is
Cons: - Private course. It can be a bit hard to get a tee time out here, but when you do it is an epic experience
- Dirt tee pads
- No signs, but you shouldn't be out here without a guide, so this shouldn't make too big of a difference
- Poison Oak on some holes, though we took a lot of it back before our last big tourney out there.
- Not a good course for beginners or people that have a hard time walking up and down hills.
Other Thoughts: This course is what all other courses wish they could be. There is epic scenery in every direction. You're on top of a mountain in Southern Humboldt County with views that can't be beat. You play between mixtures of rolling open meadows and tightly wooded hills. This course has lots of elevation change and is not intended for people who have a hard time with a big hike. But if you are in shape to handle this course you're in for the experience of your life. The land feels like it was made for disc golf. Every hole challenges your game in a different way, making you have to work with your full bag of tricks to pull off a good score out here. There are creeks that run through the property during the spring and a couple ponds.
The drive in can be a little dangerous as some of the locals will fly along that road, and it's pretty narrow. So take your time and drive slow and safe.
This is a private course and you need to contact Caleb before you try to go out there and play. It can be a bit hard to get a tee time out here, but when you do it is an epic experience. The owner is a really cool guy that loves to have people out to play his course, if you're going to be traveling through SoHum give him a call or shoot him a line on here he goes by "Birds".
21 of 21 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.