Valdosta, GA

1 2 3 Next >
  Great Course!!!

5+    4/24/2010   5/5/2010
Review By: Magg
Pros: Great variety of shots, some long distance shots but there is still a focus on accuracy that makes the course fun even for those that can not bomb it off the tee. Work is still going on to improve course conditions and it gets better every time.
Cons: Sometimes the wooded areas can be hard to get through because of mud, but I love the challenge!.
Other Thoughts: Very enjoyable course to play. Great practice area to warm-up on before going out to play. Very clean and fun course.

1st time through

1    3/16/2010   3/16/2010
Review By: PhillyDiscGolfer
Pros: This Course had a lot of fun holes at distances that really were great for needing an accurate drive. Lots of tight tree shots for added fun. Also having several open shots, this course lets you really rip a few too. 18 is very, very long and through several dozen wires holding up high tension power lines. The middle is open making for the longest straight shot I've ever seen anyone need, over seven hundred feet I believe.
Cons: Some tee pads are just marked on the grass. Some are dirt and a few are even rubber but not many. It looks like they are working on getting rubber on all the holes. Some tee pads are hard to find as they are still obviously being made permanent, but they are all there. Also if you do not know the course a walk up is needed on many holes to locate the basket as there are no signs for basket placement, or hole length, on any hole yet.
Other Thoughts: Some course construction is still under way but it is completely playable as is. While I played today, trees were being timbered on hole seven. Everyone was very friendly. They wouldn't let me skip the hole and let me play though to be the first to play it. I took a par which is nice to not Bog in front of an audience.

Lastly, The course is all the way to the back of Freedom park. You'll see the announcement board on the left which has a very nice hole layout of the course. If you photograph this with a phone before setting out for reference, some holes that are a little confusing as to pin placement will be made a little clearer.

Happy Golfing from the PhillyDiscGolfer!

1    2/9/2010   2/12/2010
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: Nice peice of parcel to have a DGC on ( it was a shame the designer didn't know how to utilize the space better). I loved the tunnel shot through the dense forrest of pines, especially the hole in which the basket was placed at the edge of the hill (unfortunately where the basket is and where the next tee area is, is pretty darn close).

If they hadn't had "NEXT TEE" signs in this park I would been screaming even louder of the dismay I had of this DGC.

I liked the "Island" hole, but thought that should be their last hole and not their first.
Cons: diretions to park states "Go west on 122 to a right on Hwy 125." I traveled 8 miles one way out of my way, only to discover that the directions should of stated Go EAST on 122 to a right on Hwy 125. BIG WHOOPS here. don't go west, unless you don't want to play this DGC.

Tee Signs, where we're they?? After a 1/2 hour mis direction to the park on behalf of BAD DIRECTIONS, I'm at the park and now I don't have directions to the baskets. I'm really highly aggitated now. And wish that the person who gave all the information to this DGC would identify themselves.

With the land they had, I thought the baskets could be placed in more difficult positions than what we played.

Holes # 2 and # 3 we're closed due to nearby construction.

home made bridges crossing creeks we're dangerous to walk over easily.
Other Thoughts: See Cons.

Freedom Park

1    1/19/2010   1/21/2010
Review By: StPaulie
Pros: New park and is the first disc golf course in the Valdosta area. This course is not far from I75 and once you find the park the course is easy to find. It is a very scenic and clean park and the course is set off by itself so there should not be interference from other park users. There were few people around when I played, but those that were there were very friendly and helpfull. Navigating the course was fairly easy due to the many temporary "next tee" signs placed all around the course. There is plenty of space here and the holes are separated well. However this does make some good walks between a few holes. The available terrain is well used in this design. There are multiple tees at most holes. However the tees are rubber pads and natural areas marked by colored stakes. I found the rubber pads very playable. There are a number of wetland or run off ponds used including the first hole, the basket is placed onto a peninsula. There are multiple challenges used, some baskets are placed within or next to clumps of trees there are baskets placed at the top of small hills, and at the edge of small streams. I found the course had a very nice combination of wooded holes and longer open holes. You will play over and next to water to test your nerves. As this course matures it should continue to improve.
Cons: The purest among us will find the lack of concrete tee pads a major negative, I did not the rubber pads were very playable. My biggest negative is the lack of signage at any of the holes. Hopefully this is due to the newness of the course and is in someone's plan to rectify. The next tee signs should be made from a more permanent material or will need periodic replacement. The first hole plays along the parking lot, an errant shot could hit a car. There a couple of places where you will have to cross water, these places could stand to have improved crossing.
Other Thoughts: This is a very nice addition to the disc golfing community of Georgia. The park is not yet completed, work on the baseball fields was ongoing the day I played so I fully expect this park will be much improved as time goes on. It is a very enjoyable and challenging course to play. You will find a nice variety of holes. The only real challenge missing here is elevation change, but there is very little elevation change in this part of the state. I had a great time and fully intend to play again when I am in the area.

5+    11/9/2009   11/10/2009
Review By: Earthdigger
Pros: Great course. Hardly any noise, because of being set back in the woods. Good 18 hole course. I go about 3 times a week and haven't seen any traffic yet through course. So its not crowded at all.
Cons: Only 18 holes, would like to see 24. and no concrete tees yet.
Other Thoughts: Umm I see they have pads on white tee. but nothing on blue or red.

About Time

2-4    8/24/2009   8/26/2009
Review By: Thunder3434
Pros: Great layout flows well. Three tees for almost the whole course. The red and white are great for beginners to intermediate the blue tees are brutally long.
Cons: Still needs some cleaning on some holes.
Other Thoughts: No tee pads yet. They are coming if this course had concrete tees it would be a five. This is a real must play in south Georgia.

1 2 3 Next >