Orrington, ME
DR Disc Golf - Lynx Share
Uploaded By: Murfshay22 Hole #11 (Taken 9/2009)

Wooded, but a surprising gem

1    7/1/2017   7/12/2017
Review By: HumorMe
Pros: - Good baskets.
- Wood chips. Entire fairways, not just the holes. Kept things dry despite one of the rainiest June's I can remember in Maine.
- No undergrowth. This course is entirely in the woods, yet there was no undergrowth. It bears repeating: no undergrowth! Wow.
- Shop
- Map on the back of scorecard
- Almost all holes had clear lanes. Probably all, but a couple asked for more accuracy than I have to give.
Cons: - Wooden tees. I rank them a con more for being unfamiliar than for any serious problem. They were ok when I played though, so I didn't take points off for this.
- Could be better marked.
- Short on variety. No streams, very little elevation change, and no fields whatsoever. Trees are the only obstacle, and they do a good job with them, but it makes the holes all feel the same.
Other Thoughts: Yes, it's short on variety, but I'm still giving it a 4 because it impressed the hell out of me. I love the Maine woods. It's one of the reasons I play disc golf in the first place. But undergrowth leads to tics and lost discs which are not fun. This course has eliminated undergrowth, and that makes all the difference. My hat is off to these guys. I've got to get back up there and play again!

Mostly woods but well done

5+    7/14/2012   7/30/2012
Review By: headbangerdiscus
This review was updated on 7/28/2013
Pros: concrete pad tees
some fun up and down hilly holes
well kept
stocked pro shop
plenty of woodchips for a clean course floor, easy to find your disc
portapotty about halfway through course
lots of picnic tables
Cons: Mostly wooded, would be nice to have more variety in hole elements.
Not many open, let 'er rip holes (skill/accuracy/tomahawks a must)
Other Thoughts: Nice course, well maintained. All concrete pad tees. lots of picnic tables to rest at. Easy navigation. Not as much thick brush/tall grass to lose your disc in. Lots of clearing done with clean woodchip floor. Mostly a trip through woods but there are a few field holes, and nice hard rights and lefts, and couple ups and downs keep it interesting. Pro shop stocked with discs, bags, baskets, snacks, drinks. Owner is nice, gave me a good deal on a bag. he said another course is underway here. he let me test drive several discs until i found one that really worked for me. I am sure I will be back several times as this is close to home!

great course

5+    4/26/2010   4/29/2010
Review By: davistd0
Pros: This is a fun and challenging course to play for golfers of all skill levels. The course is easy to follow with signs at each basket pointing towards the tee for the next hole. Most of the tees are cement pads, a few are wood chips because those holes may change in the near future to accomadate an additional course. Good variety of tee shots: hyzers, anhyzers, some straight up the middle.
Cons: The day after rain, some of the holes can be pretty water logged, especially in the spring. The staff is quick to lay down fresh wood chips to absorb/cover the water though.
Other Thoughts: Good course, friendly owner and staff in the club house. Check out their blog at http://www.orringtondiscgolf.blogspot.com /