Corona, CA
River Walk DGC Share
Uploaded By: mikethrice Hole #7 (Taken 6/2009)

Better than expected!

1    4/16/2017   4/16/2017
Review By: EdMiller
Pros: There were a lot of people in the park, but the small 7 hole course is designed away from the people. This is a great feature since it's like two worlds and you don't have to worry about hitting park goers. There were also several other players on the course when I was there. Although that slowed me down a bit, it was definitely not annoying.

The tees are incredible! I wish other courses would learn from these guys. They are about 20 feet long and 6 feet wide. And there's a 6x10 pad before the tee with the hole number, distance, par 3, and an arrow engraved on the concrete. Many of these mega tees are bordered with a 12" high by 12" wide rock wall. It's quite a character addition to this nicely maintained course in a nice area of town. It seems like it's a course done for these neighbouring homes. What a great idea!

I emptied my bag on the first hole but still didn't get the ace I expected on this "85 foot" hole, which feels more like 65'. I plan to go back and play this hole until I ace it.

It's only 7 baskets but the way it's laid out is very quick. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. I can't remember any course of any size that's so quick.
Cons: Backyards line the course so you've got to careful not to go over a fence. But I didn't even come close since every hole is so easy.

There is a walking path along part of the course, but this didn't trouble me. I talked to the people walking on the path and they were very interested in our sport.

The bark seems a little odd instead of grass but in our drought affected area this makes a lot of sense. Once I thought about the water shortage in the desert we live in the bark didn't bother me but seemed like a good design.

The wind was a small challenge today.
Other Thoughts: What a great "pitch and putt" course! I can't imagine a better place to bring a beginner. A player with experience can still be challenged, either by his own safari creation, or by challenging himself with a certain score. For me, I won't be happy here with my score unless it's at least 5 under.

RiverWalk alt 18 hole

5+    8/15/2010   8/17/2010
Review By: Nozzledog
Pros: Never crowded, Good use of area, Nice elevation changes. 7 hole great for beginners, 18 hole good for advanced.
Cons: Not much shade. Closest snacks 2 miles away.
Other Thoughts: This has a good 18 hole course using the same 7 baskets with alt. tees, giving a few 300'+ holes. I will try to post this map to Links.
Distances stamped in concrete are NOT correct. Take about 15' off.
I play this course often and never have had a bug problem. I always see City Parks personnel out there and they take care of any problems immediately.