Really fun course
Pros: Very beautiful multi-use park
good use of elevation
shorter more technical shots
great use of trees to shape lines
wonderful disc golf experience
Cons: the tee-pads could be a little bigger
alternate tee-pads could be cool
Other Thoughts: I don't feel like a nine hole course should be held to a different rating system than an eighteen hole course so this course gets three discs cause it is a good course. Not great but the overall disc golf experience was very pleasant at this course. The holes are more challenging then they appear at first glance, especially with lots of wind! I would suggest this course to anyone looking for a quick fun round.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: * Most holes have trees in play, and many are still small / maturing, which means the challenge will increase as years go by.
* A little bit of elevation change on the first half of the course.
* The course is in good shape (other than tees) and appealing to the eye.
* Good course for beginners, with enough challenge for intermediates.
* The "tee sign" boulders are a nice touch. They even have arrows showing you the direction of the next tee.
* Holes are spread out well, so there is very little chance of interfering with anyone else.
Cons: * Very little variety in hole lengths (all are from 215' to 285').
* Depressed, dirt teepads would seem to get very muddy.
* In the mind of this lefty-backhand at least, course seems to favor righties ... more hazards on left side, and "fairways" tend to be right-to-left.
Other Thoughts: This seems like an appropriate course for my group today ... my kids, my wife, and my father-in-law. The others are all newbies, and it was windy and started to snow, but we all had fun. Advanced players probably won't get much challenge out of the course, but it's definitely worth a play if you are in the area. I'd rather play this course twice (heck, even just once) than play 18 at nearby Heritage Trails, even if that course was free.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.