6 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Nice neighborhood park in the middle of town.
- Good usage of the whole park for the eighteen holes. You won't feel cramped.
- Once you know where you're going, it does flow pretty well, wrapping around nicely.
- Mandos add a nice challenge to a few holes.
- Multiple pin placements add variety. I've played twice, and I've noticed some baskets were in different spots, so it looks like they try to keep it fresh by moving them around.
- The signage is good, showing both pin placements, feet to basket, and where the mandos are if any are present.
- If it ever rained in the Panhandle, there would be some nice water holes, also adding to the challenge.
Cons: - If you're playing for the first time, it'll be tough to find the starting point without a map. There isn't a billboard or sign telling you where hole one is. I recommend some sort of course map if you're new to it.
- Another reason the map comes in handy? It will help you find the next tee box. For the most part it isn't a problem, but the tee signs, while nice, aren't tall, and therefore not that visible at times. The baskets have marks on them that I'm guessing are there to point you in the right direction, but when the baskets get moved around, they don't take time to make sure they line up with where the next tee box is.
- There are some spots of the course that would benefit greatly from park maintenance. A lot of tall grass needs to be cut. Spent some time pulling needle like grass out of my shoes and socks.
Other Thoughts: While most of the course is pretty open, holes 13-16 are reason enough to check this place out. They're located across the street after hole 12 and don't even look like they fit in with the rest of the course. You'll have to hit some tree gaps on 14-16, which is something missing from the other holes, and if it ever rained, water would become a factor. All in all, this course is worth checking out, and I don't mind making the drive from Amarillo to play it. I will definitely play it again.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.