Orefield, PA
Wehr's Dam/Covered Bridges Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #6 (Taken 6/2017)

Share URL:

< Prev 1 2 3 4
A solid variety of par 3's in a beautiful park

5+    4/13/2017   4/15/2017
Review By: PRC90
Pros: Good variety (shots, elevation, distances, etc)
Just long enough without becoming tiresome.
Benches/Places to rest at (almost) every hole.
Very, very well maintained.
Good warm up area (big open field and a practice basket right by hole 1)
Very little/no hazard
Cool feature holes

Cons: Parking lot is a little small for the amount of traffic this course see's.
Course can become very muddy and stay muddy for a bit.

Other Thoughts: Alright, full disclaimer: This was the first course I ever played but for the sake of DCGR I'll try to keep that bias out and get down to a objective review.

So this course is in fact a par 3 course... but it doesn't feel like a typical par 3 course in the sense that everything is super short and easy to birdie. The variety on this course speaks to how thoughtful the layout was. You spend a good amount of time in the woods but the holes that play out in the open play well and give you a good chance to stretch your arm out. You have features that range from top of the world shots utilizing elevation to blind down hill shots and of course the Rock feature (by the way the thumber over the top is the only acceptable line for that hole) that will keep you interested the whole way through. The maintenance on this course is top notch and all concrete teepads is an absolute treat. Some people say this is a good beginner course but I can attest that on my first trip out... I was overwhelmed and unless that friend is pretty athletic you might want to take them somewhere a little easier. It's definitely geared towards novices to am's but I like to think even a skilled player could enjoy themselves on this course. Distance wise this course hits a sweet spot making it long enough to feel like some exercise but not leaving you tired by the end of a round. That being said do budget yourself a decent amount of time to play this course as it is not a lightning round kind of setup you do one pretty big loop through the park. To cover my cons: when it rains this course can get really rough, with so much of the ground being pretty soft once you get into the woods it gets slippery and muddy fast mix that with hilly/rocky fairways and its easy to lose footing. Overall I think 3.5 is a fair score, this course is very well put together, well maintained, and well loved but it isn't going to be featured on the PDGA tour anytime soon.

Nice short course / beginner course

5+    2/10/2017   2/21/2017
Review By: sbilger16
Pros: - Great place to bring a beginner
- Good for a quick putter only round
- Well kept
Cons: - Really short course for intermediate / advanced players
- Can get crowded on weekends / afternoons
Other Thoughts: None that I can think of

Great course

5+    1/15/2017   2/5/2017
Review By: ROTFLandmines
This review was updated on 2/14/2017
Pros: Well maintained
Great course design
Cons: Sometimes crowded
Other Thoughts: This is my favorite local course. A lot of diversity and great use of the area that is allotted. I would highly recommend playing here. Its a great place to take new players.

Neat course with short but fun holes

1    6/11/2016   6/11/2016
Review By: Gavin0
Pros: The couse is very neat with new pads and signs.
Although the holes are short, they are fun and slightly challenging, and there are some longer holes aswell.
There are some unique holes which I liked, hole 6 and 9 are my favorites.
Cons: Because the holes are placed so closely to each other, you may have to wait for a adjacent hole to become empty which makes the course crowded. A couple holes have a drop off so I would recommend to be careful if you aren't familiar with the hole.
Other Thoughts: Hole 18 is not clear to find, you must cross the small bridge again and follow the gravel path.
This course is great for beginners especially because of the short holes, and fun for more experienced players because of technical throws.

New Tee Box Signs

5+    4/19/2016   4/19/2016
Review By: T-Bone
Pros: New tee box signs have been added to make the course even easier for new players. Well rounded course with a little bit of every type of obstacle (mainly trees).

Very clean park/course! Cudos to the Township workers!
Cons: Can get busy at times.
Other Thoughts: The new tee box signs are really nice. I wish every course had signage like this (especially when I'm playing a course for the first time). Also, the #3 basket was moved higher up the hill for added difficulty (I liked that move).

Always one of my favorite courses!

Fantastic course to throw and grow

5+    3/23/2016   3/23/2016
Review By: gregneely0
Pros: Concrete Tees on every hole
Great open shots to practice driving
Cool elevation changes on holes 7 - 12,
Good for practicing those long drives.
Tees are very easy to find and not far of a walk to the next one.
Not hard to find a disc when lost.
Cons: Can get very busy at times.
Parking will be limited

Shots you normally wont take

1    7/3/2015   7/29/2015
Review By: SmurfItchy
This review was updated on 8/4/2015
Pros: This course was a lot of fun! There were so many shots that I have never taken before, which makes you think "how do I do this and what disc should I use". I really enjoyed 6 you could either go over, left or right around a huge bolder. As well as 12 its just down hill and if throw it over you will go into a riven.
Cons: I really did not like 16, directrly left of the fairway is a hidden river with a very small chance of getting your disc back. And if I was not with a person that had played this course before, who warned me about the water. I would have never known it dropped off that fast and it was that close! It is really hidden so watch out!
Other Thoughts: This course was a high risk / high reward kind of course which I really enjoy. There were a bunch of throws where you could go for it all which is risky or go safe. Overall this was a great course that takes a couple times through to fully understand what the best shot is for each hole! I cant wait to go back again.

Fun Course

1    7/16/2015   7/18/2015
Review By: Crooow
Pros: Cement tee pads. Excellent tee signs (see photos). Baskets catch very well. A couple of unique holes (6, 12). Nice park. Navigation mostly easy. Good drainage - played the day after it rained and the course had little water on it. Nice mix of holes. Single basket but multiple pin positions so it can play a little differently each time. Has a practice basket. Can get some birdies to help your confidence; a local told us that one guy has aced #12 six times (not that surprising).
Cons: All holes are short (see hole info here). Some of the fairways play close to each other (more of a problem for inexperienced players but this type of course is appropriate for them). Some of the baskets are hard to see from the tee even though they are in the open. Non-obvious long walk from 17 to 18. A few of the wooded holes do not have any clear lines - some people might consider that a 'Pro'.
Other Thoughts: Use the aerial map from this site (the first map provided is worthless). My favorite hole is #6 where the basket is at the top of a hill behind a boulder; it's a blind heave but I liked it. Hole 12 is a very short downhill hole - classic risk/reward. I liked a few of the others as well (3, 10, 15). It definitely has a fun factor. It will not challenge the experienced player but if you go i knowing that, you can still have a good time. Played with a local which made navigation easy. They are moving the tee (and perhaps the basket on 16) because of a bike path.
Tee signs must have imp[roved after many of the reviews here. Next enhancement I would do is to make the baskets more visible (color, flags, something). "Birdie Alley" could get old - too many short holes in a row.

Short Stack

2-4    7/30/2014   8/23/2014
Review By: jbetz45453
Pros: Concrete tee pads. Nice variety of holes as some are in the open and some are in the woods.
Cons: Needs new signs as it could be hard to figure out where to go your first time here. It is a little short overall with only a few longer holes. Seems like a birdie on most of the holes here is like getting a par most other places.
Other Thoughts: I enjoy playing here. Was lucky enough to be following a group ahead of me the first time I was here so i was able to get around easily.

easy and fun

5+    7/12/2014   7/13/2014
Review By: cmjar
This review was updated on 8/30/2015
Pros: some of the things about this course is there is a lot of variety from throwing over a rock to throwing off a cliff. another one of my favorites is the ability to launch your disc and my last one is they have some tight shots. covered bridges is a good warm up type place if you want to play Jordan or other hard courses in the area. my last reason is sixteen has a new tee because the old one kept getting flooded so now it is directly behind seventeen's tee.
Cons: I have two problems with this course. my first complaint the holes are not spaced out good enough so there is a chance of getting hit. my second complaint is people don't have the right etiquette meaning too many people in a group and they don't let you play through.
Other Thoughts: my other thoughts are the course needs to have directions telling you where to go I played it enough to know now but my first time it was a little difficult navigating.

< Prev 1 2 3 4