Possibly the worst course I've played
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: + It's a disc golf course.
+ It almost has 9 functional baskets.
+ There are plenty of ace runs.
+ There are one or two holes that deviate from the "Throw a putter 80-150' straight" formula
Cons: - There is nothing indicating the tees whatsoever. No tees, no tee signs, no kickboards, no 50 cent flags in the ground, nothing at all. I had to guess based on the DGCR map where to throw.
- Two baskets are in disrepair. #3 has no cage at all, and #5 I think it was has a cage that's fallen to the ground. The rest of the baskets are rusty and look like something out of Fallout 3.
- It plays on an elementary school. This severely limits when you can play.
- There is no challenge at all. If you take a 3 on any of these holes, consider it a bogey. I felt bad if I landed more than 10' from any of the baskets, no joke.
Other Thoughts: Don't come to this course unless your kid goes to this school.
Its a good course for kids attending the school aside from the complete lack of signage and the terrible condition of the baskets. If I were an elementary school aged kid, I think I'd find the holes fun.
As an adult, I don't plan to ever come back to this course.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 1 Not
Course needs some TLC
Pros: If you keep in mind who this course is aimed for, it meets its goal. For anyone not in elementary school, it's lacking in almost every imaginable way.
- This is a great ace race type of course. Every single hole is aceable.
- Course is short, only need to carry a mid-range or putter. Most holes are in the 100 - 150 foot range, with only #6 playing longer. I played through twice with only a Roc, and never was lacking distance.
- Quick, easy course to play. I played through twice in 30 minutes.
- Very nice piece of land. Slight elevation comes in to play on 3 holes (#1, 2 & 7).
Cons: There's almost no variety to the shots. Every one is straight to very-slight dogleg.
- Very little in the way of obstacles / trees that come into play. The trees that could come into play are easy enough to throw around and still make a run at the basket.
- Lack of signage for the course. Tee pads / tee areas are small, concrete squares. Most were easy to find, except for #6 because the tee square is surrounded by other cement blocks on the back side of the school building.
- Because holes are so short, and there are no teepads, it always felt like I was throwing approach shots instead of tee shots.
- Basket for #3 was broken. Your tee shot shouldn't be more than 5 - 10 feet from the basket anyways, so it shouldn't matter too much.
- The biggest lost disc possibilities I noticed on the course are long on #1 & possibly landing on the roof on #6. This hole plays along the back side of the school, so any shot that fades to the right might land up there.
Other Thoughts: This course was bad because it was short and wide open. Even a short course like Fewell in Rock Hill is wooded, so there's some challenge. Imagine the short holes at Dorton Park in Concord (#1, 2 & 4), and turns those into a 9 hole course. That's what this course is.
- The distance on the website are clearly wrong. #6 was clearly the longest hole - playing approx 200 feet. Every other hole I was able to reach throwing 2/3 power (or less). #7 was a joke of a hole. Downhill, short hole (maybe 100 foot, if that) that plays shorter because its downhill.
- This sums up my feelings about the course. I got a 1 on #9 and don't know if it should be considered a genuine ace because it's such an easy hole. It also didn't help that almost every tee shot was landing within 5 feet of the basket. I aimed to finish with score of 36 playing through twice (18 holes). I just missed it, got a 37, and feel disappointed.
- This course is one of the worst two I've played. The only reason this one isn't getting a 0 is because this would be fun to play as an ace race. I got 1 "ace" and barely missed 2 or 3 others. Get several people playing together and you should see multiple aces here.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: The course was very clean and if you lived close to the school it would be a convenient place to practice your short game and putting.
Cons: No variations to shots and short to a fault. No signs or teepads, though you can find dead grass spots here and there where people have been throwing from. Several holes you can jump putt from the tee.
Other Thoughts: Not a course worth going out of your way to play.
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.