0 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Challenging shots. Many of the holes take a mixture of throwing styles to obtain par. Fairly well maintained park.
Cons: Large pond plays a part in 3-4 holes. Discs can get lossed easily. One hole plays entirely in the deep trees. Another hole requires throwing across a very large ravine-encompassed by large trees.
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 4 Not
Pretty Good Course
Pros: Nice Concrete tee pads.
Nice open course you can let loose on it.
couple hard holes
Cons: Signs only on the front 9.
Hard to follow the last nine holes
Signs are not to easy to read.
If you can't drive 300' I wouldn't play here.
Other Thoughts: Nice course, might suggest playing the first nine the last nine are kinda hard to find.
0 of 4 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: * well maintained course
* Concreat Tee Pads on 18 of 19 Holes
* Starting to add Tee signs
* Great use of land scape using Elavation, Trees, Water and fencing
* you will need to use all the shots you have in your arsonal (And then wish you had a few more)
* 3 Great Risk/Reward shots ( hole 4 beside pond, Hole 9 across pond, Hole 13 across revein.)
* bathrooms near hole 16 and at Tee of 17.
* able to fill water bottle at bathrooms
* Great use of all sections of this park
Cons: * No sign at start of course to tell players from out of town course layout.
* Signs on only 8 of the first 9 holes
* 3 Tees marked on Signs but only one tee pad.
* All course tee's are marked as par 3 (This can be fustrating for new and casual players, Advanced and pro players alredy play by 3's no need to mark on signs)
* Would like to see better signs (Hold a Turnament to raise funds for profesinal looking signs)
* long walk from 9 to 10 adding a hole in there would have helped
* No Concrete pad for 15 (Marked by orange Discraft flags that park users take making it hard to find the tee for 15
* poor layout on 18 and 19 (after making the shot down the hill for 18 you must walk back up the same hill for 19)
* Long walk from 19 to parking lot at start
Other Thoughts: This could be come a great course with the adition of sighns on all holes and adjust course pars for beginers. ( Advanced players know to play by 3's). This is by far the most challanging course in Ottumwa, but it is very slow in being completely finished. With all the pros and cons this course is still a must play for any advanced player and well worth travling to and by playing other Ottumwa courses can make a great day of Disc Golf.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.