The Colony, TX
Bill Allen Memorial Park Share
Uploaded By: Marty McFly Hole #12 (Taken 8/2010)
Hole #12 Tee: Basket down the trail to the left.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Not as crazy as ppl make it out to be!

1    7/16/2019   7/16/2019
Review By: SillyPeddy
Pros: Concrete tee pads
Bench and trash cans at every tee
Shade! Not many courses around here have it

Cons: Chains are flimsy on the baskets
A few tee signs are missing
Mostly short straight holes (still wooded tho)
Signs showed Blue pads also? Did not see one or even a dirt spot where one could be.
Other Thoughts: Many of the reviews talk about the creek and problems with it but I had 0 trouble, the water was about a foot deep anyway. Also many of the shots are dead straight so a Buzz or similar would be perfect on them.

Cool course but if you want woods I would say Heritage is the better choice.

1    4/4/2019   4/4/2019
Review By: YNPveteran
Pros: Good variety of long, short, left, right, up, down, narrow, open holes. Not crowded for a Sunday afternoon. Didn't catch up to group ahead until #15. No group caught us until #16. We had no map, nor someone in front of us to follow, yet navigation was very easy. There were signs on most holes with distance and par.
Cons: Course runs through busy public park, look before you throw on some holes. 10, 11, 12, & 18 were muddy.
Other Thoughts: We only had time for one round of golf while in the area, and we decided on this course from the many to choose from. We had a rookie playing his first round, and I'm from Michigan and hadn't gotten out yet this year. This course was perfect for us over 50 guys. With the variety of holes, I used every one of my 10 discs I brought. Not a real difficult course, we played every hole as a par 3, we didn't break par, but didn't hit double digits over either(rookie didn't keep score). During the rainy season I could see some of the holes being unplayable, the mosquitoes getting real bad when the nights warm up, and some of the rough on the back becoming a problem. At a leisurely pace, play time was less than 2 hours.

Great course.

5+    1/19/2019   3/18/2019
Review By: RedbirdinTX
Pros: A well laid out course that incorporates every throw. Make sure you bring every type of disc with you, you will probably need use them all. Concrete pads at every hole. Carts are easy enough to use unless it is really wet. Well maintained by the excellent parks service.
Cons: The baskets are functional but old, with some chain detachment. The course stays muddy for a week or so after moderate rains, and it can be quite cumbersome in the wooded area of the course, especially at hole 11.
Other Thoughts: This course is definitely worth driving out of your way to play. Bring some sandals or something to drive home in as your shoes will likely be muddy at the end of the day.

Gooshy but GREAT.

1    10/14/2018   10/14/2018
Review By: DonJuanDeLaNooch
Pros: Great variety of shots
Well maintained beautiful park
Awesome tunnel shots
Great air it outs as well
Right turns
Left turns
It's all here.
Cons: I really could t find any. It was wet when I played but that's just the way it goes sometimes.
Other Thoughts: I would up at this course as a plan B from Lewisville. There was a tourney going on at Lewisville.
I turned out to be thankful for that because this course was really cool and I wouldn't have likely played it otherwise. If you are out that way in the Colony it is worth a round or two for sure. Excellent course. LOVED the elevated tee box air outs!!

Course in excellent condition

5+    7/11/2017   7/11/2017
Review By: Superpolski
Pros: Bill Allen has 18 concrete tee pads and clear well defined fairways. It will challenge all skill level players with tight lines, tunnel shots and a few big arm holes. Accuracy is a must to score well here. Hole 11 is the signature hole but hole 6 also has that signature hole appeal.
Cons: The rough is full and thick around holes 15, 16 and 17. The baskets are old DGA baskets and the tee signs could be better.
Other Thoughts: The course is in excellent condition. Most of the water has dried up in all the normal low spots and it has been mowed recently.

Great Course

5+    3/11/2017   4/3/2017
Review By: 34blast
This review was updated on 5/25/2018
Pros: Great Variety
Lot's of great challenge
Lot's of shade
Cons: A bit difficult if you are a beginner
Can be really muddy after a big rain
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses. There is alot of variety of long and short holes along with some very tight and challenging holes.

You'll need every disc, and watch out for water

1    1/10/2017   2/3/2017
Review By: jamminbales
Pros: -Crazy variety
-Emphasizes accuracy over distance
Cons: -Lots of water to lose a disc in
-Poor tee signs
-Tough to navigate without a map
Other Thoughts: Difficulty (4.5/5): This is a fairly short but very tight course. It was more difficult than my skills could support in many places. Accuracy is definitely at a premium for the majority of this course with lots of tree tunnels and gaps you have to hit.

Maintenance (2.5/5): The grass was kept sort and there wasn't really any brush off to the side of the fairways, just trees. I played the weekend after a pretty heavy rain and there was a few flooded/swampy areas in the fairways, which wasn't idea. The tee signs weren't great but the tee boxes were in good shape.

Variability (5/5): The true strength of this course. Off the tee you'll throw hyzers, anhyzers, tunnel ace runs, tunnel placement shots, long bombs where you have to aim for a specific side of the fairway. On hole six you'll have to decide if you want to risk carrying the lake or if you'll play it safe and layup. There's really only one hole that is open enough to where you can throw it as far as you want and not really worry about where you'll land. And even better, there's probably 5 holes that you could play different strategies with so I could foresee this course being extremely replayable.

Flow/Experience (2.5/5): I used the UDisc gps map to help me get around, otherwise I think I would have had a problem. The teepad for 3 was originally confusing because we could see baskets for 3, 18, 17, and 10. Getting between 3 - 4 would have been tough, as well as 9 - 10 and 12 - 13. Because of the poor condition of the tee signs, there isn't much help on the course of how to navigate, so bring a map! I definitely walked away happy from this course though, and I plan on coming back to play it once I have gotten a little better.

Very good course

1    1/20/2017   1/20/2017
Review By: tankmlee
Pros: Well laid out
Good variety of holes
Very nice neighborhood
well maintained
good views
not many other people in park
Cons: Tee signs are not good
course map needs to be updated
Layout can be confusing if you have never played it.
Other Thoughts: overall a wonderful course, i will play it again soon.

2-4    12/25/2015   12/26/2015
Review By: sommelier73
Pros: Well designed, technical course with some arm-stretching holes thrown in for balance. Tee pads and baskets are all in good shape, and the park seems fairly popular. The creative layout of the course forced me to use all the shots in my bag, which I like. There are also three holes that are marked as par 4 which seem generous.
Cons: There are some low spots that collect water after a heavy rain, so parts of the course turn into a shoe sucking mud pit. Also, hole 6 plays across a pond that forces you to carry 300' from the tee, or go swimming.
Other Thoughts: We came out on Christmas and there were a bunch of people out using the park. We had some folks stroll down the fairway of 11, just enjoying the views. There were a couple of guys using hole 18 for putting practice, and a family using the 15th fairway for batting practice. All in all, I would recommend this course for anybody, but beginners should bring diving equipment.

A good bit of water

2-4    11/21/2015   11/23/2015
Review By: Elimster
Pros: It's a nice, challenging course. Has technical shots, with some long easier shots. Good layout, you can find the next hole fairly easily, and a nice park.
Cons: The signs have either worn away or the papers are no longer there on many of the holes. Many you cannot see from the tee, this in and of itself is not a bad thing just makes you scout if you don't know the course.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5