Everett, WA
Silver Lake Excalibur DGC Share
Uploaded By: sillybizz Hole #4 (Taken 12/2010)

Easy Fun

5+    9/2/2011   10/27/2011
Review By: Cinque
Pros: Disc golf courses have vibes and vibes can change depending on the day and time. I've played this course more than a few times now and I've changed it up by arriving at different times on different days. The vibe remained consistent.

Silver Lake disc golf course is a peaceful and fun nine-hole spread with a spectacular view of the lake and big beautiful trees towering over head. Each hole is equipped with exceptional Flypads and shiny DGA Mach III baskets.

The layout is extremely easy to navigate and the footage of each hole doesn't exceed 325 ft. (99 m). Since the holes are short this is a great course for beginners, or folks that simply want to practice their short game. This is also a great course to practice running putters.

I believe the designer did everything right with the land that was available. As a father that likes to drag his child out to the course in a stroller, Silver Lake is perfect due to the pathway that snakes its way around the course. I'm not forced to subject my daughter to the bumpy fairway and slight elevation on some holes.

The park as a whole is beautiful with easy access to bathrooms and trash cans. There is also an abundance of parking.
Cons: I knew going into this "course review" part of my life I would have a hard time with the cons section, because I'm extremely easy to please. If there are baskets (or targets) and tee pads I'm usually happy.

The only aspects of a course that strike up the opinionated side of me are litter and dubious people. Silver Lake has always been clean and the people have always been nice to me.

After forcing myself to think of something constructive I remembered that I like easy courses to have multiple basket positions. The basket positions at Silver Lake are fixed, but I bet I would go back more often if I knew the positions would be different.
Other Thoughts: Make sure you play this course with all the pathways OB. That makes for a more interesting round and creates a sort of island hole on number five. Also, I've heard (or read, I can't remember) that the course may be extended to 18 holes by using the land across the street. I'm for it! I'll even volunteer time to help make it happen.

Whew! First course review logged.

Fun for All

2-4    8/15/2011   8/16/2011
Review By: puttputt
Pros: This is a great course to take beginners and youngsters (probably a con for some). The course plays by a beautiful lake with great food/restroom accommodations. The park official in charge of maintenance is a great guy. He told us the layout, and was working on creating paths to the next tee pads. This course will not require a driver, but does offer a few skill shots.
Cons: For what it is, it is a great course. Yeah, 18 hole courses are nice, but so are cities that decide to turn abandoned land, filled with trash, into a fun course!

Good Quick Course

2-4    7/31/2011   8/8/2011
Review By: Clempson13
Pros: - Easy to follow layout
- Well maintained course
- Great for beginners or anyone looking to work on their putt/approach
- good amount of elevation change in a few holes, (especially in the locally know back 9).
Cons: - Short holes
- Only 9 holes, (unless a local shoes you the hidden back 9).
Other Thoughts: At first I though this course was a zero based on the simplicity and ease of each hole. After playing it a few times though I can say that its really nice to play a course that is easy to follow and easy to go out with a few friends a play several rounds real quick for fun. If you can find someone to show you the "back 9" its actually a really fun course and challenging. If I was rating including those holes it would bump it up a tleast a point.

Enjoyable and Scenic Course

2-4    5/15/2011   5/16/2011
Review By: forehandfranz
This review was updated on 9/6/2011
Pros: Located in a well manicured park on the banks of Silver Lake, this course is a great little "executive" course, with most of the holes playing pretty short, but providing nice challenges.

The tee pads were nice and grippy on a rainy weekend day and the navigation was very intuitive, as the tall 4x4 posts are quite visible.

This course has some of the feel of Pier Park (All the large trees and manicured feel) with the elevation of a place like Horning's Hideout. All the holes but #1 and #2 benefit from the use of a major slope that encompasses the rest of the course. The combination of elevation, trees, and varying types of shots required make this course a blast. Most experienced players will see birdie opportunities on a majority of holes, and will be inspired by the chance to rack them up.
Cons: Though there is rumor that they will expand the course to 18 holes, the fact that there's only 9 does not really bring my rating down. The current offering is quite nice and only makes us wanting for more - but only 9 holes would limit this as a frequent destination for those like me that have to drive 40 minutes.

Played once on a sunny Labor Day and the park was full of people doing everything from walking the paths to geocaching. We had some stray drives that came really close to pedestrians. I would say that I wouldn't recommend playing at all on these busy family days, as it's too terrifying to watch what "I wasn't trying to do" become reality. I surely will stick to weekday mornings!

Hole 1 & 2 (though not bad holes) suffer a bit. Hole #1 from its openness, and #2 from the wet bogginess that seems to prevail.
Other Thoughts: We played with a local who was knowlegable of the "safari back 9" which is a longer version of the current course. He showed us this course which stacks holes (like combining 1 & 2) to make for a very challenging and fun course. For obvious reasons, it can only be played when the park isn't crowded. But what fun it was!

My suggestion- if more land cannot be obtained, perhaps go the route that Northpark has and install more teepads to the existing holes if possible to create a back 9.

Feel good track

2-4    12/18/2010   12/18/2010
Review By: bbobsuek
Pros: great scenery
some fun tee shots
nice tee pads
park is well maintained

Cons: if you want be challenged this is not the track for you
hole 2 basket a little swampy
Other Thoughts: a nice job of making some fun holes in a compact space.
possible for less experienced players to make birdies

Neat

5+    8/1/2010   10/22/2010
Review By: S3R14L_K1LL4
Pros: Located in a fairly decent park. Out of the way of park activities. Maintained well. Not much congestion.
Cons: Only 9 holes. Not very challenging. Hole 2 is way too swampy around the basket.
Other Thoughts: This course has a lot of potential! Can't wait to see if they add another 9 holes! Across the street would be a perfect location.

silver lake

5+    8/26/2010   8/28/2010
Review By: hyrulehero96
This review was updated on 6/2/2014
Pros: Rubber teepads are nice, good practice course, nice use of space, teepads are labled and easy to navigate as are the baskets. Hole length has been added to teepad markers. There are also plenty of trash cans.
Cons: Not very challenging. Lots of asphalt trails to throw over so people can be in the way at times and your discs can get damaged.
Other Thoughts: A decent little 9 hole, not much difficulty here but a great warm up. Can get crowded on the weekends and its located in a busy park so people can get in the way, especially on holes 1 and 9. Hole 2 throws over a large asphalt patch and the basket sits in a swampy area of the park. There is a vollyball pit below the fairway of hole 8 that can get in the way.

5+    8/15/2010   8/25/2010
Review By: Duanel
Pros: Definitely a "feel good about yourself" course. It's short, but technical enough to provide a challenge. To add even more of a challenge, my friends and I play that if your disc lands on a paved area, it's considered OB. Even still, our average score is 1-2 over par.
Cons: Even though there is plenty of parking, you have to walk through a pretty crowded family area to get to hole 1. The fact that there's no smoking is pretty irritating. If you need to light up, however, you can step outside of the park at the tee to hole 5.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't call it a destination course but more of a warm-up on the way type. The tee pads are brand new and the baskets are fresh. It is a fun course and there is enough shade and breeze to keep you cool on hot summer days!

Fun Course!

2-4    8/10/2010   8/10/2010
Review By: Chill Will
Pros: Nice layout and challenging too! Very clean as well.
Cons: 18 holes would be nice but there's not room unfortunately. And a port-a-potty would be cool too.
Other Thoughts: It plays plenty fast. We put in 27 holes in under 2 hours. Definetly a good time!

Set In A Beautiful But Busy Park!

1    6/12/2010   6/14/2010
This review was updated on 10/25/2013
Pros: The two previous reviewers have both written eloquent, informative reviews. The course plays from the shore of Silver Lake up to the street. This is a fairly smallish piece of land but the view of Silver Lake and then the North Cacades snow capped foothills off in the distance make this one of the prettiest spots for a course anywhere. Being a brand new course, the DGA baskets with numbers on top are in like new condition. The teepads are fly pads which are great here in the NW. The course plays at kind of a recreational to beginner level. There are signs at each hole. Slight elevation comes into play on many of the holes.
Cons: Because this is such a multi-use park and gets so much use, there are going to be conflicts which other park users. The day I played there was a outrigger canoe festival of some kind. Holes 1 and 9 were not playable due to cars parked on and around them. I didn't want to risk hitting some giant Hawaiian's rowers car and have him throw me in the lake. I know there aren't always going to be canoe races going on but I'm fairly certain that this lovely little park by the lake is always packed on summer days and holidays. Many of your throws cross over one of the park's entry roads so be extra careful there. The area around the # 2 basket was extremely marshy but we have had, like a 1000 days straight with rain.
Other Thoughts: Did I talk about the gorgeous setting? OK, enough on that. If there is room across the street, I could see maybe having the first seven holes on the lake side and finishing up with the last 11 on the other side. The hole # 1 teepad will be parked on most of the summer.

This is a nice addition for the folks around Everett. Hopefully, the additional holes will be added soon and a minor re-configuration will help things.