Cypress, TX
Wortham Trail Share
Uploaded By: ThePatrick
Sign

Share URL:

Course/Park has been fully redesigned

1    7/12/2017   7/14/2017
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: 9 Mach V baskets
Tee pads for each hole, abet short ones
Cons: No tee signs
no basket numbers
only hole 5 tee box has a 5 written on it
Grass was mowed with a bushog recently, it is rough to say the least.
Other Thoughts: Parking is an issue here. It is suppose to be a private park for people who live in the area. I parked at the tennis/pool parking lot and walked over to what my map said was hole 1.

Well, after attempting to follow the map I had, I realized the course had been redesigned and my map was useless.

They have added some walking paths, a dog park and a pavilion with a playground in the park.

I have no idea of the flow of the course, I just played holes as I found them.

Looks like they mowed recently, but the grass was super thick before they mowed so there were lots of loose grass everywhere and an uneven mowing job.

They holes were mostly open and had some distance on several of the.

Would I play here again?

Well, if they put in tee signs (even tee posts) and mowed regularly, I might attempt to play this course again. But as it is right now, I would not go back.

Good for a Quick Round!

1    11/30/2011   12/4/2011
Review By: Goliath
Pros: Permanent tee and baskets. Nice and open. Good to practice your form and keep in shape. If you only have an hour drop in and play because it plays rather fast about an hour. Tees generally have an arrow point towards the basket.
Cons: Small concrete tees. No room for run up on tee off. Grass is just high enough to make locating a disc slightly challenging. Hole #6 is there just to get you to hole #7.
Other Thoughts: On hole #5. Tee box points almost 45 degrees away from the basket. When playing we found a yellow stake at the 2nd big tree directly in front of the tee (about 150' out). Our thoughts is that the design was meant to play around those trees as a mandatory. That's the way we have been playing it. Park across the bridge at the pool/tennis courts.
Have fun!

Great because it's close

1    6/1/2009   6/1/2009
Review By: ThePatrick
Pros: It's really close to my house. Enough said. Other than that, it's a great place to air out some drives. For just a local little 9 hole, it's actually a longer course. 6 of the 9 are over 300' from first guess. There is no real technical challenge, but it's great for learning distance. Wind could play a big factor as it's open and really close to a lake. There is a practice basket with over 100' of space in every direction. All 10 baskets are Discatchers with inner chains.
Cons: There's not enough technical challenge. The park could greatly use a few strategically planted trees. It's also really high grass (almost waist high in spots) so finding discs even on normal "fairway" shots. I got cut up pretty bad walking through it.
Other Thoughts: This has potential to be a great little neighborhood course. There are enough places to put in some longer/alternate tees, possibly to incorporate the lake into play. Mowing would be greatly appreciated here.