McKinney, TX
Alex Clark Memorial DGC Share
Uploaded By: climber3201 Hole #7
3 / 206ft.   3 / 288ft.   3 / 206ft.   3 / 288ft. Par / Distance:

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Best course around for hot sunny days or super windy days

1    7/3/2017   7/16/2017
Review By: 34blast
Pros: Tight technical shots
Shady, nice in Texas
Very little wind
Cons: Nothing very long
Some overlap between holes
Other Thoughts: This is my go to course when too super hot or windy. It is really fun, but not overly difficult.

My Main Course - Fun!

5+    5/10/2017   5/10/2017
Review By: waterdog44
This review was updated on 5/18/2017
Pros: Shady, I can get a round in fairly quickly. I can see the basket and not have to hike to get a glimpse of it. John Houck was involved in the design. Great for beginner or intermediate such as myself. I'm sort of hooked on going over there ! Has a few holes that make me nervous about losing my disc or ruining my score : 1 , 6, 16, 17 come to mind. I really like hole 13 320ft downhill to the right with a major tree in the way. Love that hole. Never birdied but par quite a bit. Keep going left ! Hole 16 is haunted by discs in the creek memories ! Left is Scary. I keep throwing too high there. Have fun !
Cons: I have gotten some real grief over there in windy or even otherwise with the creek dangers. Losing discs , hurting my knees. Sometimes rescue the disc.
Other Thoughts: Try it you'll like it!

Favorite Course!!

5+    10/1/2016   10/4/2016
Review By: 02sportytex
Pros: - Condensed course, so you can knock out a round in a short amount of time.

- Good array of shots. You have a few wide open, a lot of narrow through trees, a couple long dog legs, and a few that make me nervous every time (like hole 1).
Cons: - No map of the course, so first time out can be a little confusing but overall the course is easy to follow.

- A few holes are so close that the baskets are less than 100 ft apart so you have to be careful on busy days not to get hit by someone going for the wrong basket.
Other Thoughts: This is my "home" course and really enjoy playing it. It is challenging for advanced players but easy enough for newbies to be able to develop skills and learn the game. Stay away from the creek at all costs if at possible. It's nearly impossible to climb up and down without help.

Good Short Course

1    9/19/2016   9/26/2016
Review By: c_a_miller
Pros: This course is a fabulous beginner course. It is easy to follow, it has tee signs on every hole and concrete tees. The baskets are also in good shape, with wood chips placed under the basket to prevent erosion on a very busy course.

Most of the holes are very short, under 300', but hole 6 and hole 16 were very challenging and fun holes. There is a ditch that runs along a few of the holes making a few of the easier holes a little bit harder.

For an expierenced player, you have the ability to get a two on every hole, now stringing them all together in one round may be a different story. I found this course has a high replay value on the fact that you leave the course wishing and knowing that you could have shot a few shots better. The course is short, but it had a high fun value to it as well.

There are longer dirt tees that give a little bit of difficulty and different looks to the basket.
Cons: I played this immediately after Towne Lake, and I was disappointed that this course was this easy and short. I think my thoughts would have been a bit different had I played this course by itself.

The area is lightly wooded and many holes are simply hyzer putter shots. Other than 6 and 16, there is not much variety in holes.

A few of the fairways could have the potential to intersect. There are mandos to prevent this, but I almost hit someone that was on the tee on the hole after the one I was playing. Being a very crowded course, this could be an issue regularly.

After a rain, this course can be a mud pit with the type of mud that really cakes onto the bottom of your shoes. Look at the previous few days weather before venturing out.
Other Thoughts: I am surprised to see this course rated only .6 lower than Towne Lake. I found this course monotonous and lacked the variety that its counterpart enjoys. Still, I enjoyed playing this course, and I would play it again. This is a better course to introduce a new player at, and it is even fun for an advanced player to get that elusive perfect -18 round.

Great short - shaded course

5+    8/29/2015   8/30/2015
Review By: Rodmon
Pros: + The shade (next best course is Lake Lewisville)
+ Glorious tall trees on Holes 3-6
+ Well layout excellent use of space
+ Short, but next time I'll try long tees
+ Clean park & concrete tees
+ Challenging creek near by
Cons: - Dry now but after a rain very sticky muddy
- Busy on saturdays & sundays
- Challenging creek along side most holes
- Creek bank is steep and water surprisingly deep, lotta lost discs down there
Other Thoughts: Just threw 18 yesterday, after pulling a ham string, so I wanted short, fairly level course to walk. Threw 4 lay ups (putting range) & felt pretty good. When I was throwing everyday, few summers ago, played partners with a local kid & we threw 9 under. He said he's seen 12 under for the course?

Fun little course

1    5/7/2015   8/11/2015
Review By: MountainValleyDG
Pros: This course was a blast! I can the community getting a ton of new players having a course like this in the area. Almost all hole are reachable in one throw. Course winds around a steep banked creek that will eat your discs, luckily locals have created paths down for retrieval. Nice tee pads! LOTS OF SHADE!
Cons: Short. Not that it's a real con.... That's the only thing I could think of
Other Thoughts: Would be a get place to get a quick 18 holes in...

Good Quality Practice Course

5+    7/1/2015   7/6/2015
Review By: brekko
Pros: This course is an easier, shorter place to hone the finer points of your game. You can easily complete it with 2-3 discs provided you steer clear of the water.

Most holes provide the opportunity to test out different lines and the baskets are all in good shape.

The creek that borders several of the holes provides some degree of difficulty but does not require pinpoint accuracy to avoid.
Cons: Some of the holes are too short or have no obstacles from tee to green and the area itself is not very secluded or "naturey".
Other Thoughts: Great for a short afternoon round without too much exertion. Not great for a sanctioned tournament.

1    9/25/2014   9/29/2014
Review By: nateoman5
Pros: Short Course, great for working on your short game.
Nice people playing the course, very friendly.
Cons: I put 2 in the creek.
Other Thoughts: Met a guy the locals call "Scuba Ron" who was walking thru the creek and gathering lost discs in the water. He was nice enough to throw my disc back up to me from the creek bed.

Great for putter practice

5+    5/9/2014   5/9/2014
Review By: Notorious21
Pros:
- Great shade from the Texas sun
- Many ace-able holes to get your heart pumping
- Tall, mature trees
- Not much tall grass or foliage to lose a disc in
- Plays very fast, if not crowded
Cons:
- Steep-walled creek in play on a few holes
- Little elevation change
- Few driver-bombable holes
- Crowded
This is a fun little course. It definitely helps me improve my short game, although I miss being able to rip big drives. Nearly every whole is birdie-able, and many ace-able, so if you're just looking to have fun and not challenge yourself too much, this is the course to play.

Ace runs!

1    3/15/2014   4/28/2014
Review By: Slimrn
Pros: -Nice short 18 hole course with concrete tees.

-Plenty of ace runs and a bucket of birdies.

-Great beginner course or wonderful for warm ups.

-Pretty hard to lose one out here.

-There is a bathroom!
Cons: -After a while the shots feel repetitive.

-Some signs missing.

-Well groomed course.
Other Thoughts: This place makes a nice warmup for Towne Lake.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6