6 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: Everything, it's challenging, great elevation changes, fun course overall, upkept by the guy who runs the course. the "expert" holes are fun, throwing over the ravines was fun, my buddy's disc landed in it...which was entertaining to watch him retrieve it, but none the less fun. Also, the view of the alps was breath taking, amazing sight. wish we had more than one day.
Cons: None, other than is was a little muddy when we came but we showed up after a week of rain
Other Thoughts: there were cows grazing when we came but we were told that they are here to eat the grass...free landscaping...they only stay for a limited time, then they will be gone from the course. There is a fee. but it's to help upkeep the course which is worth it, the tees are well marked and the baskets are nice. Great course!!!! and the view was spectacular
6 of 10 people found this review helpful.
12 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: This course has the potential to be a 5.0 course...it's absolutely phenomenal!
Here are the pros in order of significance.
1. The breath taking Allgäu panorama seen from the first tee. I spent half an hour just sitting on the first tee staring at the mountains. The scenery here is fantastic and unlike anything else I've ever played.
2. The awesome variety of shots here. #1 and #5 are awesome downhill touch shots. #2 and #7-14 are in the woods shots while the other half is wide open. There's a fair mix of right hand vs. left hand too.
3. Great course equipment. Great Crosslap baskets, several wooden tees, course signs on by every tee, and a huge course map and 'caddy shack' at the beginning of the course.
4. Nicely taken care of. The fields aren't overgrown and discs are usually pretty easy to find if you know the general area that it landed in. In the woods there are lots of bridges (except for the much needed bridges on #11 and #12) and abundant signs so navigating is much easier.
5. Two "expert" hole (#11 and #12) which play over a creek that's in a 15 feet deep ravine thing.
Cons: Without a doubt the biggest con...pay to play. I just uploaded prices in the Links/Files section. It's not cheap at all and a huge factor that held me back from giving this a 5.0.
2. A lot of people say that the holes are too short, but I think the distances are reasonable.
3. Very difficult to play when wet. Since half the course is on a fairly steep hill and the other half plays through slanted forest where the ground is mud, you'll be slipping and sliding like crazy.
4. 14 holes? If this gets upgraded to a full 18, put me down for a 5.0 :)
Other Thoughts: Without a doubt in my mind one of the best courses in Germany and a fantastic disc golf destination. If you're in the area, definitely come and check it out. It's scenically one of the prettiest places I've ever been and the course is absolutely phenomenal. Thumbs up for the Allgäu!!
12 of 13 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.