Round Rock, TX
Cedar Valley Middle School Share
Uploaded By: MarcCMcC Hole #4 (Taken 2/2010)

There Are Two Missing Baskets, Aren't There?

1    9/28/2017   9/28/2017
Pros: Cedar Valley Middle School is an older school. The baskets are placed around the school sprawling athletic complex (This is Texas, after all). There are no pads and no signs. The baskets are older DGA models. Note to Old Settler's DGC, even this puddly little middle school course can put numbers in their basket!

You're either playing safari or you're playing basket to basket. I attempted to go the basket to basket route. I don't believe you could call my feeble attempt successful. I started off well enough playing across the field, just past the scoreboard, to the # 1 basket. Next I threw to the # 2 basket near the shot putt pit. That's when things hit a snag. I looked around and saw two baskets, one all the way across the field and the other one up near the football 50 yard line. I tried the far one. It was # 4. The basket at the 50 was # 5. By now, my course flow was down the toilet,

So now, I'm searching for # 6. There is another huge field our behind a fenced water collection basin. So I marched over there in my quest for # 6. I did find # 8 here. And way, way back in the corner was a basket. It would make sense if it was the # 7. I had seen a basket near the basketball courts and track. It was # 9.

So I think it's a 9 hole course missing # 3 and 6. So for those of you who don't want to take your shoes and socks off, that makes this a 7 hole course. Or those baskets might be sitting there in plain sight and that would make me a piss poor course bagger.
Cons: Gees, if old Cedar Valley just had the two AWOL baskets, this would be a decent middle school course, not good, just decent.

No tee pads.

No signage.

Two missing baskets.

Not much line shaping needed here.

Basket 8 close to fenced drainage basin.

Basket 9 close to running track and BB courts
Other Thoughts: The best compliment I can give Cedar Valley Middle School's disc golf course is, it was a pretty comfortable bag for this course bagger. I hope the school is getting some use out of it for either PE classes or maybe, an after school club or activity. It doesn't appear that the community is using it much.

1    3/15/2013   3/17/2013
Review By: tkmcdougal
Pros: I like how more and more middle school/ universities are providing a course for their students. The baskets as mentioned below were nice Mach II's. Some of the latter holes 6-8 had some good distances.
Cons: The course doesn't have any signage to help you navigate. Hole 1 is right by the bleachers and 9 ends on the other side of bleachers. The tee pads face the way to the basket they correspond to. There isnt any obstacles except hole 6 dog leg right. Everything else is pretty open.
Other Thoughts: This isn't a course that will wow you but at least they have a course accessible to their students that will introduce them to the game.

Short, Fun, but Confusing

2-4    8/2/2010   8/20/2010
Review By: Chain_Smoker
Pros: Definitely the course if you're looking for a morale boost. Simply the best for your shot at your first ACE! I haven't gotten one, but maybe someday... Good baskets also. That's about it.
Cons: The absolute worst thing about this course is that IT HAS NO INDICATION OF WHERE THE START OF THE HOLE IS! You have NO idea where to throw from. There's not even as much as a patch of dead grass to show you so my friends and I just stand about 10 feet behind and to the right of each basket and throw from there. Short holes, no change in scenery, and the only hazards are ridiculously challenging to get to or get through. Hole #13 and #18 are right next to a sewage ditch thing surrounded by a chain link fence. Don't mess up or it's the pit for you.
Other Thoughts: This course is only good if you're looking for something quick and easy. Definitely an Ace course but if you're having a bad day, you're probably going to throw something into the woods out there and have to walk around this huge surrounding fence to get to it.

Better Than I Thought

1    2/28/2010   2/28/2010
Review By: Cody
This review was updated on 3/5/2010
Pros: Course has some good distance on a few o' the later holes.
Hole 6 was my favorite-- a long slight dogleg right, I would almost rate it a par 4.
Pretty easy access if you happen to throw over the fence anywhere on the edge of the school property via multiple gateways.
Quality baskets-- DGA Mach II
Cons: It's almost all completely wide open with next to no obstacles, unless you count the other multiple people running on the track or trails.
No "official" tees, just throw next to basket you just finished.
No elevation changes to speak of, except a bit up on 5, and a bit down on 6.